Sponsored

Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw?

Sheldor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m having the BL vs WT debate. Like you, I think I prefer the WT grill, mirrors, and handles. But if I’m stuck with gray Mic top I feel like the gray grill and black plastics on the BL will match the top better (especially after the plastics fade, and they will).

When you say “wait for the black painted top, does that mean wait to place your order? Or place order in December and wait for later delivery? Or does it mean buy the black top itself later? None of those are great options which is why I’m leaning BL.

Back to WT... I’d much rather have “sport” mode (WT) than rock mode (BL).

I don’t really care about sway bar disconnects (BL) which probably accounts for the $1k premium (over comparably equipped WT). Like 99% of Rubicons on the road, I suspect all those BL sway bars will NEVER be disconnected as people seem to be flocking to BL because of the black MGV seats. Or maybe it’s how Ford is marketing the BL as the Rubicon equivalent... maybe folks just want the status. How soon before the Bronco ecosystem produces B A D L A N D S hood graphics?

Finally interior... I’m confused why people are hating on the WT two-tone black/brown leather interior yet they love the two-tone black/brown in the launch videos. I get they are not the same, but they don’t seem that different. In general, colored interiors have made a huge comeback in recent rears (cars and high-end boats). I’m not saying I love everything the Bronco team did, but I understand why they chose not to go with plain old back on every trim. I just think they went a little too far and could have provided a “safety” option for less daring folks.
Was in the same boat but the WT A51/blue trim (and seat stitching?) killed it for me. It doesn’t match anything.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you elaborate on this? Why would they? Genuinely interested.
They bronco has weight issues. They don’t have enough GVWR weight allowance to include everything, 2.7, squatch, hardtop with insulation, roof racks, brush guard, tow package, etc. They chose this set of options for the FE. I wish I could add the tow package, but it is what it is at this point.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They bronco has weight issues. They don’t have enough GVWR weight allowance to include everything, 2.7, squatch, hardtop with insulation, roof racks, brush guard, tow package, etc. They chose this set of options for the FE. I wish I could add the tow package, but it is what it is at this point.
Sorry I thought you were implying that the GVWR was different with the FE.

It still doesn't add up though, THE FE is able to get a combination of things that the Badlands doesn't allow. The FE gets all of the following Hard Top, Headliner, Brush Guard. That combinations isn't doable on the Badlands. If it were GVWR it wouldn't be allowable on FE either.

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m having the BL vs WT debate. Like you, I think I prefer the WT grill, mirrors, and handles. But if I’m stuck with gray Mic top I feel like the gray grill and black plastics on the BL will match the top better (especially after the plastics fade, and they will).

When you say “wait for the black painted top, does that mean wait to place your order? Or place order in December and wait for later delivery? Or does it mean buy the black top itself later? None of those are great options which is why I’m leaning BL.

Back to WT... I’d much rather have “sport” mode (WT) than rock mode (BL).

I don’t really care about sway bar disconnects (BL) which probably accounts for the $1k premium (over comparably equipped WT). Like 99% of Rubicons on the road, I suspect all those BL sway bars will NEVER be disconnected as people seem to be flocking to BL because of the black MGV seats. Or maybe it’s how Ford is marketing the BL as the Rubicon equivalent... maybe folks just want the status. How soon before the Bronco ecosystem produces B A D L A N D S hood graphics?

Finally interior... I’m confused why people are hating on the WT two-tone black/brown leather interior yet they love the two-tone black/brown in the launch videos. I get they are not the same, but they don’t seem that different. In general, colored interiors have made a huge comeback in recent rears (cars and high-end boats). I’m not saying I love everything the Bronco team did, but I understand why they chose not to go with plain old back on every trim. I just think they went a little too far and could have provided a “safety” option for less daring folks.
I feel ya brother! As of today, I'm going to use our option (when ordering at the dealership) to order the WT with the original black painted mod hardtop for a "Late 2021 Delivery"...scary since late delivery has not been defined but for 60k, I want to get a Bronco that I'm happy with every time I walk out to my driveway! I just read the slide-out tailgate is "Late Availability" too ugh... :rolleyes:

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thread should live on forever as a collection of broken promises and disappointed fans from which Ford should have to live with forever.

So, as far as I can tell, can someone clarify if I'm correct: I can't get a FE late with the black modular top already on it? They deliver with the CG-MIC no matter what?

If so, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the MIC top. Everyone else will be selling them too.

P.S. Like many of you, seems like I'm downgrading to Badlands. My camel's back isn't just broken. It's on life support. Hoping for Ford to pull a hail-mary for FE's, but only because the CEO stepped in for that one moment on Twitter. Did anything become of that?

Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This thread should live on forever as a collection of broken promises and disappointed fans from which Ford should have to live with forever.

So, as far as I can tell, can someone clarify if I'm correct: I can't get a FE late with the black modular top already on it? They deliver with the CG-MIC no matter what?

If so, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the MIC top. Everyone else will be selling them too.

P.S. Like many of you, seems like I'm downgrading to Badlands. My camel's back isn't just broken. It's on life support. Hoping for Ford to pull a hail-mary for FE's, but only because the CEO stepped in for that one moment on Twitter. Did anything become of that?
Haven’t heard anything else from Farley. He just said he’d pass it on to the Bronco team and that was it. I’m not exactly optimistic that we’ll get saddle brown, but I haven’t lost all hope.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry I thought you were implying that the GVWR was different with the FE.

It still doesn't add up though, THE FE is able to get a combination of things that the Badlands doesn't allow. The FE gets all of the following Hard Top, Headliner, Brush Guard. That combinations isn't doable on the Badlands. If it were GVWR it wouldn't be allowable on FE either.
I think this is so the FE is still special. Can't be reproduced with lower trim levels. I'm actually glad they did this. It makes the FE more desirable.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switching to Badlands.

1. Want the MGV interior.
2. Don't want the colors available on FE.
3. Want the towing package - not a deal killer since it could be installed later though.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think this is so the FE is still special. Can't be reproduced with lower trim levels. I'm actually glad they did this. It makes the FE more desirable.
I just can't see Ford eliminating the ability to order more options on a mass production model/trim just to make a 7,500 model run more special

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone know if the dash is navy pier? I can’t tell what color it is on the 360 interior view.
See the two pieces in the lower left of the photo? My understanding is the top of the dash is the darker color (Navy Pier) and the middle part of the dash is the grey piece.

95FFC79D-BBCC-4A86-ADF1-82AC2ADA1CB6.png

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the dust finally settles, I wonder how much the First Edition will be worth after the 7000 reservations drop to 700 ?
Sponsored