First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys, I just got done both cleaning and ceramic coating my fender flares because, well, they looked pretty terrible even right after washes with tons of chemical stains. I unfortunately didn’t take any close ups of just how bad they were but they came out fantastic considering!

I’ve heard you can use Scrubbing Bubbles however I just used Dawn dish soap and a sponge and scrubbed them off really well. Then I prepped them and applied Adam’s Polishes Ceramic Graphene coating. I’ve had great luck with Adam’s products in the past so I’m sure they will look good for a long time now.

I was surprised how many little rock chips there were already in only 6,000 miles. I think the rest of the Bronco is screaming for some ceramic next!

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 867F3DD5-EB29-4EBA-ADEE-206BC7252425

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 7B00CE6E-42B5-4B0F-ACFE-0C31E929460B

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 13BB8413-B81D-48AE-99E9-673F24AA1DF5

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating E5613553-26F8-401B-BCC3-A78A56AE3345
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% adding front fender mud flaps day one on my Bronco.

OP
OP
OleGreenBronco
First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
100% adding front fender mud flaps day one on my Bronco.
That is a great idea honestly. I’ve been on the fence about mud flaps for a couple weeks but I think I’m going to pick a set up soon. Even the highway tires on the base fling a TON of mud and rocks, it’s insane. I’m nervous to see how much mud terrains or all terrains are going to throw. The mud I can live with, just don’t want all the rock chips.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used these on a few vehicles. They work good, get the job done and done brake the bank. I would get the Ford flaps but they don’t work with the Badlands Rock Sliders 🤷‍♂️
SUNPIE Car Mud Flaps Universal Fit Black Splash Guards (4 Pack) with 20 Pieces 6mm Fastener Rivet Clips https://a.co/d/c0SbnYg

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you remove the fenders to clean and coat?

Sponsored

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys, I just got done both cleaning and ceramic coating my fender flares because, well, they looked pretty terrible even right after washes with tons of chemical stains. I unfortunately didn’t take any close ups of just how bad they were but they came out fantastic considering!

I’ve heard you can use Scrubbing Bubbles however I just used Dawn dish soap and a sponge and scrubbed them off really well. Then I prepped them and applied Adam’s Polishes Ceramic Graphene coating. I’ve had great luck with Adam’s products in the past so I’m sure they will look good for a long time now.

I was surprised how many little rock chips there were already in only 6,000 miles. I think the rest of the Bronco is screaming for some ceramic next!

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating E5613553-26F8-401B-BCC3-A78A56AE3345

Good thing these are easy to replace but I'm sure at a big expense. Thanks for the info and they look great now that you cleaned them up👍

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I used Adam's graphene on mine as well, and 2500 miles and half a salty Alaskan winter later they still look good except where they've been beat up by flying rocks.

I expect to have to re coat the vehicle every spring, as even the best ceramics can't handle our winters

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks great! I did something similar with my fender flares and rear bumper using Cerakote (ceramic coating very similar to Adams). I'd recommend that owners Cerakote or ceramic coat (with a product of their choice) all of the black mic pastic on the exterior.

EDIT: Don't touch your MIC top with anything......because, well.....

Two tips/notes:

1. When washing your fenders, bumper, or plastic be sure to not just apply the dawn soap directly to the plastic and start scrubbing. The "power" of Dawn is activated with suds (hence their power wash formula). So either Dawn in a bucket and fill it with a hose on jet to generate the suds OR buy a foam soap dispenser (or save one from your hand wash) and fill it with 50% dawn and 50% water - boom - powerwash.

2. Once done washing the parts make sure they are absolutely dry.

Ceramic coating does not adhere well to dirty surfaces and it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT mix with water. The presence of water will leave you with white spots or streaks that will be even more difficult to remove.

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating IMG_2625

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating IMG_2611

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating IMG_2614

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating IMG_2615

Last edited:
OP
OP
OleGreenBronco
First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you remove the fenders to clean and coat?
Yes I did, it was a piece of cake! There is 5 locking pins on each flare that you turn until you feel a small detent letting you know they’re square with the holes, then you just pull strait out. Putting them back on is the same only in reverse.

I used Adam's graphene on mine as well, and 2500 miles and half a salty Alaskan winter later they still look good except where they've been beat up by flying rocks.

I expect to have to re coat the vehicle every spring, as even the best ceramics can't handle our winters
This is great to hear! I’m in Michigan and our winters consist of salt covered roads too so I’m hoping they hold up pretty well. It’s funny, I’ve been doing paint corrections and ceramic coatings on the side for years and I’ve never done any of my own stuff 😂 The fenders should make a good durability test.

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ceramic coating looks like a good option. I took delivery of my bronco during pollen season and Day 2 I had to do something about the pollen streaking and mud stains after Day 1.

I have been through a fair number of rubber / vinyl cleaners and protectors... I haven't used any of Adam's products. So far, I can only recommend Turtle Wax 50655 Inside & Out Protectant, 23 Fluid Ounces of the ones I've tried.

It goes on easy with a micro-fiber towel for the fenders, mirrors, interior... and I've used it on the MIC. Just apply without washing and it keeps the pollen stains away. Reapply as needed (like every 3 weeks, or less if you're parked under a flowering tree). Bugs wipe off with a towel. There is a lot of rubber/vinyl on the base, including the grille, so this has helped me a bit. I've been using this product since April '22 on MIC and seems fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6IW25N?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_V44R7JD47APW2GHQBD5W

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating side

Squatch2022?

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

867F3DD5-EB29-4EBA-ADEE-206BC7252425.jpeg

7B00CE6E-42B5-4B0F-ACFE-0C31E929460B.jpeg

13BB8413-B81D-48AE-99E9-673F24AA1DF5.jpeg

E5613553-26F8-401B-BCC3-A78A56AE3345.jpeg

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 867F3DD5-EB29-4EBA-ADEE-206BC7252425

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 7B00CE6E-42B5-4B0F-ACFE-0C31E929460B

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 13BB8413-B81D-48AE-99E9-673F24AA1DF5

I had my Eruption Green Ceramic Coated and it really made it even more amazing! Really brought the color and shine alive! Hard to show in pics! The reflection and shine is mirror like and the surface feels like butter!

20220525_160320.jpg

20220525_163131.jpg

20220525_160310.jpg

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 20220525_160310

Ford Bronco Fender Flare Cleaning and Protection (How-To) -- Dawn Dish Soap, Sponge, Adam's Polishes Ceramic Graphene Coating 20220525_160310

I use scrubbing bubbles and it gives it a great shine afterwards as well. How long does it last on yours?

OP
OP
OleGreenBronco
First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use scrubbing bubbles and it gives it a great shine afterwards as well. How long does it last on yours?
It should last a couple years hopefully. Ceramic coatings can last a long time as long as they're maintained but I don’t expect it to last as long on the fenders considering how much abuse they take especially over the Michigan winters.
Sponsored