Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick follow-up to my previous post from a few weeks ago. As I suggested, I recently emailed GFC requesting a mounting diagram with key dimensions — while considering the potential overhang when mounting on a 2-door Bronco — and this is what they sent me (both text and PDF attachment)...

Thanks for reaching out, I'm happy to help.

The SuperLite is made to work with a wide array of roof racks and crossbars. Given its weight, it's also compatible with most vehicles on the market. Two things to consider before purchasing are the dimensions of the tent and how much overhang will be present when mounted on the vehicle, and the static weight rating of your roof rack. I'll dive a little deeper below:

Dimensions and overhang:

I've attached a visual guide for overhang guidelines, but I'll sum it up here as well. SuperLite's need to be mounted with no more than 16" of overhang off the rear of the tent. That's because this is where you put your weight when you're entering the tent, or where you'll sit when you're hanging out at camp. In order to avoid too much leverage off the front, the front-most crossbar needs to be a minimum of 7" from the center of the tent. This means there's 38" of available overhang off the front of the tent. This basically means you'll only need 36" from crossbar to crossbar in order to successfully mount the SuperLite on your vehicle. Keep in mind, we do not recommend standing or sitting on the SuperLite when it's closed.

Crossbar/rack weight rating:

The ball is in your court on this part. You'll want to find a mounting solution that will accommodate the weight of the tent (~80 lbs) plus whoever is planning on sleep inside of it. For this, you'll want to find out the "static" weight rating of your rack or crossbars. If you determine it's a safe fit for the weight you anticipate in the tent, go for it!

Mounting/hardware:

All SuperLite tents will ship with our Universal Mounting Straps and all necessary hardware to mount the SuperLite to your vehicle. Our quick-release mounts are still in development and we hope to have those ready soon...keep an eye out for updates and check out our new SuperLite Mounting Video HERE for more information and a visual guide for mounting the SuperLite using the Universal Mounting Straps.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks! Do you know if it would work with the Bronco roof rack? I am trying to understand the size beween bars.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks! Do you know if it would work with the Bronco roof rack? I am trying to understand the size beween bars.
Yes, but if you and your partner are over 180 lbs each one is sleeping in the truck. 440 lbs static.

Highly anticipating aftermarket rack options.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am asking because if a bar in the middle, it doesn't look like 36" What do you think? Should the bar be moved closer to the front?

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack review? Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 7.00.16 PM

Ford Bronco Factory roof rack review? Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 7.00.24 PM

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 3 minutes into this video 4WP describes their aftermarket exoskeleton rooftop rack system they are coming out with for the Bronco.

Anyone used 4WP? Good quality? From a marketing perspective, they certainly seem to be leading the pack on sharing the parts they’ll have. I’m diggin’ the fender delete, rock rails, and exoskeleton.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am asking because if a bar in the middle, it doesn't look like 36" What do you think? Should the bar be moved closer to the front?
Unfortunately, I don’t know the dimensions of the roof rail setup, but i do know that Ford is selling an extra cross bar for the roof rails in the Accessories catalogue, so I am hoping it will work. Just have to wait and see.

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, I don’t know the dimensions of the roof rail setup, but i do know that Ford is selling an extra cross bar for the roof rails in the Accessories catalogue, so I am hoping it will work. Just have to wait and see.
Yeah. I think the included one could be moved as well. But would it be less 60" between bars? This is the question :)

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of stuff in the forum.

No one has “reviewed” the roof rack yet.

Static load limit is 450lbs. Dynamic limit is 110lbs.

Here’s a video about how it’s attached and removed:

Funny how the Thule Tepui Explorer Ayer 2 is 105lbs and the dynamic limit is 110lbs

I wonder if the Thule crossbars are actually required? I have a buddy who has a Tepui that just attaches with u bolts to his factory roof rack crossbars!

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone find the roof rails really loud on the highway? I want to remove and compare the road noise. Curious if anyone did that already?
Sponsored