Sponsored

Fellow FE Reservation Holders - What's your last straw?

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First it was the Navy Pier interior, then the delayed black modular top, then the lack of accessories, and now no towing package available on the 4 DR.....what's it going to take for you to switch trims or bail completely? I'm leaning toward switching trims to a Badlands...but may bail completely. I've already got a wrangler in the driveway....and my Cybertruck reservation is looking better and better each day.
Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why did folks reserve the First Edition? I assumed it would be mostly collectors reserving them. Do colors really matter on a limited run like this? When I fancied reserving one, I quickly retreated. I'd have no place to store it and I wouldn't drive it for fear that someone would run into me.

Bronco VI

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F150 Raptor/21 Bronco FE/22 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am switching to the Badlands. It's amazing to me how excited I was to get the reservation in for a FE on the first night and how Ford has slowly killed that excitement for me. Navy pier interior, no black top, etc. etc...

Even with the Badlands, I feel like I'm settling for stuff that I shouldn't have to settle for in a $60,000 rig. I'm still excited to get my Bronco this spring/summer, but I'm definitely not giddy like I was in the beginning.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The #&@#&! Navy Pier is killing it for me. I can work around the lack of tow hitch/wiring. Badlands fully optioned can't get the headliner. I actually prefer the vinyl. I am going to toss the brush guard for a full winch mount.

I am thinking about converting my FE to a Badlands and my fully loaded Badlands to a 2.3/manual.

OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My first frustration was the lack of the manual transmission. I wanted that seven speed transmission the minute it was first rumored, but I quickly got over it because I wanted to 2.7 engine. Then the 3500 to 7000 sucked a bit. I don’t mind the Navy pier interior because I want a blue truck but I would’ve preferred the marine grade vinyl in a lighter color than black, to me that’s the higher end finish on an off-road vehicle. I get that you lose the electric seats with a marine grade vinyl so I guess it doesn’t make it as high end, therefore not an option on the FE. I’m definitely upset about the painted modular top and I really want them to offer us a soft top while we wait for the modular top to become available. And now I’m really upset about the lack of accessories available, especially the towing package, but I figure a lot of that stuff can be added on by the dealer... but then you lose the warranty and it possibly can’t be financed into the loan.
It’s been several kicks in the gut, and I’m seriously frustrated but I’m still in at this point.
So much crap has happened I almost forgot about the whole 3500 to 7000 debacle!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did folks reserve the First Edition? I assumed it would be mostly collectors reserving them. Do colors really matter on a limited run like this? When I fancied reserving one, I quickly retreated. I'd have no place to store it and I wouldn't drive it for fear that someone would run into me.
investment to make a quick buck

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved night one but realized it was waste of $ for my purposes after initial hype. Assuming I order, I’ve settled on Badlands - still on fence whether I go through with purchase or not. Maybe not everyone’s sentiment, but Ford kinda lost me with this rollout. I did drive 8+ hours to TN a month or so ago - still excited about what I saw. That said, just not sure I want to be an early adopter. I believe more and better options will be available in a couple years - and I don’t need a new car - it’s a want for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have to hand it to the Bronco release team. Choose your performance trim package by your interior color choices, nuts !!!!

Oh, and make sure the most $$$ expensive performance trim levels and the least choices in interior options, brilliant !!!
Sponsored