Sponsored

Family friend picked up a softtop Wildtrak today with no reservation…

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Family friend in SW Iowa was driving by a Ford dealer and saw what she thought was a Jeep. Pulled in, learned it was a Bronco, and said “I’ll buy it now”. I wouldn’t be posting this if they didn’t say yes and now she owns it… First off: WTF. Second: she didn’t even know what it was! Third: Apparently the dealer ordered it to sell from she said. So did they use a Manager to get a reservation?
Ford Bronco Family friend picked up a softtop Wildtrak today with no reservation… F1A1DBBA-FB1D-4A37-A7A3-5E5A5AE94BAF

I also find it odd it’s a softtop. I thought only the mannequins got those up until yesterday’s announcement.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They sold their mannequin.
Most definitely it was the dealer mannequin as the WT can't come with a soft top in MY'21 except for the dealer demos. Which means they will lose 1 month of Bronco allocation and 1 month of Bronco Sport allocation. I hope the markup was worth it for the dealer.

OP
OP
bk4gbay

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well ya that seems like the case. According to her it arrived yesterday. Unknown if she has to let the dealer have it so many days of the week for test drives. Dealers in my part of Iowa have also sold their mannequins with those conditions.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edit: going to be an ultra rare one. 2021 rapid red soft top wildtrak
50 years from now people will argue about the existence of these.

OP
OP
bk4gbay

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you do that? I didn’t want people leaving bad reviews.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well ya that seems like the case. According to her it arrived yesterday. Unknown if she has to let the dealer have it so many days of the week for test drives. Dealers in my part of Iowa have also sold their mannequins with those conditions.
That's entirely different in selling it and taking delivery or selling it with the stipulation that the sale won't execute until 6 months from delivery. Many dealers are doing the latter with no penalty. I have a deposit on 1 near me and I'm #1 at another dealer's demo in Alabama.

OP
OP
bk4gbay

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m glad she got it. Works hard and deserves it. I just wish the process was fair. 7/14 reservation holders having to wait til 22/23 and here someone walks off the street and gets one. A rare one at that.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m glad she got it. Works hard and deserves it. I just wish the process was fair. 7/14 reservation holders having to wait til 22/23 and here someone walks off the street and gets one. A rare one at that.
Dealers will have Broncos for sale without reservations. Anything is for sale if somebody is willing to pay enough.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good for her 0 fault on her end. The dealer had to opt in and agree to the terms of the mannequin program. Not selling it for 6 months was a big sticking point also adding an accessory pack that ford chooses. If ford were to find out they would either pull all or partial of their allocation. Which essentially would screw people in our position. Would ford let them choose another dealer? This would open a massive can of worms.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So how much did she pay over sticker?
Sponsored