aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im new to auxillery lighting and just have some questions.

1. Slimline LEDs bars or big round lights? This is less a practical question as it is a fashion question. I personally like the big KChighlights with smiley face covers but i dont want to be laughed at. Is there any cultural rules i would be breaking?

2. Is LED the standard now? or are there alternative lights that are better?

3. KChighlights makes a roof rack/cage that has a built in bar and side lights to light up the campsight, but since the roof comes off , is this a bad idea since it looks like bronco has mounts right on the windshield?

4. Underbody lighting/rock lights. Cringe or cool?
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all I know is you'll be getting wind whistling from what I heard with the full strip bar

my friends dad has it on his Silverodriguez and was bitching to him about it, though I could be wrong about it overall

OP
OP

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all I know is you'll be getting wind whistling from what I heard with the full strip bar

my friends dad has it on his Silverodriguez and was bitching to him about it, though I could be wrong about it overall
never thought about that. Ya a full lightbar would likely whistle

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Totally personal preference. If I add a bar, it’ll be round lights to match the headlights. I have a slim bar on my D2, and it definitely does the job.

2. LED is pretty standard. Halogen and HID are still out there though.

3. Some pictures of the modified orange 2 door show the (assumed to be) factory accessory roof rails installed without the front roof panels. It seems like the rail may be designed to stay in place while the roof is off. I’m holding out hope for that, since I love having a rack on my D2, but don’t want to lose the ability to take off the roof panels (at least the ones over the passengers) like you do on a Wrangler with a standard rack system.

4. I like them for camping, but I think a lot of people get them strictly for show.

OP
OP

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Totally personal preference. If I add a bar, it’ll be round lights to match the headlights. I have a slim bar on my D2, and it definitely does the job.

2. LED is pretty standard. Halogen and HID are still out there though.

3. Some pictures of the modified orange 2 door show the (assumed to be) factory accessory roof rails installed without the front roof panels. It seems like the rail may be designed to stay in place while the roof is off. I’m holding out hope for that, since I love having a rack on my D2, but don’t want to lose the ability to take off the roof panels (at least the ones over the passengers) like you do on a Wrangler with a standard rack system.

4. I like them for camping, but I think a lot of people get them strictly for show.
never thought about the round lights matching the headlights good point

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hate hate hate any form of light bar. People are abusing them. Using them on the road. Blinding oncoming traffic. I even see little ricer cars with them mounted on the hood. IMO they look stupid too. There is my opinion on light bars.

Now some round KC's with a small bull bar or a roof mount would look cool. If I was doing any night time off-roading or overlanding I'd consider something like the KC Gravity bar.

Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions 4DE874E4-89FA-4BC0-BDB6-23AB1E4F883F

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are two mount points on the front of the windshield frame for the roof racks or light bars. So I think you should be able to slide the front roof panel out from underneath the rack/rails as it won’t be connected to the roof itself up front.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are two mount points on the front of the windshield frame for the roof racks or light bars. So I think you should be able to slide the front roof panel out from underneath the rack/rails as it won’t be connected to the roof itself up front.
That’s definitely what it looks like, and I hope it’s true. I also hope the middle section on 4 door will work the same. I wonder how the curved part will get past the roll bar though since it’s not a split design like the front.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will not get a full LED Bar again, the wind noise was horrible. I put door edge stripping on the fins to reduce the highway noise. I will go with LED Cubes on the front and rear

Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions 6FFBA634-B7A2-47AB-B59B-F512C9874934

Sponsored

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have light bars on my Raptor (after market front bumper with internal winch) and they have been extremely helpful off-road and in unique situations. Yes, there are many people who run their light bars in normal traffic; unacceptable. However, light bars can be an extraordinary benefit in unique situations on road -- such as rural driving -- if, and only if, you treat them as you would your high beams. I have never left a bar light on when another driver is detected. I have been able to avoid several near misses with wildlife in rural situations. Also, orange light bars absolutely improve my field of vision in foggy conditions. I run Rigid lights and have had zero issues other than minor cosmetic issues. Also, no wind noise when mounted on the bumper -- that I could detect!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Passed a Dodge the other day that had a full strip bar on top. I heard it whistling from about 100 yards out...no lie.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't do anything purely for the look. I'm a cheapskate and now you need to get the h*ll off my lawn.

Seriously, I wanted lights that were functional only. Spots for extra light at night in weather or dark off-road areas, fogs for, um, fog, and a small rear spotlight bar on the rack in case I needed light behind the truck. Because of wind noise, resistance, bug splatter and all the downsides, I went with Rigid Duallys integrated into an aftermarket center grille and Rigid fogs on an aftermarket lower grille on my FJ. The grilles are powder-coated and take a beating from God, stones and armor-plated insects. I tried cheap Amazon lights instead of the Duallys at first, and the seals rotted and failed in a year. Rigid is not cheap, but dammit, they really last.

The rear light, aka the FU light when @ssholios tailgate me, has come in handy more times than I expected when we had to make an emergency roadside stop at night in the middle of nowhere. It lights up several yards around the truck reminding coyotes I can now see them.

All this to say, screw big fat cyclops light bars.
Sponsored