JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really liking that Lightning Blue with the top. Dayumnnnn I keep changing my mind .
Sponsored

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hate to say it, I think the squared off MIC top looks better on the 2 door. Something about the shape and size of the rear soft top windows seems to throw the proportions off.

why are there no graphics on the first edition ? Would help those of us with difficult decisions to make by March 19.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to say it, I think the squared off MIC top looks better on the 2 door. Something about the shape and size of the rear soft top windows seems to throw the proportions off.

why are there no graphics on the first edition ? Would help those of us with difficult decisions to make by March 19.
So these are planted to make us start liking the "MIC in Gray"... It is a 3-D chess move!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So these are planted to make us start liking the "MIC in Gray"... It is a 3-D chess move!
Indeed. I do applaud FORD for throwing so many options at us. The fastback on a 2 door just isn’t my cup of tea, which is odd because I think it looks good on the 4 door.

we just need to get FORD to add some more exterior color palettes to the exterior and some interior appointments and we’ll have this thing damn near perfect.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks again Ashley and Stig but that’s gonna be a no from me. Options are good, happy for those that dig it.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still hoping Ford makes an official soft top for the 2DR. This doesn’t work for me. ?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me the fastback on a 2 door messes with the overall proportion. Makes the front long and the back short, but not in a cool XKE way.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base

Agree completely. Squared off hardtop looks best on 2-door and fastback top looks best on 4-door. I think this is because as a 2-door, the truck-like silhouette is almost perfect, if a bit cartoony. The 4-door silhouette is simply an elongated 2-door, so it’s slightly out of proportion. The fastback on the 4-door helps reduce the abundance of mass at the rear, whereas on the 2-door it carves into what otherwise makes the silhouette so appealing and pure.

Prior to the 6th gen Bronco’s release, I had noticed this on the Wrangler and have concluded the same thing, for the same reasons.

I know it’s a common sentiment on this forum that Ford is mismanaging everything and causing confusion and not communicating clearly. All of that may be true, but to me the most important factor is the design itself, and this fastback top (on the four door, in particular) is very exciting. It’s a clear sign that they’re really trying to give us everything that’s great about the Wrangler and an improved version of everything that isn’t.