Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is the top we were talking about via private message that's perfect for off roading in the PNW where you're going to have a lot of trees and obstacles well above the ground which will punish a hard top roof.

After that talk I went to the you tubes of the video-net and watched some videos of Jeep folks off-roading on Washington trails with hard tops. More than a few windows popped clear out and significant damage.

With the savings from getting X-plan pricing on Bronco, this is one of the first aftermarket items i'll be getting (along with proper rock rails/steps).
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I also asked Stig about these pics. Says those are staged in the Engineering only area. So I'm guessing still being thought though!!
As an engineer, dont let them decide ?

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a fastback Best top for the wife's jeep that we put on in the summer months. It does look really cool, but I'm not a fan of the function. Getting in the tailgate can be a real pain. But flipping open the roof on the fly is pretty awesome. I'm gonna go the Sunrider route when that becomes available, and probably a bikini top too.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Nada. Please let Chevy be responsible for bringing back their own version of the S10 Blazer.

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all - this forum sure has been fun...drama and all. I cancelled my reservation for a Bronco today. It was an October reservation so it really won't help anyone out.

After all this time waiting for the Bronco to arrive...I realized the big Bronco isnt a good fit for me. The Bronco Sport was the one I wanted....I just didnt know until it came out and was able to see it in person. Oh well...it has been fun. Hope to be in a Bronco Sport late 2021. ?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all - this forum sure has been fun...drama and all. I cancelled my reservation for a Bronco today. It was an October reservation so it really won't help anyone out.

After all this time waiting for the Bronco to arrive...I realized the big Bronco isnt a good fit for me. The Bronco Sport was the one I wanted....I just didnt know until it came out and was able to see it in person. Oh well...it has been fun. Hope to be in a Bronco Sport late 2021. ?
Take care now, ba bye then

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I like the idea of having a soft top for my 2 door, this one doesn’t fold completely back like a convertible I don’t think (you could see that the SEMA top didn’t have the right arms to fold back). So, I’ll wait until aftermarket for a 2 door soft top that folds down like a convertible. Also, with limited storage area in the 2 door, I don’t want to lose so much cargo space by angling the soft top like this one.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

So, the fastback soft-top was the last straw? j/k :LOL:

Enjoy your Sport!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the fast back look and really want one (in the 4 door), but I’m hesitant.

I plan on utilizing dual tops. My preference is for the hard top, but I watched a guy this summer get stuck out in a torrential downpour at a softball game with no top on his Jeep. No rain in the forecast and no clouds 10 minutes before or after(the other baseball field 100 yards away stayed bone dry). It happens here in Nebraska. So going anywhere without a top I can put up is a no go. All the bestops I’ve seen require a rail system you have to install. I like the standard Ford top that they showed in the how to video has no rail system and unbolt from the two sides for quick removal. Ideal for dual tops.

Also cost. It’s $700 to add dual top option to the hard tops. All the bestop options for Jeeps cost 2.5 times that. Hard to justify the extra expense.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this top will look much better with the sides and back off of it which is how I would mostly roll except in bad weather. I'll treat it like a bikini top with rain protection when you need it.
Sponsored