Finally

Advertisement

Carreratime

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold 1984 Bronco. Going to buy the new Bronco 4-door. Currently have 1968 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super, 2018 Jaguar XFS Wagon, 2014 Lexus CT200h, 2001 HD Heritage Classic
Vehicle Showcase
How do you know it's a 2021 part? LOL!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (ordered)
Clubs

AnyJeep owners able to tell us how these “fastback” or slant back tops work? Does it fold up? Can I possibly store it on board with the doors? Does it lay all the way back maybe?
There are different Bestop versions. One folds all the way back and also has a sunrider position like a regular soft top. On the other one the windows slide out like normal but the top stays in safari mode and only folds back in sunrider position. The Bestop site is definitely worth a look if you want a glance at the Bronco's future.

buzpro

Black Diamond
First Name
Binky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Clubs

There are different Bestop versions. One folds all the way back and also has a sunrider position like a regular soft top. On the other one the windows slide out like normal but the top stays in safari mode and only folds back in sunrider position. The Bestop site is definitely worth a look if you want a glance at the Bronco's future.
I just checked it out on You Tube .... it seems like a superior product .... I'm pretty sure that's the route i will go now .... especially since the back windshield on the hardtop is not removable by itself

Flysamurai

First Name
Terrail
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Just when I thought I couldn't want this thing any more than I already do, they go & do this.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
So.. Candid feedback. This is the first time I’ve ever posted a thread. Commented on many, but first I’ve ever initiated. I copy/pasted this picture from somewhere on Twitter along with supporting comments that were edited. No credit taken for the photo. But what I’ve learned is your title and initial post gets revised as needed, by I assume the admins; which is great as it keeps consistency, accuracy, eliminates redundancy, and enstiles a streamlined culture of what 6G is. Our (this) community is the people that love Bronco for what it is. Heritage, Nostalgia, History, Functionality/Capability, Appeal, etc. I’ve seen so much negativity and challenging , and some from what we don’t even know or understand yet. We’re arguing about so many topics based on assumptions and Mike Levine statements. This it the first thread I’ve followed all the replies (w/ email notifications), and man what a downward spiral. It’s like a constant pissing contest of someone’s alleged knowledge. People. You either want a Bronco or you don’t. Suck up your shitty interior, some form of blue or gray exterior, and rock this mother down the trails, rocks, highway, city road traffic, grocery, mall, or whatever you want to do. This thing is gnarly. If you don’t want it, step aside as another reservation holder will gladly step up in line. I’ve bitched and moaned about it surely, and this rollout from Ford has been a mess, but overall let’s think about this. Let’s be real. This is not like any other suv/off roader on the market. This thing is going to make heads turn and be a show stopper. It looks great and has more than enough capability than any of us really need. Sorry for the long rant, but maybe I’m tired. I’m just as ready and eager as y’all for my Bronco. COVID is a great excuse for Fords poor execution strategy with this vehicle but let’s face it. We either want one and can afford one or we can’t. I personally can’t wait to pay too much for my WT and flaunt this thing down the highway the day I get it. My kids are pumped and can’t wait. Another reason why I’m excited. The excitement in my kids face is priceless when we look and talk about our bronco together.

(And yes, my previous comments about the Bronco color and materials video still apply ?..)
Kids and puppy dogs, Kids and Big Broncos, like the lost boys faces in the HOOK movie, That Was A "GREAT" Adventure! standing here with hands on hips LOL

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Clubs

like this

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.30.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.36.18 AM.png
Thank you! This is what I’ve wanted all along. This has been my only pet peeve of the Bronco. The straight down no angle back. This is what a Bronco is suppose to look like!

They're beginning to get the shape right. Getting closer to...
1976-international-scout-traveler-10-jpg.jpg
I like that too but I’m more thinking. This:

C4E0F835-DCD0-4BF5-BFBA-414C8D7E1322.jpeg

This site had it right from the get go.
D597F5C5-DA75-4676-9B51-503991D307AF.jpeg

If an aftermarket can create a hard top with some fastback angle to it I’ll give them all my money.

All Broncos had fast backs to a degree. We wanted to beat Jeep not be Jeep! ?

Sorry I’m unreasonably passionate about this. ?

NVCowboy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2019 Explorer (Bronco Starter Kit),
I kinda like it (from one brief pic) but very glad they’re experimenting!

Now if they made something like the Off Road Heroes Cargo top for Jeeps (see below), I could be into that!

2462F057-8B50-4A67-A1BF-1F5CB4C3D1C3.jpeg

18861321-B6D3-4980-A086-E33B1054A4D3.jpeg
Aftermarket designers are smart people, but the frameless windows have finally revealed a weak point.

buzpro

Black Diamond
First Name
Binky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Clubs

it doesn't even matter if Ford is experimenting with it or not ... It appears that Bestop is committed and that's enough for me

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Clubs

First time seeing an angled fastback soft top on the Bronco.

2021 Bronco fastback soft top.jpg
This is the way!
tenor.gif

The standard soft top was hideous. I hope this will be available for the 2-Door on or soon after launch.

Advertisement

Advertisement