Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning! Do you think soft top will make a lot of noises while we are on highway - over 65 or 70 mph?
Probably not. My Jeep Trektop sounds EXACTLY the same as my hard top (no headliner) in all situations except going under bridges and through tunnels.

When in an enclosed area, sound bounces around and hits the top directly and then it is definitely louder, but any difference in everyday driving is not noticeable to me or my family/friends.
Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good morning! Do you think soft top will make a lot of noises while we are on highway - over 65 or 70 mph?
Probably not. My Jeep Trektop sounds EXACTLY the same as my hard top (no headliner) in all situations except going under bridges and through tunnels.

When in an enclosed area, sound bounces around and hits the top directly and then it is definitely louder, but any difference in everyday driving is not noticeable to me or my family/friends.
The hard vs soft tops might not be a huge difference to each other but the soft top will be louder than “normal” passenger vehicles with solid roofs. I’m sure you could Google cabin noise of a Wrangler (or any other convertible) vs noise say in a Cherokee, Ranger or F150.

I’ve gotten used to it over the years and turn up my radio a bit and the noise problem is solved.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hard vs soft tops might not be a huge difference to each other but the soft top will be louder than “normal” passenger vehicles with solid roofs. I’m sure you could Google cabin noise of a Wrangler (or any other convertible) vs noise say in a Cherokee, Ranger or F150.

I’ve gotten used to it over the years and turn up my radio a bit and the noise problem is solved.
That’s a good point. Both the hard top and soft top will be louder than a fixed roof vehicle.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good video.
  • Seeing the Bronco in normal traffic next to other vehicles shows perspective and shows just how prominent this Bronco is. We need more.
  • I would love for the fastback soft top to be an alternative choice to the default soft top for the 4-door.
  • Would love to see fastback hard tops as well.
Just like with Wranglers, there will be an aftermarket option from Besttop.
I personally don't like the fastback tops. I prefer a traditional square back. Fastback looks like it's trying too hard, comes off as a bit douche-y to me. Plus you sacrifice space. I do like that there will be options for customizing. There will be a LOT of Broncos on the road in a couple years, the ability to make it your own is always great.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't ever mistake me for a jeep basher like many a fan boy here. If not for jeep there would never be a bronco again. Ford would be in in a dog fight with Honda over the mini van market. That being said. I caught a fast back jeep looking saggy and puffy. The bronco tops are looking better at speed.

Screenshot_20210107-134903_Gallery.jpg

20210107_134158.jpg

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this saved me a few dollars! I was going to order both tops now I think I will get this instead...
Sponsored