Sponsored

Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes...

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
6 out of 8 best I have ever scored on any test in my life time.
I am surprised that Auto 4x4 isn’t on the list.
Sponsored

BriscoGun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
Hey! I only have 5 of the 8 Death Options!

So you're telling me there's a chance...

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t let this keep you from getting what you want. I had the following restraints and got my Bronco. Obviously, some are getting built.

WT
2 door
Tow
MIC
Lux
Leather
Modular bumper
Sasquatch
As an early reservation holder at a dealer with a positive allocation to reservation ratio, yes. As a person wandering in off the street and putting in an order at a dealer who oversold their allocation, not so much. New orders would be best served in the base model variety with no constraints in general.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am surprised that Auto 4x4 isn’t on the list.
Honestly, I think that it is. The customer service line isn't 100% reliable about what's happening at MAP.

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is one of the areas where I'm willing to give Ford some leeway. It it was so simple, I think they would have done it in order to ease the pressure on the MIC production. We really have no idea what challenges Ford would have to meet to offer this. Design, engineering, getting a contractor and a new manufacturing line in place, all kinds of analyses and tests they would have to do over. A roof is not a minor component. And we've seen that even the ones they spent years designing have issues. A rush job could be a real piece of crap.

A third party roof supplier doesn't have to meet the same standards as Ford does when they are selling you integral factory parts.
With all due respect sir, I call bullshit on this. I have a 2 door on order that is allegedly schedule to be built on 3/21. I don’t know if that will happen but when it does, it will be delivered with a piece of shit 3rd party manufacturer hard top. Which is why I already have a bestop soft top waiting for it. If bestop can sell these into the market, ford damn well can too. I’m not discounting the possibility they conducted ALL of their safety tests on the hard top and might have to go through the process again for the soft top? I don’t know if that is true but if it is, it’s nonsense. The bar for ford should be no higher than bestop. If it is, it’s the same bullshit that says my 6 yr old doesn’t have to anymore where a mask in school but must still comply with the feds while on the school bus. Again, non sense.

As I write this, I realize non sense must never be ruled out where a federal bureaucracy is involved. So maybe fords bar is higher.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about as a dealer installed option?
Well you can get the soft top as a DIO now. Of course, it's just a secondary roof.

From Ford's perspective though, the transaction is complete once they hand it over to the dealership, and the thing (apparently) has to have a roof that meets specs at that point. So that doesn't really help Ford evade the work it would take to qualify a soft top as a factory option.

As I write this, I realize non sense must never be ruled out where a federal bureaucracy is involved. So maybe fords bar is higher.
It's kinda like the weight limit issue on the 4dr 2.7L Badlands that prevents them from adding the roof rack. We don't really know if there are genuine engineering reasons, or if it's purely because they can't check a regulatory box. From Ford's perspective, they are equivalent, because no matter how unnecessary the reg is, they have to abide by it. My view on these regulations is very similar to yours.

Factory-installed soft top on the two-door is obviously something they've thought about -- it's too obvious for them to have not considered a year ago when the MIC top situation started to get out of hand. The fact that Ford hasn't chosen that path (and has in fact chosen to open up a whole second MIC roof production line) leads me to believe there is a lot more involved in making that option available than some people think.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well you can get the soft top as a DIO now. Of course, it's just a secondary roof.

From Ford's perspective though, the transaction is complete once they hand it over to the dealership, and the thing (apparently) has to have a roof that meets specs at that point. So that doesn't really help Ford evade the work it would take to qualify a soft top as a factory option.

It's kinda like the weight limit issue on the 4dr 2.7L Badlands that prevents them from adding the roof rack. We don't really know if there are genuine engineering reasons, or if it's purely because they can't check a regulatory box. From Ford's perspective, they are equivalent, because no matter how unnecessary the reg is, they have to abide by it. My view on these regulations is very similar to yours.

Factory-installed soft top on the two-door is obviously something they've thought about -- it's too obvious for them to have not considered a year ago when the MIC top situation started to get out of hand. The fact that Ford hasn't chosen that path (and has in fact chosen to open up a whole second MIC roof production line) leads me to believe there is a lot more involved in making that option available than some people think.
I’m not so sure that a convertible top is required to sell a vehicle in the US: https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2082...says-convertibles-cant-share-standards-fixed/

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats odd, im sure mine will have issues with delays in delivery, but mine went into production - Original production date is 2/28. I checked this AM and I am "in production" with 4 door MIC Badlands 7 speed.... hopefully they dont change their mind hah
Glad to see they might actually build a manual. Gives me a tiny glimmer of hope. Me and my vin have been getting bumped around on our build date for a while

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not so sure that a convertible top is required to sell a vehicle in the US: https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2082...says-convertibles-cant-share-standards-fixed/
Me neither. I guess that all Bronco roofs are assumed to offer zero protection in a crash. To the extent a safety analysis has to be done, it would have more to do with the weight distribution and whether the roof creates any dangerous edges or projectiles in various crash scenarios. In other words, the roof is assumed to only make things more dangerous.

But whether you can legally sell an SUV without any roof, I don't know. Maybe they'd need to apply a stricter waterproofing standard on the interior parts, for example.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me neither. I guess that all Bronco roofs are assumed to offer zero protection in a crash. To the extent a safety analysis has to be done, it would have more to do with the weight distribution and whether the roof creates any dangerous edges or projectiles in various crash scenarios. In other words, the roof is assumed to only make things more dangerous.

But whether you can legally sell an SUV without any roof, I don't know. Maybe they'd need to apply a stricter waterproofing standard on the interior parts, for example.
They seem pretty waterproof already!

I’m hoping my Black Diamond can handle a little rain now and then, which should be gentler than a car wash.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll probably get flamed for this but here go’s: I’m tired of reading about folks who have day 1 reservations and are complaining about waiting 600 or more days And still no bronco. Everyone knew when they made their reservation that there weren’t any Broncos even going to be built until ”mid-year 2021. So when your complaining about your wait, you need to subtract all the non-production days that you were fully aware of.

Based on an 8/11/21 reservation, an original order on 8/12, and a dealer MY 22 reorder on 10/10/21, my current wait for a Badlands, 2.7, MIC, SAS, Lux is going on 194 days. I do have a VIN and (current) build date of 4/11 which I’m sure will slide at least another month. I have at least another 90 days to go maybe more.

When I ordered it, I was fully expecting a late spring early summer delivery based on what I was reading here.

I also think many people are 99ed and don’t know it. Also, if you are passed the dealer allocation, I guess you’re SOL.

For everyone who’s dissatisfied, I would recommend getting to know your dealer’s computer/order ”guys”. They have a ton of information on your order a couple clicks away.

My experience is with a “high volume” dealer in Houston and has been good…..so far……

Waiting patiently.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hoping my Black Diamond can handle a little rain now and then, which should be gentler than a car wash.
Based on some of the leaking threads here I'm not sure having the doors off made much of a difference. :oops:

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll probably get flamed for this but here go’s: I’m tired of reading about folks who have day 1 reservations and are complaining about waiting 600 or more days And still no bronco. Everyone knew when they made their reservation that there weren’t any Broncos even going to be built until ”mid-year 2021. So when your complaining about your wait, you need to subtract all the non-production days that you were fully aware of.

Based on an 8/11/21 reservation, an original order on 8/12, and a dealer MY 22 reorder on 10/10/21, my current wait for a Badlands, 2.7, MIC, SAS, Lux is going on 194 days. I do have a VIN and (current) build date of 4/11 which I’m sure will slide at least another month. I have at least another 90 days to go maybe more.

When I ordered it, I was fully expecting a late spring early summer delivery based on what I was reading here.

I also think many people are 99ed and don’t know it. Also, if you are passed the dealer allocation, I guess you’re SOL.

For everyone who’s dissatisfied, I would recommend getting to know your dealer’s computer/order ”guys”. They have a ton of information on your order a couple clicks away.

My experience is with a “high volume” dealer in Houston and has been good…..so far……

Waiting patiently.
Nice Jeep!

Hunt

Base
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered in oct/2021, last i saw, im delayed now till june, cause of no microchip…
Its completely built. No chip.
Frustrated is an understatement.
This is how it seems to me, that is if Ford was running a pizza place....

They have the best tasting new pizza anyone has ever seen, they knew these pizzas would sell as fast as they could make them...however...

The Basics:
- They designed 6 kinds of dough [trim levels]; some doughs made the MSRP 2x, but it tastes so good everyone wants it...
- They used sauce [microchip] that only comes from China...the same sauce that every other pizza shop needs...right in the middle of a trade war...and somehow, seem surprised there is a shortage...
- They had 2 cheese options, a "soft" cheese and a "hard" cheese. The hard cheese tastes better and is in high demand, but sadly, the cows that make hard cheese are not very smart cows and the first batch had to be thrown away and replaced with new cheese...as a result, even those who hate the soft cheese are ordering this way - luckily, there seems to be an endless supply of soft cheese...
- They needed at least 2 pizza ovens, running 24 hours a day, and they only bought 1. This is actually a good thing, because its less employees to lay off or furlough while they wait on sauce...
- 1000's of pizzas have been pre-made, awaiting sauce. They are in the freezer and will be thawed at some point soon...hungry customers should not order from another restaurant and will starve indefinitely until these frozen pizzas are cooked and delivered...
- After realizing all of the complexities involved with running a successful pizza store, the owner decided to spice things up by offering 2 brand new pizzas [Raptor/Everglades] to help solve all of their problems...without finding new sources of sauce, cheese, or ovens...this can only go well we think...

The Toppings:
- Everyone wants pepperoni [Sasquatch/2.7]...seem to be in short supply of an item you should have multiple sources for, that is if you want to be in the pizza business...
- Other very popular toppings include: Mushrooms [2-door], Onions[bumper], Beef[2-door] , Sausage [tow], etc...

The Customers:
- Two ways to order: Catering Team [Reservation holder], or Call-in [Dealer order]
- Catering team, exceeding all known sales records, placed pre-orders for 100k+ pizzas, all varieties, to be delivered just in time for the customers party, preferably in the order they were placed...
- Call-in team, taking orders for over 6 months for customers who got hungry today...
- Pizza shop [MAP] is making pizzas as fast as they can, based upon what toppings they thought to have in the freezer. Given the Sauce, Cheese and Pepperoni issues, the pizza shop isnt running very well, losing money, upsetting their employees and customers are confused and upset, mostly because the Catering Team forgot to communicate their promises...

The Delivery [Dealers]:
- Some lucky customers live near the highest volume delivery units in the country, they will likely get their pizza very fast
- Some lucky customers are only charged standard delivery fees. Sadly others are learning on delivery day that their delivery has additional fees: Driver tip [ADM], Delivery Charges [doc fees, lojack, etc.]...
- Some lucky customers have delivery managers who let them know when their pizza is coming...
- Delivery is guaranteed...6 to 18 months or it is $1k more...

Bottom Line:
- If you want a $40k pizza with soft cheese only, or perhaps with anchovies or pineapple, you can get your pizza as soon as the sauce gets here. If you want one that has the delicious hard cheese with perhaps pepperoni and mushrooms you will have to wait [some more]

Hope my sarcasm is taken well. This is such a great vehicle and a real shame for everyone involved it has been so plagued with controllable and uncontrollable issues.
A wise person once said...if you have bad news, deliver it fast. There is no supply-chain shortage on straight answers...just tell us the facts...

BTW - I am a call-in order, small pizza [Base], with soft cheese and Onions [bumper]. I am happy to wait my turn and although I may not, I can at least admit that I love pepperoni, mushrooms, and hard cheese but I am just hungry now...
Great analogy and writing. I would love to show this to my dealer but am afraid I would go to the end of the line!

EddieN

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...

Well that sucks! I've got 7 out of 8 of those.
Sponsored