Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m so excited theyā€™re doing Vegas- we hit Red Rocks every spring and fall to go climbing so I was able to link this into our October climbing trip. (Weā€™re going October 16th) Iā€™m hoping to get a feel for the roads and the terrain thatā€™s outside of our go-to spots
@Natai thereā€™s nothing underwhelming about Red Rocks! Even if you wonā€™t be doing any climbing the hiking is beautiful (a bit better in the spring when the cactus are blooming but donā€™t wait) and the mountain biking is great too. That you can be in the wilderness during the day and have world class dining so close by for the night, you canā€™t beat it.

Moab is amazing also, and I love the vibe there but town gets so overwhelmed by tourists that the dining and lodging situation can feel borderline chaotic. Either way you canā€™t lose.
See you at the Roadeo, Iā€™ll be there on 10/16 too

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On a recent business trip to Las Vegas with my wife I was able to sneak out to find the Las Vegas Roadeo site. I can confirm that it is the old Boys Scout Camp on Mt. Potosi Canyon Rd. off of Highway 160. It is a forest service road that is well signed with road signs as well as a rock monument sign. The road is dirt/gravel but easily traveled until you run in to a ominous no tresspassing sign. I that point I said what the hell, who knows how good a shot they are and decided to going hiking over at the Red Rocks area. I stopped the car to put the boots on when a car pulled up and ask if I needed help. Turns out it was one of the developers of the roadeo and he invited me up to see the sasquashed Outer Banks! I didnā€™t see the main compound but they had no problem with me taking some pictures inside the compound to give 6G readers an idea of the area. Here are some take away points:

Hwy 160 is the #33 ramp off Interstate 15

Distance from the LV airport is approx 30 miles and travel time was about 45 minutes

Temperature was about 10Āŗ F lower than LV

I believe the last town before entering the wilderness is ā€œArdenā€. The visual definition of urban sprawl. Wouldnā€™t be surprise if you could find a Marriott Residence Inn or Fairfield Suites in the area.

A lot of mtn and road biking in the area as well hiking and site seeing. Beautiful area.

Road Sign.jpg

Did Ford pay them for the signage?

Tresp Sign.jpg

Entrance.jpg
Scene 4.jpg

Garage.jpg

OB Bronco.jpg

Scene 2.jpg

Scene 1.jpg

Scene 3.jpg

A shout out of thanks to the guys at LV Roadeo; I appreciate the time you spent with me.
For us Easterners, I'd like to know what are the relative positives and negatives of Moab VS Las Vegas. I've lived in West Texas and the East, so I'm not interested in NH & TX off Rodeo. What sort of terrain are each? I like the Idea of Baja, but I don't want to die of heat, either. What's the best time of year to visit each . . . Or what time of year to NOT visit? Is Winter an issue there? Which place has the most nearby places to visit (I'm not into the City of Las Vegas itself).

Would love any advice.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

September that be a great time to go. Iā€™ll look forward to your post!! Tips and tricks of the trade!! šŸ¤ šŸ˜ŽšŸšŸ“
Iā€™m all booked up for October 14th canā€™t wait to go.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

See you at the Roadeo, Iā€™ll be there on 10/16 too
Thanks for the local knowledge. Sounds like you'd recommend the experience at the Las Vegas location, overall, than the Moab? Good to know! I'm considering a road trip from SC and see some of the West! Any other thoughts?

Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For us Easterners, I'd like to know what are the relative positives and negatives of Moab VS Las Vegas. I've lived in West Texas and the East, so I'm not interested in NH & TX off Rodeo. What sort of terrain are each? I like the Idea of Baja, but I don't want to die of heat, either. What's the best time of year to visit each . . . Or what time of year to NOT visit? Is Winter an issue there? Which place has the most nearby places to visit (I'm not into the City of Las Vegas itself).

Would love any advice.
I spend a fair amount of time in both places so I can answer any questions you might have! The first, most obvious, thing to consider is access. Las Vegas is the clear winner here, thereā€™s no quick easy way to Moab and once youā€™re there your options are fairly limited if you donā€™t plan to camp or RV.
Moab terrain is SPICY but beautiful. Iā€™ve never done any off-roading there but watching the jeepers from my bike makes my palms sweat. If you plan on rock crawling this is your place. Iā€™m not really into repairing my vehicle all the time so Iā€™m going with Vegas. The off-roading Iā€™ve done there is more classic rocky gravely mountain roads with occasional severe washout. Iā€™m no expert in this area but I spend my time in the mountains so it seems like a better fit for me.
spring and fall are the times to go, I for sure would not be in a rush to go in august to either location, though there is the perk of less tourists šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
winter is not really an issue in either place, though Iā€™ve definitely run into snow up high in Moab in the early spring.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I spend a fair amount of time in both places so I can answer any questions you might have! The first, most obvious, thing to consider is access. Las Vegas is the clear winner here, thereā€™s no quick easy way to Moab and once youā€™re there your options are fairly limited if you donā€™t plan to camp or RV.
Moab terrain is SPICY but beautiful. Iā€™ve never done any off-roading there but watching the jeepers from my bike makes my palms sweat. If you plan on rock crawling this is your place. Iā€™m not really into repairing my vehicle all the time so Iā€™m going with Vegas. The off-roading Iā€™ve done there is more classic rocky gravely mountain roads with occasional severe washout. Iā€™m no expert in this area but I spend my time in the mountains so it seems like a better fit for me.
spring and fall are the times to go, I for sure would not be in a rush to go in august to either location, though there is the perk of less tourists šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
winter is not really an issue in either place, though Iā€™ve definitely run into snow up high in Moab in the early spring.
Thanks! I'm not Rock Climbing with my vehicle, either, although i might try it with Ford's vehicle! And I appreciate the lodging advice, I'm not camping! Is Vegas a high elevation? That would cool it down!

Tmkimler

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2021 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just booked for Sept 18th. Can't wait!

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Would love any advice.
If you want someplace that is fun to go to, with awesome scenery and spectacular views everywhere, go to Moab. Wheeling and exploring in Moab is special, and tons of fun. Of course, don't know where the Rodeo will be held there, I seriously doubt they will be running the named trails. However, Moab is difficult to get to unless you are close enough to drive there.

Las Vegas is easy to get to, but the scenery won't come close to comparing with Moab. Still, they have picked an area that will have fun routes to drive to show off the Bronco. So, for ease of travel, LV hands down. For spectacular scenery and being able to visit a really great place, Moab.

Sponsored

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those familiar with the area, what's your opinion of this as a site for Roadeo?

Being in Sacramento, the two most convenient locations are Vegas and Moab. Travel to Vegas is simpler with a direct flight - and we have have family in the area - but looking at the videos on the Off Roadeo site I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe it was because I looked at Moab first, but it just seemed a little boring.
l live in Las Vegas and have done 4-wheeling in that area and all around southern Nevada. Its not bad, but most easy. I can do it in my new Bronco anytime. Assuming I ever get a Bronco. I an a Day 3 reservation with all the sins. I want the Bronco that Ford said they could make me. I am going to Moab that is a world class 4-wheeling mecca. It will be worth the effort to get there.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the advice! I knew Iā€™d be in for some punishment signing up for Vegas during Labor Day weekend but I have my reasons. I still havenā€™t seen one in person and have been holding out for a mansquatch so Iā€™m hoping to learn from the event before September 13th, when 22 order bank supposedly opens up.

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you would have drove over to Team Ford thats were they have the Broncos for the Off-Roadeo I stoped by there yesterday and they had one BD 4 door and one Base with Sasquatch. 2 door in the showroom that they are showing off .

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can say one thing. Ford went all out on these locations. I just wish one was a little closer to us green teethed, cousin marring rednecks down in the southeast. Oh wait, maybe I just found out why they didn't. But, it's still quite sad that the closest one to me is nearly 1000 miles away. Oh well, I've grown quite used too what people think about us down here. And, it doesn't matter on bit anymore. Oops, now I've gone and said several things. Sorry, I'll put my soapbox up now. :)

Last edited:

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can say one thing. Ford went all out on these locations. I just wish one was a little closer to us green teethed, cousin marring rednecks down in the southeast. Oh wait, maybe I just found out why they didn't. But, it's still quite sad that the closest one to me is nearly 1000 miles away. Oh well, I've grown quite used too what people think about us down here. And, it doesn't matter on bit anymore. :(
Yeah, "fly over country" didn't get any sites and I'm in analysis paralysis trying to decide which location to travel a long distance to attend
Sponsored