First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have any experience with the rigid adapt light bar? They show it on a concept 2 door orange bronco. I wonder if the unique design of that light bar whistles like the other light bars? I like the idea of the adapt because it gives you the option to have ambient backlighting that you could run while driving on road.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im new to auxillery lighting and just have some questions.....
1. Old school is cool, round shape is acceptable. But most likely will be LED in the round shape. Get what you like.

2. LED is now. Don’t even research other types. LED is simple ( no ballast) and as bright as you like.

3. Lots of roof bar lights will be out that don’t touch a rack or roof.

4. if you wheel at night it’s expected and highly favorable

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
a couple of guys on the Raptor forum run them and they broke. They are trying to get them fixed via warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with the rigid adapt light bar? They show it on a concept 2 door orange bronco. I wonder if the unique design of that light bar whistles like the other light bars? I like the idea of the adapt because it gives you the option to have ambient backlighting that you could run while driving on road.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Baja Design onX6 dual control led light bars. Once I have my bronco I will see if they will fit on the front steel bumper. I want a 40" if will fit. It has a high beam and low beam and you can control the inner and outer separately. I will run it through a switch pro 9100 which will allow me to dim and strope.

Lumens: (High) 39,220 (Low) 32,760 Utilizing 18 Cree LEDs

Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions 1600436696433

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going with Big Bend, I believe has the fog lamps in the bumper. Probably won't be adding lights to the front, don't think I'll need them. I want to setup more for camping, 270 awning etc. So I'll mount smaller led's along the roof rack and rear under the awning. Will add more lighting as I do more off roading and camping to determine needs.

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Totally personal preference. If I add a bar, it’ll be round lights to match the headlights. I have a slim bar on my D2, and it definitely does the job.

2. LED is pretty standard. Halogen and HID are still out there though.

3. Some pictures of the modified orange 2 door show the (assumed to be) factory accessory roof rails installed without the front roof panels. It seems like the rail may be designed to stay in place while the roof is off. I’m holding out hope for that, since I love having a rack on my D2, but don’t want to lose the ability to take off the roof panels (at least the ones over the passengers) like you do on a Wrangler with a standard rack system.

4. I like them for camping, but I think a lot of people get them strictly for show.
I think a lot of folks do get them for show, but even if you're not hardcore with them, having them for setting up camp after dark is a lifesaver. Even if you're just car camping and need to set up a tent in the dark at a park campsite, auxiliary lights are so much better than your headlights.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do a lot of overland type stuff. I sometimes am overly optimistic with how far I can make it during the day and find myself traveling at night. Having lights on the sides and back make it much easier to find and setup camp. I have bars now but agree with those that said round may be the way to go for looks.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do a lot of overland type stuff. I sometimes am overly optimistic with how far I can make it during the day and find myself traveling at night. Having lights on the sides and back make it much easier to find and setup camp. I have bars now but agree with those that said round may be the way to go for looks.
Could not agree more. I installed a cheap 10" flood from Amazon on the back of my FJ. Didn't really think I needed more and was doubtful of investing any more. I thought I would only use it to piss off tailgaters (the classic "FU" light). But I ended up using it many, many times when driving long distances and, especially, for pulling over in the dark to walk my dogs at a dark roadside pulloff or to light up a camp site. I can't imagine not having one on the Bronco too.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Could not agree more. I installed a cheap 10" flood from Amazon on the back of my FJ. Didn't really think I needed more and was doubtful of investing any more. I thought I would only use it to piss off tailgaters (the classic "FU" light). But I ended up using it many, many times when driving long distances and, especially, for pulling over in the dark to walk my dogs at a dark roadside pulloff or to light up a camp site. I can't imagine not having one on the Bronco too.
Too much?

Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions daylight at night .JPEG

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a 42” light bar on my JK and was surprised on how loud the wind noise was. It literally screamed at anything over 25mph. It was mounted to a windshield light bar which put the light bar right over the gap between the windshield header and leading edge of the soft top. It was unbearable at highway speeds.
Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions 20171201_124445~2

I tried door edging but it didn't really help. Then one day while in Home Depot I had an epiphany. What if I could deflect the air away from the fins? I found that carpet transition strips were the right shape and width and could be easily trimmed to the length I needed.
Ford Bronco Fans of light bars. Questions pewter-fluted-trafficmaster-carpet-transition-strips-18530-64_600

I bought a 72" long strip and cut it down with a hacksaw. Then I used 3M emblem tape to literally stick it to the underside of the lightbar. You could not see it at all and it will never rust as its aluminum.

It worked beautifully. There was ZERO whistle. All it cost me was about $12 in materials and an hour or so.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Light bars scream mall crawler sponsored by amazon.
most of the jeeps and trucks, with stretches tires on oversized wheels, around me have them.

Then again my friends rally team runs light bars on all their cars so.

4jtvop.jpg

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate hate hate any form of light bar. People are abusing them. Using them on the road. Blinding oncoming traffic. I even see little ricer cars with them mounted on the hood.
THIS!!! Please for the love of god do not use them if there are any cars near you oncoming. They are off road use only! The amount of times some POS runs with light bar on full blast in the suburbs/cities is astounding. Blinding everyone in their way is super super dangerous for everyone.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont own a Rigid adapt light bar yet, but from what I've looked into, they can be set to vary the light pattern based on the speed of the vehicle, wide angle at low speeds, narrow beam at high speeds, automatically. Pricey, but I'm not aware of another light bar that can do that. Also, I'd never put a light bar on top of windshield.
Sponsored