Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inane ? Sorry dude, dont have the need to inflate measurements for my ego, so this is totally mind boggling to me.
Never once questioned your ego or security in it.

Reasons why this is inane:
1) Simple math would answer this question
2) Using a tape measure would answer this question - you did this and still they measure no where near 32” like you claim
3) A 5 second google search would answer this (https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=does+my+35+tire+measure+35)

There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated at Ford/Webasto/the bronco launch. Let’s save our rage for where it’s actually applicable.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Inane ? Sorry dude, dont have the need to inflate measurements for my ego, so this is totally mind boggling to me.
Don't let the idiots get you down.

OP
OP
Tunagates

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never once questioned your ego or security in it.

Reasons why this is inane:
1) Simple math would answer this question
2) Using a tape measure would answer this question - you did this and still they measure no where near 32” like you claim
3) A 5 second google search would answer this (https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=does+my+35+tire+measure+35)

There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated at Ford/Webasto/the bronco launch. Let’s save our rage for where it’s actually applicable.
Yup. Did that too brother, and as you can see it doesnt explain whether Ford lists the tire cover in fake inches (35) or real inches (32). Thankfully someone on here confirmed that the 32 inch cover does indeed work for the “35s”. Problem solved. The forum did its job.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hold on. I need some clarification. Is a "Pineapple" the measurement to the top of the fruit section or does it include the stem/leafy part?

Last edited:

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even the spare is way off - no weight on it. Again, new to this - but why not just call them what they are? Fking bizarre
I saw a first edition at my local dealer in person and thought the tires seemed smaller than I expected for 35s.

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty standard, nothing shocking here. 35s/315s will typically measure 33.5-34” under the weight of the vehicle...which is right in line with the pic you posted. Most “37s” measure 35.5-36.5” under a 4 door Jeep JL. BFGs are notorious for running small compared to other tire manufacturers. 37” KM3s are coming in at 35.5-36” when mounted. 35” KM3s are coming in at 33.75-34”mounted. Nitto/Toyo/Cooper/Mickey Thompson are pretty true to size (in mounted).

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The OP ain’t wrong: Tire Manufacturers aren’t selling based on accurate measurements; they are permitting themselves leeway with “acceptable variances”. A 35” Mickey Thompson MT measures 33.5”, and even they will acknowledge that.

Easiest way to measure actual tire height? Measure by circumference using travel. Mark both the tire and ground, and ground again when the tire completes 1 full revolution. Measure the distance between the 2 lines, and divide by 3.1416 (Pi) to get diameter.

….Tire manufacturers aren’t the only ones pulling a fast one. Ever do any Reno’s in an older home? Wonder why the new “2” x 4”s” you’re using look like toothpicks compared to the old framing? It is because these days manufacturers use wet unfinished dimensions to describe stock sizes, rather than dry finished dimensions. Our (so-called) 2” x 4” is 1.5” x 3.5”, which is 34.37% smaller… and weaker.

I am a stickler for accuracy. All these shenanigans piss me off too.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP ain’t wrong: Tire Manufacturers aren’t selling based on accurate measurements; they are permitting themselves leeway with “acceptable variances”.
I agree with you about nominal tire sizing. That’s been an issue for years. However, the OP is wrong about one pretty big issue…

… I then went outside to measure the tire diameter and it’s 32 inches!

C6C18BD8-970F-41D5-AE2A-8E92AC33B67C.jpeg
Anybody who thinks that tape measure is reading 32” is blind as a bat.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with you about nominal tire sizing. That’s been an issue for years. However, the OP is wrong about one pretty big issue…

I’ll give ya that. He failed to measure to the top of the tread; and tread height is included in manufacturer… er…. “Measurements”.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty standard, nothing shocking here. 35s/315s will typically measure 33.5-34” under the weight of the vehicle...which is right in line with the pic you posted. Most “37s” measure 35.5-36.5” under a 4 door Jeep JL. BFGs are notorious for running small compared to other tire manufacturers. 37” KM3s are coming in at 35.5-36” when mounted. 35” KM3s are coming in at 33.75-34”mounted. Nitto/Toyo/Cooper/Mickey Thompson are pretty true to size (in mounted).
These BFG AT T/A KO2's I just grabbed for my 79, have under 600 miles and measure out exactly what they are supposed too, 34.5. And to OP, this is how you measure a tire if you want it highly accurate.

Has to be to absolute crown to crown, 90 degrees to tire face, full inflation (and obviously no weight on it, which I realize one of your pics at least, was spare). Obviously not the same tire (or even brand), but that would suck if they are making them even smaller than just last year.

Ford Bronco FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch 20210801_171624

Ford Bronco FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch 20210801_171633
Ford Bronco FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch 20210801_171649
Ford Bronco FE - 4 door, LB - 35 inch tires measure 32 inch 20210801_171656

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only that, he’s not even measuring the full diameter of the tire.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Goodyear and BFG have always lied about tire sizes. My Jeep had 33x12.50 Super Swampers and they drawfed most 35's I parked next too. Everyone asked if I had 37's LOL

I'd imagine that some 35's that run more true will actually rub on Sas package, but any goodyear or BFG should be fine as they run really small.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only that, he’s not even measuring the full diameter of the tire.
Yeah, I know. I just grabbed the most obvious pic to refute the claim that it’s 32”, since there is clearly over an inch of gray tire material visible above the bright red 32” marking on the yellow tape.

It’s hard to take anything seriously when the title of the thread claims the FE’s tires are 32”, and the magnitude of the measurement error is about equal to the manufacturer’s undersizing. Ironic, no? Almost like a stacked tolerance. 😉