FE towed due to network/power issues

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

500 miles and the FE got its first ride to the dealership. I couldn’t get it to start, which morphed into no instrument cluster, when then became a start, but shut down issue when putting into gear issue. Last issue was it then turned on the parking brake (on its own) when the tow truck arrived. Not a power problem (battery and power to the distribution box was fine. Battery Cables were tight. I was able to get control of the parking brake by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery a couple of times. This isn’t really griping about quality or such. I have been beating on these Broncos for months in Moab with very few issues. Hopefully it’s something minor and quick to get it back!
Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn, and you even towed back from Granger... I bet its an loose ECU ground, especially since you have a good battery and the cluster went out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sounds like the loose fuse block screws issue.
Sounds like the loose fuse block screws issue.
I had heard of loose connections, but thought I had heard it was at the power distribution box near the battery. They were secure. Thanks for the pictures, had I more time (I have extra people around for the holiday), I would have chased it some more, but it’s sitting at the dealer right now.
Damn, and you even towed back from Granger... I bet its an loose ECU ground, especially since you have a good battery and the cluster went out.
The dealership figured it out and it’s fixed, but there is finger pointing going on and maybe us having to pay the diagnostic bill….. It will take another day for the all players to work it out. The good news it’s sitting in the service bay ready to drive away!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had heard of loose connections, but thought I had heard it was at the power distribution box near the battery. They were secure. Thanks for the pictures, had I more time (I have extra people around for the holiday), I would have chased it some more, but it’s sitting at the dealer right now.

The dealership figured it out and it’s fixed, but there is finger pointing going on and maybe us having to pay the diagnostic bill….. It will take another day for the all players to work it out. The good news it’s sitting in the service bay ready to drive away!
Wait a min, 500 miles and they’re trying to stiff you on the bill? Please elaborate????

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that clearly should NOT be something you as the consumer should have to pay a dime for.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP, did you do any mods to the Bronco? Is that why the dealer is pointing the finger?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wait a min, 500 miles and they’re trying to stiff you on the bill? Please elaborate????
that clearly should NOT be something you as the consumer should have to pay a dime for.
There are certainly times when a customer is at fault for requiring diagnostics or at least tech time + tow that are outside the warranty.

A dealership won't know this until they have the vehicle on hand, and a bumper to bumper warranty wouldn't cover it if, say, @The Bronze had the rig towed in, but the problem was that aftermarket axles had snapped.

This is not to say this is the issue here and there's no reason to take the above as what is going on. But there are many situations outside the minimal information shared above which would result in the customer paying for the diagnostic fee. We'll see what the end result was and how it was handled between the parties affected here after the holidays.

Congrats to @The Bronze for it being a quick issue and being back on the road during the hectic Thanksgiving time when fam is in town. Hope you're showing that beauty off to everyone!!!

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are certainly times when a customer is at fault for requiring diagnostics or at least tech time + tow that are outside the warranty.

A dealership won't know this until they have the vehicle on hand, and a bumper to bumper warranty wouldn't cover it if, say, @The Bronze had the rig towed in, but the problem was that aftermarket axles had snapped.

This is not to say this is the issue here and there's no reason to take the above as what is going on. But there are many situations outside the minimal information shared above which would result in the customer paying for the diagnostic fee. We'll see what the end result was and how it was handled between the parties affected here after the holidays.

Congrats to @The Bronze for it being a quick issue and being back on the road during the hectic Thanksgiving time when fam is in town. Hope you're showing that beauty off to everyone!!!
That’s why I asked for details before I jumped to conclusions.

OP
OP
The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP, did you do any mods to the Bronco? Is that why the dealer is pointing the finger?
No mods. I will just let this get worked out. A bit complicated, which requires a bit more time to work out. but it is fixed and ready to go, really that’s what I was trying to put out there.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Just come clean.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe they saw your post about towing your car, lol!
edit: my bad, I mistakenly thought that was your post
Sponsored