First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I follow through with my WildTrak order, my Bronco will see an average of 98%+ road use in a 4 season climate and >2% Off-Road use. Even though future owners have lofty aspirations for trekking in the wilds, let's be honest about desirability vs. sensibility. Especially if the Bronco will be your Primary or ONLY vehicle. Why should/would anyone pay the factory mark-up price for 35" "Mud Terrain" tires on a vehicle that will most definitely see very little mud bogging?! And you won't even have the choice of manufacturer! Before someone suggests it, I run the factory AT Light Truck tires on my F-150 in the warmer and BFG KO2s in the colder months but I "use" them because they fit my driving conditions and they perform their respective duties very well. Great Summertime mileage on dry and wet roads and great traction on wet, frozen and snowy roads in the Winters. If you're going to drop $1,400+ on a set of off-road tires, don't you have a preference in brand and style? I do.

My preference is obviously the BF Goodrich KO2s AT over the Good Year equivalent for many reasons. They include Price, Performance, Durability, Quietness and Patriotism. If I could order my WT with 35" All Terrain KO2s, I most certainly would and then get an extra set of wheels and shoe them with a narrower set of KO2s to cut through the Western, NY snow drifts.

Not happy at all with my Good Year AT Kevlar LTs durability. Rotated every tire swap (5000 miles). They have 35,000 miles on them as I'm preparing to swap out for the KO2s for the winter and I'll be lucky if they make the first month or two of Spring and be inspection passable at trade in time. For me, Mud terrain tires just make no sense and they will be, next to, useless in the Winter for 70% of the consumers. Cold climate buyers beware, you're going to need add an extra $1500+ to the sticker price if you're going to drive your Sasquatched Bronco in the snow.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

GEP

Badlands
First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure about that. The GYs look like they're going to be similar to the Duratrac. IIRC GY is calling them a max or multi-terrain not mud. If they are like the Duratrac and get the Mountain Snowflake certification they will be pretty good. I am in Alberta and in the oil patch here Duratracs are a pretty common choice. Think long highway drives in winter, then long gravel drives then down onto service roads or pipeline rights of way. Pretty demanding conditions and Duratracs are a go-to. I'm not worried about winter and the Goodyears.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree completely M_Bird

I'm a BFG/Michelin loyalist. Had Comp2s on my JCW MINI and currently running PilotSportAS4s on my Mustang GT. I've driven on many a squirrely tire from Pirelli to Continental to Goodyear. That said I know there are some good tire options out there but for me, it comes down to similar things to what M_Bird posted "Price, Performance, Durability, Quietness, and Patriotism."

I will add on the off-road stuff - BFG has saved my a$$ several times. I've had some butt pucker moments at BFE and Baja.

It appears so far Ford is reserving the BFGs for a few high-end packages, maybe will see more clarity and consistency on what OE tires are going to be when we get B/P.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I follow through with my WildTrak order, my Bronco will see an average of 98%+ road use in a 4 season climate and >2% Off-Road use. Even though future owners have lofty aspirations for trekking in the wilds, let's be honest about desirability vs. sensibility. Especially if the Bronco will be your Primary or ONLY vehicle. Why should/would anyone pay the factory mark-up price for 35" "Mud Terrain" tires on a vehicle that will most definitely see very little mud bogging?! And you won't even have the choice of manufacturer! Before someone suggests it, I run the factory AT Light Truck tires on my F-150 in the warmer and BFG KO2s in the colder months but I "use" them because they fit my driving conditions and they perform their respective duties very well. Great Summertime mileage on dry and wet roads and great traction on wet, frozen and snowy roads in the Winters. If you're going to drop $1,400+ on a set of off-road tires, don't you have a preference in brand and style? I do.

My preference is obviously the BF Goodrich KO2s AT over the Good Year equivalent for many reasons. They include Price, Performance, Durability, Quietness and Patriotism. If I could order my WT with 35" All Terrain KO2s, I most certainly would and then get an extra set of wheels and shoe them with a narrower set of KO2s to cut through the Western, NY snow drifts.

Not happy at all with my Good Year AT Kevlar LTs durability. Rotated every tire swap (5000 miles). They have 35,000 miles on them as I'm preparing to swap out for the KO2s for the winter and I'll be lucky if they make the first month or two of Spring and be inspection passable at trade in time. For me, Mud terrain tires just make no sense and they will be, next to, useless in the Winter for 70% of the consumers. Cold climate buyers beware, you're going to need add an extra $1500+ to the sticker price if you're going to drive your Sasquatched Bronco in the snow.
I got 65,000 out of my first set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I’m wondering I could drive straight to Discount Tire and trade them in on some ATs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MachingBird

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m wondering I could drive straight to Discount Tire and trade them in on some ATs.
I've heard of people doing that and you just have to be all set up to go on delivery day.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got no first hand use with Goodyear Duratrec tires but I’ve heard that they’re just about the best AT tire for snow.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did this with my wrangler. Called five or six discount tire stores for the Best price. Ended up getting 600 credit for five tires which was worth avoiding the hassle of selling separately.
Sponsored