Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say it, I think the squared off MIC top looks better on the 2 door. Something about the shape and size of the rear soft top windows seems to throw the proportions off.

why are there no graphics on the first edition ? Would help those of us with difficult decisions to make by March 19.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hate to say it, I think the squared off MIC top looks better on the 2 door. Something about the shape and size of the rear soft top windows seems to throw the proportions off.

why are there no graphics on the first edition ? Would help those of us with difficult decisions to make by March 19.
So these are planted to make us start liking the "MIC in Gray"... It is a 3-D chess move!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Vehicle Showcase
So these are planted to make us start liking the "MIC in Gray"... It is a 3-D chess move!
Indeed. I do applaud FORD for throwing so many options at us. The fastback on a 2 door just isn’t my cup of tea, which is odd because I think it looks good on the 4 door.

we just need to get FORD to add some more exterior color palettes to the exterior and some interior appointments and we’ll have this thing damn near perfect.

dck82

Badlands
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Clubs

Thanks again Ashley and Stig but that’s gonna be a no from me. Options are good, happy for those that dig it.

BruckinFonco

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT

Agree completely. Squared off hardtop looks best on 2-door and fastback top looks best on 4-door. I think this is because as a 2-door, the truck-like silhouette is almost perfect, if a bit cartoony. The 4-door silhouette is simply an elongated 2-door, so it’s slightly out of proportion. The fastback on the 4-door helps reduce the abundance of mass at the rear, whereas on the 2-door it carves into what otherwise makes the silhouette so appealing and pure.

Prior to the 6th gen Bronco’s release, I had noticed this on the Wrangler and have concluded the same thing, for the same reasons.

I know it’s a common sentiment on this forum that Ford is mismanaging everything and causing confusion and not communicating clearly. All of that may be true, but to me the most important factor is the design itself, and this fastback top (on the four door, in particular) is very exciting. It’s a clear sign that they’re really trying to give us everything that’s great about the Wrangler and an improved version of everything that isn’t.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
It's a WT so it must be VB?
LIGHTNING< LIGHTNING, absolutely Lightning
I do not know much about them other than they are showing up more!! I would like to think fully convertible!!
The # that I have seen AMB, A51, and Lightning have all been top up, and "locked" up shining a flashlight looking at hardware mechanisms and velcro, I will compare it to the Bestop Ultra offered for Jeep will keep peeking tho!

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
Fastbacks almost always look good on classic 4WDs, this Bronco included.
For me, the fastback improves the look of the 4dr, but just complements the looks of the 2dr.

What I am interested in is if the side and back windows zip out of that top. Seems like it's built to just be a top by itself with added side and rear windows as an afterthought.
The sides are very definitely removable and held firmly with velcro and slide/track at the bottom the rear appears to possibly rollup, not 100% sure right now, to do list, Comparing it to Bestop Ultra

Advertisement

Advertisement