Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has it been covered in the forum?
How durable is it ?
How much can it carry? How much weight ?
How easily removed?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of stuff in the forum.

No one has “reviewed” the roof rack yet.

Static load limit is 450lbs. Dynamic limit is 110lbs.

Here’s a video about how it’s attached and removed:

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of stuff in the forum.

No one has “reviewed” the roof rack yet.

Static load limit is 450lbs. Dynamic limit is 110lbs.

Here’s a video about how it’s attached and removed:

What’s difference between static and dynamic loads ?

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always assumed it was
Static = stationary
Dynamic = moving
Why would it matter how much it can handle stationary vs moving ? Isn’t how much weight it can carry moving the only thing that matters

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would it matter how much it can handle stationary vs moving ? Isn’t how much weight it can carry moving the only thing that matters
Static mattes if you are considering a roof tent that will hold people.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because physics.

A 110lb load has more than 110lbs of force when you're driving.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Static is how much weight the item can physically support.

Once you start moving though, inertia takes over and the weight that is experienced by the rack is increased. (Think about the weight of someone’s fist vs them punching you in the face).

The “dynamic” weight is the amount of weight you can put up there and then drive around with.

(static and dynamic loads have specific definitions, but I simplified it for the purposes of this discussion)

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Static is how much weight the item can physically support.

Once you start moving though, inertia takes over and the weight that is experienced by the rack is increased. (Think about the weight of someone’s fist vs them punching you in the face).

The “dynamic” weight is the amount of weight you can put up there and then drive around with.

(static and dynamic loads have specific definitions, but I simplified it for the purposes of this discussion)
Sure doesnt seem like very much weight at all. A Christmas tree and that’s it lol !!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure doesnt seem like very much weight at all. A Christmas tree and that’s it lol !!
Vehicles with removable or composite tops (Jeeps, and now the Bronco) don’t have a very robust structure to support a roof rack, so dynamic loads are relatively low compared to a vehicle with a solid roof.

If you need higher capacity, you either need to go with an aftermarket rack that reinforces the hardtop roof from the inside (and prevents easy removable), or go with an exoskeleton type system that attaches to the body and the frame down lower (and allows roof removal or even soft top use).

Here’s what’s on my current Jeep. Dynamic load is over 400 lbs:

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack review? 1E00E645-0372-4FD9-9C61-CAEF73D3FF1C

Sponsored

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning! From the accessories: can you explain what includes roof platform kit, larg, roof rail attachment by yakima? Are the cross bars included? Why $1,069.00? Please help me understand better. Also, cross bars by Yakima or Thule? Will appreciate your time clarify the differences for me. Thank you.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ZackDanger Nice Jeep! Couple of questions maybe you can help me with.

Since you have experience with the exoskeleton how do feel about that system on a Bronco?
Does it end up being custom or aftermarket will make some that bolt up? Cost?
Are they designed so that you can remove the clamshell part of the top without unbolting some of the exo system?
Thx

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve seen how Ford roof rack unbolts from the front, but unsure how it attaches to the back? Anyone know ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning! From the accessories: can you explain what includes roof platform kit, larg, roof rail attachment by yakima? Are the cross bars included? Why $1,069.00? Please help me understand better. Also, cross bars by Yakima or Thule? Will appreciate your time clarify the differences for me. Thank you.
It’s literally a platform for attaching things. Search for the outer banks fishing concept on the forum, or the badlands from Super CEL. They both have platforms.
Stock cross bars come from Ford. There are two of them. You can get a third in the accessory catalog.
You can option Yakima cross bars to replace them that other Yakima accessories will attach to without adaptors or anything.
There are pictures and discussions of these things on the forum if you are patient with searching.
Ford Bronco Factory roof rack review? 1612697213284

@ZackDanger Nice Jeep! Couple of questions maybe you can help me with.

Since you have experience with the exoskeleton how do feel about that system on a Bronco?
Does it end up being custom or aftermarket will make some that bolt up? Cost?
Are they designed so that you can remove the clamshell part of the top without unbolting some of the exo system?
Thx
There is no doubt aftermarket will make something. There’s already at least one company that has said they will provide one when they get their hands on their Bronco to prototype. They bolt right up.
Cost depends on features and construction. Mine is very heavy duty. They all are typically designed to allow for either swing up, or easy removal to get tops open/off.
To get a sense for things I would google and read Jeep forums about the ones offered for wranglers. They will most certainly be pretty close analogues for what will eventually be available for the Bronco.
I’ve seen how Ford roof rack unbolts from the front, but unsure how it attaches to the back? Anyone know ?
It clamps to the top of the hardtop clam shell.

Here, watch this video:

Everything I just shared I’ve either learned from, or already shared numerous time, on this forum. There’s *tons* of good info and numerous threads devoted to just those discussions.

The search function can be troublesome, but between that and just scrolling through the sub forums you should be able to have your answers me.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. Does it damage or permanently after roof when installed with back clamp ?
Sponsored