Sponsored

Factory Soft Top to Hard Top - parts needed?

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a factory soft top (with hard top prep kit) and am wondering if I get an opportunity to get a factory hard top, what additional parts (bolts) will I need? I know the soft top has 6 bolts to mount to the rear cargo area. I also know (from Ford video) it seems the factory hard top has at least 4 bolts in the rear cargo area and at least 2 bolts on the C-pillar. Question is can I re-use my soft top bolts in those 6 spots or are they different thread/length?? And are there any more bolts or hardware needed to convert to a hard top?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming Ford comes out with a kit before you find a top, it will likely have everything needed.

W721071-S450B These are the bolts to hold the cap to the top of the rear quarters. Either 8 or 10 total needed. W721070-S450B maybe a couple of these at the top.

If you are getting a take-off, I would get all of the hardware from the donor and save yourself some $$ instead of buying new.

SC_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly is the purpose of the soft top roll bar brackets? Are the actually requested ?
Ford Bronco Factory Soft Top to Hard Top - parts needed? DE606568-3A74-4D19-975F-EBC5F103C615

OP
OP
Waverider

Waverider

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly is the purpose of the soft top roll bar brackets? Are the actually requested ?
Ford Bronco Factory Soft Top to Hard Top - parts needed? DE606568-3A74-4D19-975F-EBC5F103C615
From looking at my soft top hardware those mount above rear doors. When the top is raised there is a spring clip that latches to those brackets to keep the top locked into the roll bar. Also holds the top in place when sunrider feature is open.

SC_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your feedback. Any chance you send me a picture? The one in the thread isn’t very clear.

JKeefe76

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you know the part number of those bolts. I need to order them because the person I got my soft top from didn't give me them or the brackets. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored