First Name
Tybor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just had a JL Audio 500 watt amp installed this weekend for the Stinger sub. Don't know about the kicker amp but man oh man, what a difference the sub makes. It finally sounds good in the Bronco. I had already replaced all the stock speakers and am running those with the kicker 200.4

The JL amp definitely doesn't seem underpowered and was what the stereo shop recommended.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for the feedback. Which JL sub did you go with?

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ended up getting this all installed this weekend along with changing my front setup to a BLAM Audio component with the tweeter in the stock dash location and 6.5" woofer in the kicker panel. Wow what a world of difference.

Sponsored

lawcdav1

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ended up getting this all installed this weekend along with changing my front setup to a BLAM Audio component with the tweeter in the stock dash location and 6.5" woofer in the kicker panel. Wow what a world of difference.
Did you capture any photos of the component setup? I am wanting to do the same but my installer is recommending I use the 4” speakers up front and not a tweeter.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny you mention - I asked the installers the same and they didn't but I can see the black plexi piece and tweeter. A few have posted similar in the past. I will say, I am missing nothing in front with this setup.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny you mention - I asked the installers the same and they didn't but I can see the black plexi piece and tweeter. A few have posted similar in the past. I will say, I am missing nothing in front with this setup.
Also, they were able to fit both key amps in the area above glove box. Very clean install overall.

plugnplaykits

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems many are using the setup, hence my question on it.

Ultimately can always change the woofer if needed - the box location, design and construction is the star of the package.
The woofer doesn’t need to be changed it’s actually a great speaker but the kicker key 500.1 is not the correct amp for this box when people buy for me I try to explain to them and set them up with the proper equipment

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The woofer doesn’t need to be changed it’s actually a great speaker but the kicker key 500.1 is not the correct amp for this box when people buy for me I try to explain to them and set them up with the proper equipment
Well I'm sure it is underpowered overall I think it's perfectly fine for what I'm looking for and ultimately I will likely change the woofer out down the road to a JL shallow mount as I bought the setup predominantly for the box/location.

OP
OP
Silence

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kicker 500.1 works fine. Depends on how much bass you want but I have no issue with the setup and can't even adjust it past 11 without it being ear piercing.

I would say in retrospect i would have done the audiocontrol d.1300 or JL vxi700 for future versatility. That said the kicker amp outperforms its rating and has enough to power this woofer.
Sponsored