chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea they were talking about his when the jeep 4xe first started making news. Would be pointless unless they are quick charge or you will have people camping around them and hogging them or the most likely thing is that they will get vandalized or parts stolen from them.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know, I always wondered...how do Tesla's charge when they're out driving through the CO San Juan mountains or heading out of Moab area towards Flagstaff and going through the NE corner of AZ coming out of the 4 corners area. I can't even find cell service or an open fast food joint for hours, let alone Tesla chargers.

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all for solar, reducing emissions, electric vehicles etc.... but don’t put that ugly crap in those beautiful places! If your car doesn’t have the range, because of either a small gas tank or not enough battery, then you don’t drive the trail in that vehicle.... you don’t see any gas stations in the middle of the rubicon trail do you? And I’m a pretty liberal dude. Ok rant is over.
I will however offer a comparable solution. Combustion engine drivers carry an extra gas can when overlanding on longer trails. Why not have electric overlanders carry an aux battery pack, Jerry can style. I think that would be way cheaper for FCA, and way more environmentally conscious. Or does it just make too much sense?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m all for solar, reducing emissions, electric vehicles etc.... but don’t put that ugly crap in those beautiful places! If your car doesn’t have the range, because of either a small gas tank or not enough battery, then you don’t drive the trail in that vehicle.... you don’t see any gas stations in the middle of the rubicon trail do you? And I’m a pretty liberal dude. Ok rant is over.
I will however offer a comparable solution. Combustion engine drivers carry an extra gas can when overlanding on longer trails. Why not have electric overlanders carry an aux battery pack, Jerry can style. I think that would be way cheaper for FCA, and way more environmentally conscious. Or does it just make too much sense?
Makes way too much sense. I'm waiting for the infrastructure to catch up with the goals of all electric in 14 years. California couldn't even keep the lights on in homes as the governor announced 2035 end of ICEs in the state....

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea they were talking about his when the jeep 4xe first started making news. Would be pointless unless they are quick charge or you will have people camping around them and hogging them or the most likely thing is that they will get vandalized or parts stolen from them.
Yup. D-Bags have been trashing our national parks in Utah for years. And only gotten worse of late. Vandalism, graffiti on rock walls, etc. They’ll have hay day with these things. Won’t last a week before destroyed.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup. D-Bags have been trashing our national parks in Utah for years. And only gotten worse of late. Vandalism, graffiti on rock walls, etc. They’ll have hay day with these things. Won’t last a week before destroyed.
Sucks people do that crap to parks and stuff. Can only hope karma gets them or at least a bear.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided