Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I received the following from Bestop some time ago.

Dennis Shing (Bestopinc)
Oct 26, 2020, 10:05 AM MDT
Hello

I can tell you that we are involved in production of factory tops for the new Bronco. At this time, Ford owns the exclusive rights to these products and much of it is still in the works.

I did see the video you referred to, very cool!
Thank you,
Customer Service Representative
1-800-845-3567
333 Centennial Pkwy | Suite B | Louisville, CO 80027
[email protected]
Bestop.com
Now I am happy, thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
So newbie to this type of soft top, do you lose the ability to use the rear window to access the back and just use the swing gate? What about water/rain dripping into the back cargo area with windows removed?

Thanks.
If it's anything like the standard 4 door top it will have that flip up "easy load feature" around the 90 second mark.

Now if its anything like my Jeep without touching the soft top all you can do it open the gate and the soft top rear window will remain in position as the gate seals against the bottom of the rear window. But to grant full access to the rear cargo area I have to open the tailgate, unzip both sides of the rear window, leave the top of the rear window connected and just flip it up onto the roof. But I can't do this when it's cold, so it's a 3 season option.

I see I avoided your actual question, as this is a new product we don't know all the details, but again with my Jeep I can't remove or open the rear window without opening the tailgate first. I can unzip the sides and shove my arm in there but that's about it.

I got used to reaching in and grabbing whatever I see with just opening the tailgate and leaving the window in place, as it's sometimes a hassle.

Windows out and caught in the rain with just the roof portion on? you're gonna get wet. Not as wet as the entire roof being off but you're gonna be unhappy, water will get into the cargo area along the edges. Owning a soft top vehicle you better get comfortable with water getting inside because you will get caught in a freak rain storm sooner than later.

A lot of people who are used to normal fixed roof SUVs will probably not like the soft top with the added cumbersome quirks. It's definitely not for everyone.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it... Dual tops for me if this is a real option on the 2-Door!!!

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the color that I am getting and it is awesome.... Hands Up.

Canoe Front.png

Bronco No Doors Roof.png
In my opinion it makes the Bronco or any car look cheaper and not very well made. It's only my opinion and of course that is the one that should matter most to you ?

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m just happy to see another Big Bend. That is where the value proposition is for me, as the most off-roading I plan to do is on the sands of the Outer Banks.
But the tires on the BB are so all-season, so pedestrian, so small. Are these 32-inchers? I’d love to upgrade to the optional 33” wheels & tires from the Badlands. Would these fit a BB?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If it's anything like the standard 4 door top it will have that flip up "easy load feature" around the 90 second mark.

Now if its anything like my Jeep without touching the soft top all you can do it open the gate and the soft top rear window will remain in position as the gate seals against the bottom of the rear window. But to grant full access to the rear cargo area I have to open the tailgate, unzip both sides of the rear window, leave the top of the rear window connected and just flip it up onto the roof. But I can't do this when it's cold, so it's a 3 season option.

I see I avoided your actual question, as this is a new product we don't know all the details, but again with my Jeep I can't remove or open the rear window without opening the tailgate first. I can unzip the sides and shove my arm in there but that's about it.

I got used to reaching in and grabbing whatever I see with just opening the tailgate and leaving the window in place, as it's sometimes a hassle.

Windows out and caught in the rain with just the roof portion on? you're gonna get wet. Not as wet as the entire roof being off but you're gonna be unhappy, water will get into the cargo area along the edges. Owning a soft top vehicle you better get comfortable with water getting inside because you will get caught in a freak rain storm sooner than later.

A lot of people who are used to normal fixed roof SUVs will probably not like the soft top with the added cumbersome quirks. It's definitely not for everyone.
Thanks, I watched the bestop install video plus had seen the video of the 4 door. I doubt the fastback top would give that push up ability of the 4 door and I'm good with just using the swing gate if I have to pitch something in the back.

The question about the rain, got it, convertible, had plenty in the past and topless is fine in a normal rain, just keep above a certain speed and it flies right over. Was more concerned about it being parked and the water just rolling off the back with it being a shorter top as summers here are perfect to keep windows off and AC cranked but we get rain!

Last edited:

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

make it in white canvas and I'm in. While we're at it, make a regular soft top in white canvas and I am more in.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is the color that I am getting and it is awesome.... Hands Up.

Canoe Front.png

Bronco No Doors Roof.png
I love it! I’d definitely go for the base if you could get nav, the fancy headlights, and the darkened rear side glass. As it is, the Big Bend will do. But those wheels! ❤

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, I watched the bestop install video plus had seen the video of the 4 door. I doubt the fastback top would give that push up ability of the 4 door and I'm good with just using the swing gate if I have to pitch something in the back.

The question about the rain, got it, convertible, had plenty in the past and topless is fine in a normal rain, just keep above a certain speed and it flies right over. Was more concerned about it being parked and the water just rolling off the back with it being a shorter top as summers here are perfect to keep windows off but AC cranked but we get rain!
OH I gotcha, I'm not all here today, or ever. :D Yeah, water will most likely roll into the back, the sides most should miss and hit the fender/quarter panel. Hopefully we'll see a demonstration video soon to answer some of these questions without speculation.

I'm more used to having no top and doors ond the temp dropping as the sun sets while being a hour from home. Crank the heat and hope for the best.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh man I need this in my life! Looks great! Thanks for sharing ... how much $?
I believe the soft top is $350. I really want that as my only top when I take delivery. You can get a jeep with a soft top. Should knock a bit off the price, but it's not an option on a 2 door base. What could be more base than the softie?

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs