ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remotely understand the appeal in these "fastback" tops.
The same people that thought this was a good idea....

3b715123fee44f27a8a98fd6f57ed28d.jpg

At this point, I think I'm about ready to join the cancel reservation club. Ford keeps showing us all sorts of eye-candy and build-a-Bronco crap while making pricing a moving target and has yet to make any real commitments to those who locked in their reservations.

This is the typical corporate mentality of trying to please everyone while not being able to satisfy anyone. I will never quite understand what the challenge for Ford has been to get a base or standardized Bronco out the door, then as the product evolved (mid-year or following model years) add different packages, configurations and trims, like the original Bronco - roadster, wagon, hard or soft top.
Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been waiting to see the 2 door with a soft top. I love mine on my Jeep, fastback style Trektop Glide, but god damn this is ugly as all hell. The body lines are so high the windows are so small and that massive roof flap overhang. Unless we're seeing prototypes, on first impression I'll be keeping the hard top.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those in winter regions that keep soft tops year round, how do those rear type windows do with frost/de-frost and steaming up since you can't really scrape them?

Are spray de-icers used or will they stain or deteriorate the materials? I guess you can use rear washer fluid on the back if you have the wiper hookup but is a de-icer version okay?

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know I really found the hatchback soft-top on the last 4-Door we saw to be quite sexy, but I'm really not digging it on "this" 2-Door for some reason. It may be that the hatchback top does not look good on models that do not have the Sasquatch Package. Then again, I think any Bronco that doesn't have at least 33s looks kind of goofy and disproportionate, but that's just me. I would really like to see this on a Squatched 2-Door so I could make a more educated opinion.
Just gotta recage what your brain/values are telling you to appreciate what looks good, and not let social media/marketing tell you what looks good.

If you live a utilitarian lifestyle, the base model wheels look great and squatch looks excessive. Vice versa, if you live a rugged, off-road lifestyle, squatch looks good and the base is lacking. To each their own!

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So newbie to this type of soft top, do you lose the ability to use the rear window to access the back and just use the swing gate? What about water/rain dripping into the back cargo area with windows removed?

Thanks.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just gotta recage what your brain/values are telling you to appreciate what looks good, and not let social media/marketing tell you what looks good.

If you live a utilitarian lifestyle, the base model wheels look great and squatch looks excessive. Vice versa, if you live a rugged, off-road lifestyle, squatch looks good and the base is lacking. To each their own!
The exact reasons you gave is precisely why I want Squatch and think it looks the best. I spend the vast majority of my free time in the woods hunting or at my secret fishing "honey holes". If it's gobbler season I'm hunting toms, if it's whitetail or squirrel season, that's what I'm doing. I fish all year round. But I will admit, I also just like lookin' good on the highway too lol.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those in winter regions that keep soft tops year round, how do those rear type windows do with frost/de-frost and steaming up since you can't really scrape them?

Are spray de-icers used or will they stain or deteriorate the materials? I guess you can use rear washer fluid on the back if you have the wiper hookup but is a de-icer version okay?
You get used to using your mirrors. I brush the snow off but that crusty snow or ice just has to melt or slide off on its own as to not damage the plastic window. I've never tried spraying anything on it other than water when I rinse the salt off. But i doubt it would stain it, I'm sure I've had tons of overspray hit my roof from the windshield washer fluid over the years and there's no discoloration.

You'll eventually not even care, brush it off get in and go as it slowly melts on its own. I guess it helps my work vehicles don't have rear windows so I'm used to relying heavily on my side mirrors, so even in my Jeep I rarely use the rear view.

I'm just hoping Ford puts in a really good heater like the Jeeps, that thing will literally burn your hand leaving it on the vent.

Source: 9 years driving a soft top Wrangler in Central NY winters.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're sure in that Ford has stated that the 2-door soft top is not factory, but rather aftermarket/accessory from Bestop.

From what they've said so far, you can not order your 2-door with the bestop soft top. You can only order it from the factory with the hard top and purchase the bestop on top of that.

But who knows... maybe they're working something out with bestop to make it a stand alone factory option... but we don't have any information that suggests that.
I received the following from Bestop some time ago.

Dennis Shing (Bestopinc)
Oct 26, 2020, 10:05 AM MDT
Hello

I can tell you that we are involved in production of factory tops for the new Bronco. At this time, Ford owns the exclusive rights to these products and much of it is still in the works.

I did see the video you referred to, very cool!
Thank you,
Customer Service Representative
1-800-845-3567
333 Centennial Pkwy | Suite B | Louisville, CO 80027
[email protected]
Bestop.com

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No BeStop logo on this one, hopefully partners so you don't end up with extra top in garage.
Love the rear window opens - better on 4 door, which is me, because the side windows are tight - the tilt-up feature wasn't doing a lot for me..
Sponsored