RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have ideas on what to use for edge guards on the fender when you’re taking off doors? Seems the ones Ford provides dont do the job fully

seems regular door edge guards are more permanent and are hard plastic — not the best thing for the door to be rubbing against.

so far, the best thing I could come up with is finding a thin enough pool noodle to cut up
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't you put the door bags on before removing the doors?

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll add to this - just took the doors off for the first time on our '22 BB 2 dr.

1. You get two strips. Put one on the FENDER where the top door hinge is. Put the second on the FENDER where the bottom hinge is.

2. If you have the door bags, put the door bags on FIRST before disconnecting the door.

3. Loosen the bolts (they are not designed to be all that tight) lift the door a bit and remove it. You can then set it on the edge where you have the bag on (if you zipped it up most of the way) and zip the bag the rest of the way up.

4. Move the fender protectors to the next door and repeat.

Each bag has a picture which tells you which door it goes on - they will only fit the correct door because of the shape.

WHEN INSTALLING THE DOORS - don't be an idiot like me...inside the Bronco tool back there is a small (that's why I missed it the first time doing this) cone shaped screw in attachment. It's used to screw in the bottom hinge on the Bronco so it makes it easier to line the door up.

Also - make sure and check the door hinge bolts. Mine came out with no issues. When threading ONE top bolt in, it kept acting liking it wanted to cross thread. Turns out there was a damaged thread on the bolt. It happens - these things aren't started by hand at the factory. I removed the door checked the female thread and they were fine. I got everything back together just fine, but I do plan on ordering a couple of extra door bolts if I can find the part number.

GTUnit

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are hundreds of edge guards on Amazon. All types and materials from rubber to vinyl.
Many would be appropriate for this task. Buy a roll and make them disposable if they get dirty.

Amazon.com : edge guard

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looked at the selections on Amazon, but my mind started to explode... I'd imagine many of those are meant for long-term install versus a few minutes. Anyone try any with success?

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, if you're (or anyone is) interested, there's this guy selling those 'cone things' on Ebay.

Door Hinge Alignment pin

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Came across that which also speaks to the fender protection. Not sure why my mind couldn't think something simple like masking tape.
Sponsored