Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost every new thread like this sounds like it is from a self-proclaimed despot demanding all of the--in their mind--peons do their bidding.

Salt? Maybe we are expecting a modicum of human decency and consideration that isn't found anymore.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally I’m a dick but you guys are being a bit harsh to him. It’s a valid enough question, he just wants to know what other prices people are paying that might not be at Granger or somewhere else now that reservations can go through.
Okay. That’s fair.

Curious if someone at a dealer thats pricing under invoice, Granger etc wouldn't mind sharing the final dollar figure on the build? Or what the true invoice ended up being? Hopefully we aren't seeing any sneaky fees to offset the under invoice pricing but just curious prior to completing my order here in the next week or two on my FE. Thanks!
Op,

There are basically three* items that will add up to whatever your final bill will be:

1. Sale Price. If it’s Invoice or MSRP, those are known quantities. If there’s going to be a dealer markup (“ADM”) some dealers are disclosing that now, others are refusing to put anything in writing.

2. Destination Fee. Also a known quantity. It’s an extra grand and change tacked on and is the same at every dealer.

3. Documentation Fee. This is an extra amount a dealer will charge to process the sale. Some dealers have a modest amount, some charge a huge amount... some states cap this amount, others do not. This will vary by dealer so you should ask them what their fee is. The dealer lists here should have them listed.

When you add those three items together, that’s what the vehicle should cost walking out the door. This will be more-or-less your apples-to-apples comparison with other forum members to know how much of a “deal” you’re getting.

Then, you’ll have whatever taxes, title, and registration your local jurisdiction will impose. This may or may not get rolled into your sale price, so it will be buyer and situation specific to know whether you should add that to your “out the door” price... but either way you’ll need to budget for it.

Everything above is the only expenses you won’t be able to escape.

Now, some dealers will try to add on “mandatory” extra expenses or services... things like window VIN etching or underbody rust protection coating or something, or extended warranties, or paint and fabric protection..

What you need to know about these things is that they are 100% optional and not required *but* if they’re on the vehicle by the time you get around to talking about it, you’ll probably have to pay for it.

When you are speaking with your dealer and placing your order, be very explicit whether or not you want them to do things to the Bronco before you take delivery (undercoating and window etching are classic examples). They may insist that it’s “mandatory” at their dealership but that’s not true. They don’t have to do and charge you for those things. Have this discussion now... it goes much easier to tell them you won’t pay for it now before they do it instead of after it’s already done.

Things like warranties would be negotiated and accepted or refused when you are signing the final paperwork as your picking up your Bronco.

I think that’s probably all of it. I believe some people have already started to share what their orders are coming to, but there may be some of these extra cost items sneaking up on people when it comes time to actually hand money over...

Either way, you should be able to, without any input from forum members’ actual orders, anticipate exactly what your Bronco will cost at a dealership, assuming they’re being open and honest.

If for whatever reason, your dealer won’t divulge certain costs (like ADM, or “mandatory” extras), and youre unable to calculate what your Bronco will actually cost you... find a better dealer.

There really shouldn’t be any “hidden” costs if the above is used as the rule.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost every new thread like this sounds like it is from a self-proclaimed despot demanding all of the--in their mind--peons do their bidding.

Salt? Maybe we are expecting a modicum of human decency and consideration that isn't found anymore.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You know you guys can just ignore a thread and move along. You don't have to reply to everything lol. If nobody had a smart reply it would get buried in no time ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Without a minimum level of respect for other human beings as individuals with an equal right to pursue their own happiness, do we really have a society?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know you guys can just ignore a thread and move along. You don't have to reply to everything lol. If nobody had a smart reply it would get buried in no time ?
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Suart Mill

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Suart Mill
I had to read that 4 times, a couple almost out loud, to understand that...

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had to read that 4 times, a couple almost out loud, to understand that...
Well you beat me then. I read it once, didn't understand it, and moved on. ?‍♂

Edit: I'm still upset that @jonwithanelcamino thought I was salty with him.. I never intended that with my wise ass response. ?

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When people post smart assed replies instead of simply ignoring threads it's just kind of a way for them to try to get some sort of aknowledgment. It's kind of a "look at me" thing that's so popular nowadays. If you don't have an answer or don't want to give one then don't reply, it's not difficult.

JohnnyReb68

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968,70,82,2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curious if someone at a dealer thats pricing under invoice, Granger etc wouldn't mind sharing the final dollar figure on the build? Or what the true invoice ended up being? Hopefully we aren't seeing any sneaky fees to offset the under invoice pricing but just curious prior to completing my order here in the next week or two on my FE. Thanks!

Here you go, $56153.80