Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Na, I don’t care what published specs say, Bronco is a little tighter in the shoulders. The upper portion of the cab flares in more on the Bronco.
Hopefully the 2-door feels less so since the B pillar is behind the driver. Has anybody of broad stature sat in both?
Sponsored

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where can we find the events for DC area?
My local dealer in Gaithersburg MD sent me an email to make an appointment to see them. It will be there April 14th.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the only under-utilized space in the Bronco is under the rear seats in the 4 door. The mounting to the floor is fixed and there is enough space for some cargo netting, lockable drawers or lockable compartments. I might have to build a couple of storage boxes for some Yankem Ropes.

BD Bronco2.jpg

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I got finally got to see the Bronco in person today when they visited my hometown of Richmond, VA.

I’ve read a lot of these first impressions and some of the things I’ve read finally made sense. Reading is no substitute for seeing with your own eyes, so I suspect you’ll just need to see and feel it for yourself and formulate your own opinion.

I should say that I’m a die hard Ford fan and have owned several early and full sized Broncos along with a slew of other Ford products over the years.

My quick initial impressions:

1. Overall they look great in real life. I was giddy pulling the dealer and couldn’t stop grinning as I approached the tent and finally saw them.

2. 33” tires on the Badlands look very good and plenty big in person. Looking back at my pictures they look tiny, but they don’t look undersized at all when viewed in person. The 35’s do look better to me, but I would be fine with 33’s

3. The engine compartment certainly has a lot going on, but did not look as terrible as the photos may make it seem.

4. The interior had plenty of headroom and legroom both front and rear in the 4door, but was maybe tighter than I was expecting widthwise. Not uncomfortable, but certainly close quarters and nowhere near F-150 space. Similar to Ranger which is logical. I’m 6’1” & 225lbs. There was also easily another 5” of headroom in the soft top versions above my big head. There was a kid there who was 6’5” and he said he fit with no issues too.

5. The Sasquatch BD was very easy for me to get in and out of. I had expected it to be higher and more of a climb to get into.

6. As a huge Ford and Bronco enthusiast I really don’t want to be critical of anything, but to put it politely I feel that they chose function over form when it came to the interior. I do understand they designed this to be a serious top down off roader and prioritized the interior to be water resistant for off-roading and because folks will inevitably get caught in a downpour with the top and doors off. I liked the different feel of the “encapsulated” or rubberized switchgear on the dash and steering wheel and the seats were plenty comfy. Styling or design wise it all visually looks great, but the interior cargo area, dashboard, door panels, and center console were all hard, thin looking plastics. While this is probably the best option for not being damaged by water, to me the materials looked and felt kind of cheap, flimsy or chintzy. I noticed the center console grab handle was really flexy too. It pains me to type that stuff, but it was how I felt during the brief viewing. I’m just sharing my honest first impression. Just my .02

7. I wasn’t a huge fan of the marine grade vinyl. It was plenty soft and comfortable and again I’m sure it’ll do well serving the intended purpose of being water and mildew resistant, but it didn’t look particularly nice to me especially on a $50,000 or $60,000 machine. This is obviously a subjective thing.

8. The flip up feature of the soft top in the cargo area is brilliant. I briefly owned a ‘15 Wrangler with a soft top and HATED trying to load cargo in through the tailgate with the back window in place. A full bag of groceries would not go into the cargo area without turning it over on it’s side first. Rolling up the back vinyl window was tedious. The flip up clamshell top appears to address this problem very well.

9. As others have said, the factory soft top is not insulated and appears to be a single layer that leaves the metal framework exposed. The last time I looked at Jeep the base vinyl top is grey, looks cheap and doesn’t age well. While Bronco’s top looks far superior with the nice black cloth or twill exterior, it still looks a little utilitarian or unfinished on the inside. I suspect it’ll also be noticeably louder than a multi layer top. My wrangler had the optional “sun rider” top from Bestop that I think had 3 layers. Twill exterior which looks nice like the Bronco’s exterior, but with a layer of rubber presumably for insulation, noise deadening, and water proofing, and then an interior headliner layer to make it all look nice. I don’t remember any framework being visible.

10. I didn’t mind the “Bo” bar. Being OCD, it does bother me that it covers the Bronco on the grill but it still looks good. I think the redesign rumors are just rumor. I don’t see how they could lower it and not block the camera or raise it and not look goofy and/or still block some letters.

sorry for the long post. in summary, I’m still super stoked about the Bronco and can’t wait to take delivery of mine. Clearly the team at Ford put A LOT of thought into the details and succeeded in making significant and well thought out design improvements compared to the primary competitor. But a few aspects of the interior (and lack of a V8) were a little bit of a disappointment to me on what would otherwise be my dream vehicle.

here are the pics:
Ford Bronco Feedback & pics from  Bronco event in Richmond, Virginia: Badlands on 33's + Black Diamond BD Bronco2

Ford Bronco Feedback & pics from  Bronco event in Richmond, Virginia: Badlands on 33's + Black Diamond BD Bronco2

BD drive away after the event:
so how crowded are these events? Doesn't seem like the dealerships are really marketing them. I signed up for mine on the 26th, but only bc of this site. You'd think my dealer would've reached out mentioning the event?

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I got finally got to see the Bronco in person today when they visited my hometown of Richmond, VA.

I’ve read a lot of these first impressions and some of the things I’ve read finally made sense. Reading is no substitute for seeing with your own eyes, so I suspect you’ll just need to see and feel it for yourself and formulate your own opinion.

I should say that I’m a die hard Ford fan and have owned several early and full sized Broncos along with a slew of other Ford products over the years.

My quick initial impressions:

1. Overall they look great in real life. I was giddy pulling the dealer and couldn’t stop grinning as I approached the tent and finally saw them.

2. 33” tires on the Badlands look very good and plenty big in person. Looking back at my pictures they look tiny, but they don’t look undersized at all when viewed in person. The 35’s do look better to me, but I would be fine with 33’s

3. The engine compartment certainly has a lot going on, but did not look as terrible as the photos may make it seem.

4. The interior had plenty of headroom and legroom both front and rear in the 4door, but was maybe tighter than I was expecting widthwise. Not uncomfortable, but certainly close quarters and nowhere near F-150 space. Similar to Ranger which is logical. I’m 6’1” & 225lbs. There was also easily another 5” of headroom in the soft top versions above my big head. There was a kid there who was 6’5” and he said he fit with no issues too.

5. The Sasquatch BD was very easy for me to get in and out of. I had expected it to be higher and more of a climb to get into.

6. As a huge Ford and Bronco enthusiast I really don’t want to be critical of anything, but to put it politely I feel that they chose function over form when it came to the interior. I do understand they designed this to be a serious top down off roader and prioritized the interior to be water resistant for off-roading and because folks will inevitably get caught in a downpour with the top and doors off. I liked the different feel of the “encapsulated” or rubberized switchgear on the dash and steering wheel and the seats were plenty comfy. Styling or design wise it all visually looks great, but the interior cargo area, dashboard, door panels, and center console were all hard, thin looking plastics. While this is probably the best option for not being damaged by water, to me the materials looked and felt kind of cheap, flimsy or chintzy. I noticed the center console grab handle was really flexy too. It pains me to type that stuff, but it was how I felt during the brief viewing. I’m just sharing my honest first impression. Just my .02

7. I wasn’t a huge fan of the marine grade vinyl. It was plenty soft and comfortable and again I’m sure it’ll do well serving the intended purpose of being water and mildew resistant, but it didn’t look particularly nice to me especially on a $50,000 or $60,000 machine. This is obviously a subjective thing.

8. The flip up feature of the soft top in the cargo area is brilliant. I briefly owned a ‘15 Wrangler with a soft top and HATED trying to load cargo in through the tailgate with the back window in place. A full bag of groceries would not go into the cargo area without turning it over on it’s side first. Rolling up the back vinyl window was tedious. The flip up clamshell top appears to address this problem very well.

9. As others have said, the factory soft top is not insulated and appears to be a single layer that leaves the metal framework exposed. The last time I looked at Jeep the base vinyl top is grey, looks cheap and doesn’t age well. While Bronco’s top looks far superior with the nice black cloth or twill exterior, it still looks a little utilitarian or unfinished on the inside. I suspect it’ll also be noticeably louder than a multi layer top. My wrangler had the optional “sun rider” top from Bestop that I think had 3 layers. Twill exterior which looks nice like the Bronco’s exterior, but with a layer of rubber presumably for insulation, noise deadening, and water proofing, and then an interior headliner layer to make it all look nice. I don’t remember any framework being visible.

10. I didn’t mind the “Bo” bar. Being OCD, it does bother me that it covers the Bronco on the grill but it still looks good. I think the redesign rumors are just rumor. I don’t see how they could lower it and not block the camera or raise it and not look goofy and/or still block some letters.

sorry for the long post. in summary, I’m still super stoked about the Bronco and can’t wait to take delivery of mine. Clearly the team at Ford put A LOT of thought into the details and succeeded in making significant and well thought out design improvements compared to the primary competitor. But a few aspects of the interior (and lack of a V8) were a little bit of a disappointment to me on what would otherwise be my dream vehicle.

here are the pics:
DD4DD177-ABAE-4B7C-8655-DCEB7BC65B8A.jpeg

327CCD58-CDF5-4B48-83E1-71E484ECB6D6.jpeg

7DA5AFE3-18F1-44E2-AB3C-C1DF0EDD02AC.jpeg

D414520A-5F64-4978-AFA3-482524CB106C.jpeg

56535AC7-74A9-49A3-BB94-5ADB2BCA579A.jpeg

8F686CF0-1D0D-418A-BB95-5740085BED66.jpeg

F1ADEFF4-869C-44E2-8E24-2E410E656972.jpeg

3B647017-ECEE-4A85-96FA-F4770AAAB445.jpeg

63DCCC9A-9BE2-444C-A945-71DEF262F80E.jpeg

A5DC7EC2-55DD-4B2F-9E95-5043ED03EA4D.jpeg

12EA6A84-7D80-4604-8189-B3710A623904.jpeg

BD drive away after the event:

Man, I knew Squatch would be wide but watching it drive away.....She's got some hips brother! Love it

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel like the only under-utilized space in the Bronco is under the rear seats in the 4 door. The mounting to the floor is fixed and there is enough space for some cargo netting, lockable drawers or lockable compartments. I might have to build a couple of storage boxes for some Yankem Ropes.

Yes, huge waste of space, especially in a vehicle with such small storage area.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to the event tomorrow at Battlefield Ford. Hopefully it’s the same two trucks...I’d like to see a Badlands non sas next to a Sasquatch for comparison.
If there is, please measure center of axle to metal fender so we can get an apples to apples height comparison of Badlands vs Sasq.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i wonder if there will be a aftermarket piece that will slide in and lock in to provide a closed storage area. but the area is needed to fold the seats i assume.

i really wanted to like AMB, and that video has finally set it for me.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i wonder if there will be a aftermarket piece that will slide in and lock in to provide a closed storage area. but the area is needed to fold the seats i assume.
only the back of the seat and the head rest move to fold the seats flat. the horizontal seat cushion is locked in place at both attachment points of the vertical support.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

only the back of the seat and the head rest move to fold the seats flat. the horizontal seat cushion is locked in place at both attachment points of the vertical support.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

so how crowded are these events? Doesn't seem like the dealerships are really marketing them. I signed up for mine on the 26th, but only bc of this site. You'd think my dealer would've reached out mentioning the event?
not terribly crowded at this one. Maybe 15 or so people while I was there but I was the last time slot of the evening. I heard about it here too. I wasn’t “invited”. That was a dealer across town though, NOT my home dealer that I ordered from.

At this event the Bronco’s were roped off and supposedly you could only get up-close and personal with a reservation. I don’t know for sure. They may have been accepting walk ups.

even then they only let a certain number of people behind the ropes at once. They pretty much only let one person into the bronco at a time. And they wiped down the seats & stuff after each person.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is, please measure center of axle to metal fender so we can get an apples to apples height comparison of Badlands vs Sasq.
Exactly one inch more lift with Sasquatch compared to Badlands. I measured 3x as I didn’t expect that. Hub to metal fender. I’ll give more detail later.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly one inch more lift with Sasquatch compared to Badlands. I measured 3x as I didn’t expect that. Hub to metal fender. I’ll give more detail later.
Wow interesting. More than the 0.4" everyone thought.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anymore details? This inch is killing me...
Sponsored