Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Came across some of the images for installation guides for a handful of OE Bronco accessories. Nothing truly earth-shattering here, but some details may be of interest.

Large Wheel Arch Extension Kit -- Part Number: SKM2DJ-16268-A

Looks to be a set of four fenders. I presume this gives non-Squatched Broncos Squatch fenders. What interests me most is how these (and original fendrs) are shown to fasten to the vehicle - are those quick-releases?

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 bronco wheel flare extension kit 1
Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 bronco wheel flare extension kit 2

Rock Rail Kit -- Part Number: SKM2DJ-102D30-AA

We knew this was being offered as an OE accessory thanks to B&P.. Unclear on if this uses the same part number for both 2- and 4-door rails.

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 Ford Bronco rock rail kit 1
Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 Ford Bronco rock rail kit 2

Roof Rack Cross Bar -- Part Number: SKM2DJ-S550B08-AA

Looks as if a cross bar will be available a la carte, though it seems these are non-adjustable, and there may only be two places pre-drilled in roof rails for them.

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 Ford Bronco roof rack cross bar 1

Cargo Liner -- Part Number: SKM2DJ-11600-AA

Not exciting whatsoever, but for those wondering if there will be an OE accessory liner for cargo hold, the answer is yes. Again, unclear if this P/N is being used for both variations. Instructions indicate you *will* have to cut openings for the D-rings in load floor if so desired.

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 Ford Bronco cargo liner
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice find. Is 3A & B depicting the rock rails?

edit: nevermind I see it. Reading is good! LOL

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct, those are quick disconnects for the fender flairs. I am super excited about those. I can have some flairs with good tire coverage for winter to keep the salt spray down and then run short/flat ones for tire clearance and because they look cool.... or remove them completely!

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came across some of the images for installation guides for a handful of OE Bronco accessories. Nothing truly earth-shattering here, but some details may be of interest.

Looks to be a set of four fenders. I presume this gives non-Squatched Broncos Squatch fenders. What interests me most is how these (and original fendrs) are shown to fasten to the vehicle - are those quick-releases?

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021 Ford Bronco cargo liner

We knew this was being offered as an OE accessory thanks to B&P.. Unclear on if this uses the same part number for both 2- and 4-door rails.

Looks as if a cross bar will be available a la carte, though it seems these are non-adjustable, and there may only be two places pre-drilled in roof rails for them.

Not exciting whatsoever, but for those wondering if there will be an OE accessory liner for cargo hold, the answer is yes. Again, unclear if this P/N is being used for both variations. Instructions indicate you *will* have to cut openings for the D-rings in load floor if so desired.

Not sure if anyone's ever asked this. Has Ford mentioned selling a longer rail for the top? There are two connecting points, one forward on the clamshell, and one toward the back. Seems easy to connect a 4 door roof rack to the points at the rear, if you had longer rails. I like the look of the "stubby" rails on the 4 door, just curious. I could see placing longer loads up there and wouldn't want to dent/scratch the exposed back end.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has me concerned.

2021-ford-bronco-rock-rail-kit-1-png.png

2021-ford-bronco-rock-rail-kit-2-png.png

Those brackets look like they'll bend easily when the rock rail takes a load pushing up from underneath. I wonder what the design load of the rock rails are? Are they designed to support the weight of the vehicle or just look pretty? What gauge steel is used?

I can see it working in they hold the rock rail against the bottom of the body and then spreads the load.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has me concerned.

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021-ford-bronco-rock-rail-kit-2-

Ford Bronco Factory Wheel Arch Extension Kit , Rock Rails, Roof Rack Cross Bar, Cargo Liner -- Installation Instruction Images & Part Numbers 2021-ford-bronco-rock-rail-kit-2-

Those brackets look like they'll bend easily when the rock rail takes a load pushing up from underneath. I wonder what the design load of the rock rails are? Are they designed to support the weight of the vehicle or just look pretty? What gauge steel is used?

I can see it working in they hold the rock rail against the bottom of the body and then spreads the load.
Can't say for sure but the rock rails on my former 2015 Willy's Jeep had almost identical rails and they were really strong. They weighed a ton and the brackets were made with a thick steel. I can't see from this diagram whether or not they mount to the body. That's my only concern. Might be better off buying Aftermarket rails for several reasons.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
aftermarket will def have better floor and cargo liners .. thicker and better coverage and most likely cheaper.

The only advantage the OEM will have is that it will say "bronco" on them

Hopefully the cargo liner is a thing, already got the floor liners added to my build !

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if anyone's ever asked this. Has Ford mentioned selling a longer rail for the top? There are two connecting points, one forward on the clamshell, and one toward the back. Seems easy to connect a 4 door roof rack to the points at the rear, if you had longer rails. I like the look of the "stubby" rails on the 4 door, just curious. I could see placing longer loads up there and wouldn't want to dent/scratch the exposed back end.
I think the problem is - where do you then put the rear-most anchors, and what's there to support it? Right now, the towers line up with actual structure (windshield header; rollbar cross-beam), but I don't know that there's much behind that to do something similar.

tbeadle

Badlands
First Name
Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wonder how big a pain in the ass it will be to remove the crossbars and top.

OP
OP
etmccaus86

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't say for sure but the rock rails on my former 2015 Willy's Jeep had almost identical rails and they were really strong. They weighed a ton and the brackets were made with a thick steel. I can't see from this diagram whether or not they mount to the body. That's my only concern. Might be better off buying Aftermarket rails for several reasons.
It's hard to tell from other diagrams that were with this ("...is that a frame rail or a body rib?"); was hoping someone at one of these events may have had a chance to crawl underneath and look.

i wonder how big a pain in the ass it will be to remove the crossbars and top.
All I know is each crossbar is secured by four Torx bolts.
I have yet to see how the towers/rails secure to the vehicle (and I'm super curious as I'll probably have to add it to my Sasquatch on my own).
Sponsored