Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, a surprising number of vehicles are pumping fake or "enhanced" engine noise into the cockpit through the speakers or through a dedicated system like VW's "Soundaktor" or Porsche's "Symposer."
Ford has it in a lot of models, especially F-150 models with the 2.7L Ecoboost, where they apparently thought customers would prefer to have something that sounds as powerful as it is. And it's nearly invisible... Unless you, for example, change the audio system. Particularly the subwoofers, at which point it makes terrible and strange noises that are difficult to get rid of without ripping out the wires to the Active Control Module that provides "sound cancellation," or disable it with a laptop at a dealer using Ford IDS with a couple of clicks.
It's entirely possible Ford will use it in the new Bronco. Especially in versions with the high-end sound system, and the 2.7L Ecoboost, where it has used them before. They're in the parts bin and the code is easy to reuse.

If they use it - keep it or kill it?
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its the most rediculous thing I can imagine. Even in electric cars I only would want it optional or changeable. Like changing it to sound like a harley or a flathead. And why does it play inside? It should be playing outside so everyone can hear it. Also if I am hearing fake sounds then how will I be able to tell if the car is actually running right. 90% of mechanic diagnostics starts with a quick listen.

Its just dumb and one more reason I dont trust those screens on the dash and would rather have a simple CD player in there that I can swap out at walmart for $100.

Gall darn new fangled pile o dung!

Im 36 years old by the way not 80 like my dad who probably loves it :ROFLMAO:

Big TX Mike

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Indian Scout, '18 F150, '30 Model A
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's really when the top is off that this feature will be ridiculous. Everyone will hear it and think we are playing exhaust noises through the stereo to compensate for something.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much is it without the fake noise?

Seriously save their "technology" and give me a MIC white top lol

That's some poser crap

One more good thing about the Base..

Last edited:

Sponsored

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi OP, setting aside the electric Taycan with its recorded "Jetson" sound in sport mode, lumping Porsche in with the OEMs that play fake engine sounds is inaccurate. The newer Porsches now have an acoustic tube that brings sound from the engine compartment into the cabin. Nothing fake.

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/22834...tting-sneakier-about-engine-sound-enhancement

https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpo...gazine/archive/369/articleoverview/article06/

If Ford puts a system in my Bronco that pumps fake sounds through the audio system, I'm cutting the wires.

Last edited:

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright whoā€™s the person. You know who you are

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll take it. I'm all about it. You guys are weird haha. What's wrong with making us FEEL like we have something beefier than we do? And wanting it to play outside? Really? Like anyone gives a damn what a 2.3-2.7 Bronco sounds like hahaha. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stand Harleys or even super loud cars anymore, ESPECIALLY imports or small motors with exhaust systems. Obnoxious & inconsiderate of people around you. My vote is make every car silent, have noise ONLY inside, and immediately outlaw Harleys. Hahaha, happy Saturday and I'm ready for my forum crucifixion now. BRING IT.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hopefully Ford will put it in a menu somewhere so the customer can turn it, that's how my GTI was and yes, it was off.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll take it. I'm all about it. You guys are weird haha. What's wrong with making us FEEL like we have something beefier than we do? And wanting it to play outside? Really? Like anyone gives a damn what a 2.3-2.7 Bronco sounds like hahaha. Maybe I'm getting old but I can't stand Harleys or even super loud cars anymore, ESPECIALLY imports or small motors with exhaust systems. Obnoxious & inconsiderate of people around you. My vote is make every car silent, have noise ONLY inside, and immediately outlaw Harleys. Hahaha, happy Saturday and I'm ready for my forum crucifixion now. BRING IT.
I went to Top Fuel Drags and Tractor pulls before I was a year old. I grew up at a higher decibel. The Harley electric cars thing was really a joke though. Only to be used in the Whole Foods parking lot ya know. But making it fun and having multiple sounds like a Tie Fighter or a steam engine. For entertainment purposes only. I personally think every vehicle sounds better with glass pack mufflers on it. Doesnt really matter what the sound is like though, I just want to be able to hear it to know where my rpms are without taking my eyes of the road. I want to hear when I have water in my gas, or when I should check my oil levels. I just dont want to hear something fake. If I wanted that I would turn on some boy band music.

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, as long as it's a sound symposer tube which uses real induction noise off the intake manifold, I'd like it. I enjoyed the one in my Focus ST. Once I put an exhaust on it I had to get a symposer delete but it was cheap and easy to install. Nobody would be able to hear it outside of the car btw. It's not that loud. More of a subconscious thing unless you are really listening for it.

If it comes thru the speakers I hope it's not too noticeable and could be adjusted or turned off.

OP
OP
Magical_Savior

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi OP, setting aside the electric Taycan with its recorded "Jetson" sound in sport mode, lumping Porsche in with the OEMs that play fake engine sounds is inaccurate. The newer Porsches now have an acoustic tube that brings sound from the engine compartment into the cabin. Nothing fake.
Sure, but whereā€™s the line? Itā€™s a dedicated system for ā€œenhancingā€ engine sound, and itā€™s tunable. Optional. You can control it. Is it ā€œmore real?ā€ Using that way to hear your engine piped directly into your passenger compartment, is it so different from what Ford is doing? That tube is tuned to specific frequencies, like engine exhausts are tuned, to hear the motor in a way you never otherwise would. The Ford ACM system is using microphones to play back the ā€œreal sound,ā€ just with a bit of equalizer to sweeten it up a bit. Like the acoustic guitar on a CD. Iā€™m not sold that itā€™s more ā€œrealā€ than the acoustic engineering of a Harley. That engine could run better, more efficiently, if they didnā€™t build in ā€œthat Harley sound.ā€

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One of the first things I did on my 2015 mustang was remove the sound tube that connected the intake manifold to the passenger compartment through the firewall. Fake sounds through the speaker system are even worse. Keep in mind I drive a wrangler with manual locks, windows, transmission, etc. I'm pretty minimalist. Chrysler's electrical stuff has a lot of issues, and Ford seems to be getting worse.

I'm not a fan of integrated infotainment systems in cars either.
Sponsored