EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On a recent business trip to Las Vegas with my wife I was able to sneak out to find the Las Vegas Roadeo site. I can confirm that it is the old Boys Scout Camp on Mt. Potosi Canyon Rd. off of Highway 160. It is a forest service road that is well signed with road signs as well as a rock monument sign. The road is dirt/gravel but easily traveled until you run in to a ominous no tresspassing sign. I that point I said what the hell, who knows how good a shot they are and decided to going hiking over at the Red Rocks area. I stopped the car to put the boots on when a car pulled up and ask if I needed help. Turns out it was one of the developers of the roadeo and he invited me up to see the sasquashed Outer Banks! I didnā€™t see the main compound but they had no problem with me taking some pictures inside the compound to give 6G readers an idea of the area. Here are some take away points:

Hwy 160 is the #33 ramp off Interstate 15

Distance from the LV airport is approx 30 miles and travel time was about 45 minutes

Temperature was about 10Āŗ F lower than LV

I believe the last town before entering the wilderness is ā€œArdenā€. The visual definition of urban sprawl. Wouldnā€™t be surprise if you could find a Marriott Residence Inn or Fairfield Suites in the area.

A lot of mtn and road biking in the area as well hiking and site seeing. Beautiful area.

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Road Sign

Did Ford pay them for the signage?

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Tresp Sign

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Entrance
Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Scene 4

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Garage

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too OB Bronco

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Scene 2

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Scene 1

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too Scene 3

A shout out of thanks to the guys at LV Roadeo; I appreciate the time you spent with me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whooohooo Iā€™m so excited. Thank you for sharing. I took off Oct 31st thru Nov 5th. My plan is 4 days of driving. Then 2 days in the area. Off Roadeo and most likely day in Valley of Fire. Iā€™ve saved some Airbnbā€™s just South of that area. I was hoping to go to SEMA for a day, but missed my opportunity for a pass. No worries plenty to explore.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whooohooo Iā€™m so excited. Thank you for sharing. I took off Oct 31st thru Nov 5th. My plan is 4 days of driving. Then 2 days in the area. Off Roadeo and most likely day in Valley of Fire. Iā€™ve saved some Airbnbā€™s just South of that area. I was hoping to go to SEMA for a day, but missed my opportunity for a pass. No worries plenty to explore.
I would of gone SEMA week but I have other plans this year so no SEMA but LV Sept 11 for Rodeo šŸ¤˜

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would of gone SEMA week but I have other plans this year so no SEMA but LV Sept 11 for Rodeo šŸ¤˜
September that be a great time to go. Iā€™ll look forward to your post!! Tips and tricks of the trade!! šŸ¤ šŸ˜ŽšŸšŸ“

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a recent business trip to Las Vegas with my wife I was able to sneak out to find the Las Vegas Roadeo site. I can confirm that it is the old Boys Scout Camp on Mt. Potosi Canyon Rd. off of Highway 160. It is a forest service road that is well signed with road signs as well as a rock monument sign. The road is dirt/gravel but easily traveled until you run in to a ominous no tresspassing sign. I that point I said what the hell, who knows how good a shot they are and decided to going hiking over at the Red Rocks area. I stopped the car to put the boots on when a car pulled up and ask if I needed help. Turns out it was one of the developers of the roadeo and he invited me up to see the sasquashed Outer Banks! I didnā€™t see the main compound but they had no problem with me taking some pictures inside the compound to give 6G readers an idea of the area. Here are some take away points:

Distance from the LV airport is approx 30 miles and travel time was about 45 minutes

I believe the last town before entering the wilderness is ā€œArdenā€. The visual definition of urban sprawl. Wouldnā€™t be surprise if you could find a Marriott Residence Inn or Fairfield Suites in the area.

A lot of mtn and road biking in the area as well hiking and site seeing. Beautiful area.

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too 9D5D3BB2-5895-4D24-AF31-AE08C299B085

Ford Bronco Fear and Loathing at Las Vegas Bronco Off-Roadeo (a First Peek) ... Pics too 9D5D3BB2-5895-4D24-AF31-AE08C299B085

A shout out of thanks to the guys at LV Roadeo; I appreciate the time you spent with me.
Isnā€™t this land for sale?
was for sale?
Canā€™t quite remember.
but back when it was still a rumor I looked it up and it was for sale, and easily affordable for a lotto winner.
A good $making piece of property.
I remember thinking (daydreaming) that if I had it, I would open up several off-road trails and trials, camping sites, etc.

Bronco-Lirious

Badlands
First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning - 2003 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the recon photos and confirming the location is the old Scout camp.

I'm signed up for October 13th, the weather and temp should be about perfect for wheeling in the hills of Vegas.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

:cool:(y) it got to the humid part of our summer here seemingly a bit early ... hopefully by the time September comes around it has started to cool off by then this year.

It has been my observation over the years that our humid months started close to the tail end of July or the start of August and can run til some where in September or October.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know, are the Off Roadeos going to be around for a while or are they just launch window opportunities?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those familiar with the area, what's your opinion of this as a site for Roadeo?

Being in Sacramento, the two most convenient locations are Vegas and Moab. Travel to Vegas is simpler with a direct flight - and we have have family in the area - but looking at the videos on the Off Roadeo site I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it was because I looked at Moab first, but it just seemed a little boring.

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m so excited theyā€™re doing Vegas- we hit Red Rocks every spring and fall to go climbing so I was able to link this into our October climbing trip. (Weā€™re going October 16th) Iā€™m hoping to get a feel for the roads and the terrain thatā€™s outside of our go-to spots
@Natai thereā€™s nothing underwhelming about Red Rocks! Even if you wonā€™t be doing any climbing the hiking is beautiful (a bit better in the spring when the cactus are blooming but donā€™t wait) and the mountain biking is great too. That you can be in the wilderness during the day and have world class dining so close by for the night, you canā€™t beat it.

Moab is amazing also, and I love the vibe there but town gets so overwhelmed by tourists that the dining and lodging situation can feel borderline chaotic. Either way you canā€™t lose.
Sponsored