EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whooohooo I’m so excited. Thank you for sharing. I took off Oct 31st thru Nov 5th. My plan is 4 days of driving. Then 2 days in the area. Off Roadeo and most likely day in Valley of Fire. I’ve saved some Airbnb’s just South of that area. I was hoping to go to SEMA for a day, but missed my opportunity for a pass. No worries plenty to explore.
I was deciding to do Valley of Fire, but time and temp were not in my favor. I decided to explore the Red Rock Canyon area, which by the way is the same rock formation as Valley of the Fire, Aztec Sandstone. Lots to explore in the interstate 159/160 area. After the instructions at the Roadeo you might want to try your skills out at the Tule Springs Fossil Beds.

scene1.jpg

Scene2.jpg

Scene3.jpg

Scene4.jpg

Scene5.jpg

Scene6.jpg

Scene7.jpg

Scene8.jpg
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was deciding to do Valley of Fire, but time and temp were not in my favor. I decided to explore the Red Rock Canyon area, which by the way is the same rock formation as Valley of the Fire, Aztec Sandstone. Lots to explore in the interstate 159/160 area. After the instructions at the Roadeo you might want to try your skills out at the Tule Springs Fossil Beds.

scene1.jpg

Scene2.jpg

Scene3.jpg

Scene4.jpg

Scene5.jpg

Scene6.jpg

Scene7.jpg

Scene8.jpg
This is awesome. I’ll add it to the list. Get out my map dots. Thank you so much!!!

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the Mountain Springs area. Thankfully I live in Vegas, so I'll be spending quite some time here :)

OP
OP
EquusBronsis

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn’t this land for sale?
was for sale?
Can’t quite remember.
but back when it was still a rumor I looked it up and it was for sale, and easily affordable for a lotto winner.
A good $making piece of property.
I remember thinking (daydreaming) that if I had it, I would open up several off-road trails and trials, camping sites, etc.
I read it was for sale in 2019 for $90 M. Helluva a lot of Boy Scout popcorn! I asked, Ford is leasing the property.

Do we know, are the Off Roadeos going to be around for a while or are they just launch window opportunities?
As much as they are investing, I bet the next five years. Just a guess though.

For those familiar with the area, what's your opinion of this as a site for Roadeo?

Being in Sacramento, the two most convenient locations are Vegas and Moab. Travel to Vegas is simpler with a direct flight - and we have have family in the area - but looking at the videos on the Off Roadeo site I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it was because I looked at Moab first, but it just seemed a little boring.
I was told that each location was designed to give a "different experience". Ford would like you to try all of them!

Thanks! I'm not Rock Climbing with my vehicle, either, although i might try it with Ford's vehicle! And I appreciate the lodging advice, I'm not camping! Is Vegas a high elevation? That would cool it down!
Elevation of the Mountain Springs, a town just up the road is approx 5400 ft. There are pull out areas for snow chain install along 160.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, "fly over country" didn't get any sites and I'm in analysis paralysis trying to decide which location to travel a long distance to attend
Yeah, "fly over country" didn't get any sites and I'm in analysis paralysis trying to decide which location to travel a long distance to attend
I had thought about New Hampshire, but I would have to go through DC, Philly, and NYC to get there. And this old country boy "ain't got no" business being in those places. So, it may be Texas.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can say one thing. Ford went all out on these locations. I just wish one was a little closer to us green teethed, cousin marring rednecks down in the southeast. Oh wait, maybe I just found out why they didn't. But, it's still quite sad that the closest one to me is nearly 1000 miles away. Oh well, I've grown quite used too what people think about us down here. And, it doesn't matter on bit anymore. Oops, now I've gone and said several things. Sorry, I'll put my soapbox up now. :)
For as much as we've been hearing southeasterners complaining about needing to travel 1000 miles to go to an Off-Roadeo, people seem to forget the fact that people in the northwest are also having to travel 1000 miles or more to go to one.😞

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For as much as we've been hearing southeasterners complaining about needing to travel 1000 miles to go to an Off-Roadeo, people seem to forget the fact that people in the northwest are also having to travel 1000 miles or more to go to one.😞

Wow Tricia, I guess Ford doesn't like y'all either. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use to be that the being out of the way up here in the Northwest helped keep the riff-raff away. Not so much anymore. :cool:

Worked out for me to tie into a conference in LV that I have to attend so I'll be enjoying the balmy temps of Las Vegas in late August. After the heatwave we had here in the PNW, sort of acclimated to it now (in parts of Seattle and Portland, the temps (118) exceeded the highest official temp recorded for Las Vegas (117))

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow Tricia, I guess Ford doesn't like y'all either. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Oh, no, on the contrary...

Ford LOVES me. I'm in Arizona about halfway between TWO of the Off-Roadeos.😘😘

Ford ONLY loves the Southwest, where they did most of there Bronco testing and development. Why else would they put 3 out of 4 Off-Rodeos out here? That New England location was probably because somebody at Ford has cousins in Massachusetts.🤣🤣

I've lived in New England, the Southeast, and out West... So sometimes I get the feeling that Easterners don't have quite a good grasp on how far apart things really are out here.

I know growing up in the East I had no clue that there were places you could drive all day and still be in the same state! I drove 14 frikken hours straight one time recently and was still only in two states.😍😍

I have friends and relatives in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. They are crazy far away from Vegas and Moab.🙁

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, no, on the contrary...

Ford LOVES me. I'm in Arizona about halfway between TWO of the Off-Roadeos.😘😘

Ford ONLY loves the Southwest, where they did most of there Bronco testing and development. Why else would they put 3 out of 4 Off-Rodeos out here? That New England location was probably because somebody at Ford has cousins in Massachusetts.🤣🤣

I've lived in New England, the Southeast, and out West... So sometimes I get the feeling that Easterners don't have quite a good grasp on how far apart things really are out here.

I know growing up in the East I had no clue that there were places you could drive all day and still be in the same state! I drove 14 frikken hours straight one time recently and was still only in two states.😍😍

I have friends and relatives in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. They are crazy far away from Vegas and Moab.🙁
We've been all over the mid west, and I have to say that I love it out there. There's so many people moving into my little town (that's too dang close to Charlotte, NC) that I feel like the world is closing in on me. I've sworn that I'm going to find a town that doesn't have a Wal-Mart, and move there. But, the wife will have none of that nonsense. :)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, from here in the Charleston SC area, Austin TX would be a nice 2 day drive! But I want to see some new geography, I've lived in W Texas and seen lots of NM, so its NV or UT for me!.

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just got back from Off Roadeo today. It was kick ass!! Everything about was awesome!! Hope all the sites are this good. You won’t be disappointed!!