First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I absolutely love it out there, been twice and it was stunning both times.
I've never gone that late in the season, different look for sure.
Sponsored

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful shots! I love living in the Texas Hill Country but man I am jelly over all y'all in other areas that have these beautiful landscapes to go and explore. You posting these pix, others posting awesome snow and camping trips, so cool! We have dirt, dust, rattlesnakes, scorpions, black widows, porcupines etc. As I say everything in South TX. will hurt you lol.

Sids

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Navigator, 2017 F350, 2015 Odessey (dog car)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing photos! I am honored I get to travel to AK once a year. It is always extremely beautiful. Enjoyed your inside shot too.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is McCarthy the town that had a reality TV show. There was one guy that wanted to bring the tourists in and others were fighting him to keep them out?

What a place to offroad. We were in AK back in 2002. We were in the Kenai, Homer area. Mountains not as big, but still a great trip. Get out in the wilderness and it was quiet, and the stars at night!!! Thanks for posting.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely beautiful scenery!! Looks like an awesome trip!! Thanks for sharing.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are awesome photos and looks like a great trip.

I love the show Gold Rush so always cool seeing old mining camps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I went there in the 90s, there were two AMC mighty mites there being used as taxis...wonder if they are still there
Haha theyre probably laying around in the woods somewhere.

That's awesome! I've been there a couple times as a kid. Guessing they don't let you explore the buildings anymore, vivid memories of walking through those old buildings.
A bunch of the buildings are open in the summertime when the tour guides are around, but after season like this everything is locked up unfortunately. Definitely need to go again sometime when they're open, but man I HATE crowds.

Thanks for posting! Very beautiful place and that grizzly bear looks just like a St. Bernard.
No kidding! Would you believe the couple with the 4Runner sleeps inside it WITH that monster? 😂

Is McCarthy the town that had a reality TV show. There was one guy that wanted to bring the tourists in and others were fighting him to keep them out?

What a place to offroad. We were in AK back in 2002. We were in the Kenai, Homer area. Mountains not as big, but still a great trip. Get out in the wilderness and it was quiet, and the stars at night!!! Thanks for posting.
Yea, thats it. I've never watched it though and have no idea what it was supposed to be about past what you said. Honestly all of the Alaska "reality" shows are so ridiculously fake they aren't worth watching unless you just wanna mute the bullshit and watch for the scenery. I think Alaska State Troopers and Coast Guard Alaska were the only ones with any basis in reality.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha theyre probably laying around in the woods somewhere.

A bunch of the buildings are open in the summertime when the tour guides are around, but after season like this everything is locked up unfortunately. Definitely need to go again sometime when they're open, but man I HATE crowds.

No kidding! Would you believe the couple with the 4Runner sleeps inside it WITH that monster? 😂

Yea, thats it. I've never watched it though and have no idea what it was supposed to be about past what you said. Honestly all of the Alaska "reality" shows are so ridiculously fake they aren't worth watching unless you just wanna mute the bullshit and watch for the scenery. I think Alaska State Troopers and Coast Guard Alaska were the only ones with any basis in reality.
Well this is a great post and the pictures are wonderful. Thanks again. Dave

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A couple drone shots with absolutely terrible lighting, taken near the beginning of the Mcarthy Road. I should really learn how to set that thing up properly...

Ford Bronco Fall Camping at Kennicott Mine, Alaska with First Edition Bronco dji_fly_20220925_151420_610_1664147711592_photo
Ford Bronco Fall Camping at Kennicott Mine, Alaska with First Edition Bronco dji_fly_20220925_151342_608_1664147645399_photo
Ford Bronco Fall Camping at Kennicott Mine, Alaska with First Edition Bronco dji_fly_20220925_151106_602_1664147496635_photo
Sponsored