Sponsored

Feb-21-2022 Build Delays - called Ford customer service... few changes...

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
I have 8 out of 8 boy I feel special
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why the hell is a bumper a constraint? A BUMPER! Are they putting microchips in those things too? šŸ˜”

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ll probably get flamed for this but here goā€™s: Iā€™m tired of reading about folks who have day 1 reservations and are complaining about waiting 600 or more days And still no bronco. Everyone knew when they made their reservation that there werenā€™t any Broncos even going to be built until ā€mid-year 2021. So when your complaining about your wait, you need to subtract all the non-production days that you were fully aware of.

Based on an 8/11/21 reservation, an original order on 8/12, and a dealer MY 22 reorder on 10/10/21, my current wait for a Badlands, 2.7, MIC, SAS, Lux is going on 194 days. I do have a VIN and (current) build date of 4/11 which Iā€™m sure will slide at least another month. I have at least another 90 days to go maybe more.

When I ordered it, I was fully expecting a late spring early summer delivery based on what I was reading here.

I also think many people are 99ed and donā€™t know it. Also, if you are passed the dealer allocation, I guess youā€™re SOL.

For everyone whoā€™s dissatisfied, I would recommend getting to know your dealerā€™s computer/order ā€guysā€. They have a ton of information on your order a couple clicks away.

My experience is with a ā€œhigh volumeā€ dealer in Houston and has been goodā€¦..so farā€¦ā€¦

Waiting patiently.
Only, the line started on 13 July 2020 at 8pm ETā€¦..the day we reserved not the day we ordered.

And because weā€™ve been at this for a minute, Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™d know if our order was 99ā€™d or not, so thanks for that revelation.

And as far as getting to know our ā€œdealers computer/order guysā€ (never heard of that title at a dealership lol) we know 10x more than those ass hatsā€¦ā€¦and I know this because they tell us itā€™s true. The fact is we have to tell them the process.

I have a first 10 minute day 1 reservation and a #1 of 56 dealership allocation and Iā€™m a little salty about my rig sitting at ice mountain with an edd of 5/13ā€¦ā€¦so, yeah, I said it again and if youā€™re tired of it you should have stopped reading a long time ago.

And chances are Iā€™ll have to tell some clown who doesnā€™t know his ass from a hole in the ground several more times before I hit day 670 on 5/13.

Flamed enough for ya? Congratulations on your build date, now go worry about your own shit rather than about people that have been waiting 600 days.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is one of the areas where I'm willing to give Ford some leeway. It it was so simple, I think they would have done it in order to ease the pressure on the MIC production. We really have no idea what challenges Ford would have to meet to offer this. Design, engineering, getting a contractor and a new manufacturing line in place, all kinds of analyses and tests they would have to do over. A roof is not a minor component. And we've seen that even the ones they spent years designing have issues. A rush job could be a real piece of crap.

A third party roof supplier doesn't have to meet the same standards as Ford does when they are selling you integral factory parts.
I think offering the soft top when the MIC problems arose would've been too little, too late. Why didn't they offer it from the get go though?

IThinkFreely

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 & X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a couple of checks on the list....still haven't seen my 3/7 build week change. Is it possible manual trans holds the schedule better?

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just called the FORD customer service # that was on the Bronco FAQ online (800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.)). The person I talked to noted that they maintain a monthly production impact/delay list. I was hoping maybe I could just remove the Tow Package or something simple to increase my chances of delivery as others have reported.

Currently as of Feb-21-22 if you have one of the following you are more than likely in a holding pattern.
  1. Any Badlands or Wildrack Model
  2. Any 2 door model
  3. Tow Package
  4. MIC (no surprise there)
  5. Modular Front Bumper
  6. LUX Pkg
  7. Sasquatch Pkg
  8. 2.7l Engine
At this point I have a better chance of seeing another Ford "we suck" gift package arriving than a production update email telling me my Bronco is coming...
hey I`m in luck i only have 4 out of the 8 . 13 month wait so far..

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m crossing my fingers for an MY24 myself. As a July 2020 res it makes sense though if I get pushed into a 25 or 26. Totally fair due to [insert absurd ford lie].

Strick

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
5 of 8, 585/375 days since res/order, not one word from Ford about anything.

Hellllooooo 2023...
Exactly, sounds like my timeline as well. The person in charge of the MIC roofs should beā€¦

Sponsored

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ll probably get flamed for this but here goā€™s: Iā€™m tired of reading about folks who have day 1 reservations and are complaining about waiting 600 or more days And still no bronco. Everyone knew when they made their reservation that there werenā€™t any Broncos even going to be built until ā€mid-year 2021. So when your complaining about your wait, you need to subtract all the non-production days that you were fully aware of.

Based on an 8/11/21 reservation, an original order on 8/12, and a dealer MY 22 reorder on 10/10/21, my current wait for a Badlands, 2.7, MIC, SAS, Lux is going on 194 days. I do have a VIN and (current) build date of 4/11 which Iā€™m sure will slide at least another month. I have at least another 90 days to go maybe more.

When I ordered it, I was fully expecting a late spring early summer delivery based on what I was reading here.

I also think many people are 99ed and donā€™t know it. Also, if you are passed the dealer allocation, I guess youā€™re SOL.

For everyone whoā€™s dissatisfied, I would recommend getting to know your dealerā€™s computer/order ā€guysā€. They have a ton of information on your order a couple clicks away.

My experience is with a ā€œhigh volumeā€ dealer in Houston and has been goodā€¦..so farā€¦ā€¦

Waiting patiently.
We're counting every single day from reservation onwards because Ford had all that time - well over a year - to prepare for the larger numbers and completely dropped the ball. So yeah, that time does count against them. Production may not have started until mid-2021, but Ford's been working on my order in some way or another since 7/13/2020.

Also - " your dealerā€™s computer/order ā€guysā€. There are not words enough to describe how completely ridiculous this statement is. Some dealers might be savvy, but most are complete idiots. Sorry dealers, but it's true. My "order process" with my dealers "computer guy" was him literally sitting down, loading up the same ford.com Bronco builder page that customers have access to, asking my about each option, and checking the box. He then printed out the summary page THAT I HAD ALREADY PRINTED OUT AND BROUGHT WITH ME and took to the floor manager to put in the system, which took well over 30 minutes. When I called a year later asking if my order was 99'ed, or if they could tell me what place I was in their order list based on my times stamp, or literally ANYTHING about my Bronco order, they told me that I would know directly from Ford before they would get any updates. They don't know and they don't care. And I actually consider my dealer to be one of the good ones, I'm not bitching about them, it's just facts.

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all due respect sir, I call bullshit on this. I have a 2 door on order that is allegedly schedule to be built on 3/21. I donā€™t know if that will happen but when it does, it will be delivered with a piece of shit 3rd party manufacturer hard top. Which is why I already have a bestop soft top waiting for it. If bestop can sell these into the market, ford damn well can too. Iā€™m not discounting the possibility they conducted ALL of their safety tests on the hard top and might have to go through the process again for the soft top? I donā€™t know if that is true but if it is, itā€™s nonsense. The bar for ford should be no higher than bestop. If it is, itā€™s the same bullshit that says my 6 yr old doesnā€™t have to anymore where a mask in school but must still comply with the feds while on the school bus. Again, non sense.

As I write this, I realize non sense must never be ruled out where a federal bureaucracy is involved. So maybe fords bar is higher.
I remember reading somewhere that Jeep has Bestop locked down as far as offering tops straight from the factory, and that's why Ford can't offer them. I'm not sure why Ford didn't go for another 3rd party to produce a soft top straight from the factory, but looking at the hard top debacle maybe that's for the best.

KLU904

Black Diamond
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still don't get why they won't/can't do a 2 door with factory soft top instead of the MIC. Is it some sort of gov't reg? Hard to think so since Jeep sells so many without a hard top.....
I just was at a car show this passed weekend and sat in a 2 door that had a soft top. I donā€™t know if they had this just as a demo vehicle or if they plan on actually releasing soft tops for the 2 doors soon

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have four of those things. LOL.