Sponsored

Family friend picked up a softtop Wildtrak today with no reservation…

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish I knew. Not polite to talk finances 😉 but given the circumstances I bet it wasn’t MSRP.
That's a good one, not polite to talk finances! You have a lot to learn about this site where nothing is off limits and there is no quarter given for things such as "delicate and tactful discussion of finances". Bronco 6G is about as "polite" as a cruise missile! But good try on your part to side step it! Amusing...

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Suntrup Ford Kirkwood has a rapid red WT soft top demo. So there're at least two.
Tomball Ford has one too. I test drove it last week. They threw some accessories on it too. They were very upfront that it wasn't for sale though, not that I'd be willing to have bought it.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most definitely it was the dealer mannequin as the WT can't come with a soft top in MY'21 except for the dealer demos. Which means they will lose 1 month of Bronco allocation and 1 month of Bronco Sport allocation. I hope the markup was worth it for the dealer.
I don't think that matters anymore. If it's a total crap shoot if they are even getting any more, and the rest of their lot is empty, what do they have to lose?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think that matters anymore. If it's a total crap shoot if they are even getting any more, and the rest of their lot is empty, what do they have to lose?
The penalties are clearly outlined. Now, whether Ford will enforce them is another matter. I reckon a small dealership with a very small allocation might be tempted to take a large enough ADM right now at the expense of future allocations. But for most dealerships, the math doesn't work.

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealerships will get a second or even a third “demo” vehicle. This one without accessories. They can choose to sell whenever they want just goes towards their 21MY allocation. No plenty just counts as an allocated unit

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has 4 Broncos for sale, 4 people backed up, they are all up for sale.
I wonder if they all backed out because of a mark up they weren’t expecting? Or couldn’t afford msrp? Or just didn’t like the Broncos?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She might have paid MSRP or less, depends on how good her "communication" skills were.

Who knows, maybe she is a family friend of the dealership... you really can't assume anything about how she wrangled the deal. Maybe she was trading in something rare... that might even be enough to get the vehicle at MSRP. The OP might have details as it's his friend, but other than direct knowledge, it's all conjecture as to what she paid.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if they all backed out because of a mark up they weren’t expecting? Or couldn’t afford msrp? Or just didn’t like the Broncos?

I can't tell, the dealer does MSRP for orders, most likely they couldn't afford or moved on with their lives, a lot of people ordered Broncos just to say I ordered one, what could go wrong with a refundable $100?

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In seeing how this has played out and already knowing it was going to be a high demand vehicle, wouldn’t have been a bad idea for a dealer owner/gm to send friends in to make reservations/builds and then back out after production to sell on their lots.
Sponsored