Sponsored

Fender flare problem - too easy to remove / be stolen ?

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where in the hell do you people live? I’ve heard about stolen catalytic converters, cup holders, now fender flares and speakers. If you’re that worried about theft, perhaps you’re best suited for a tank or armored vehicle.
We never did solve the stolen cupholder issue. It was a serious oversight on Ford's part not properly securing them.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, it was resolved...
Thank you! I don't have to spend the next year with sleepless nights worrying about my cupholders!

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly. Fender flares are not some hot black market commodity that thugs are going to be stripping every bronco they see.

Sure they can be removed easily. Sure, somewhere there will be a sleazy Bronco fan who just happens to know how they are removed and may swipe a set. How often will this actually happen? Pretty much never.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, I know the Bronco is trendy now, but at the end of the day, it's a Ford.

Beyond that, it is sort of unique looking. Will Broncos be stolen? You bet, but so are Camrys and Accords.

However, I'm not sure the Wrangler is lifted regularly even though they're popular, expensive, simple to mod and strip, etc. Outside of your soft top being cut, and they will be cut in urban areas, but not to steal the vehicle, but what is left inside by some meth head.

You can be paranoid about almost anything and convince yourself of almost anything also if you desire. I don't plan to live in fear and won't hound people for no reason when they're near the rig.

Plus, there is something to say about my NRA stickers that go on my rides as well as the University of ALABAMA script A stuck on the back that many down South know says "this guy's a shooter".

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plastic fender flares have little to no street value.

Do you worry about your tire fill caps?

similar to the old days with gas caps and whip antennas. it happened, but it was very rare.
Those flares are on the accessory guide for like $500...worthless people will steal ANYTHING.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although the fenders are easy to walk off with, I think the bigger issue will be how easy it is to get under these vehicles and cut off a catalytic converter, which is worth a few more bucks...

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like I am going to loose sleep over stolen fender flares off a vehicle I can't get for over a year. The OEM's will be free when the aftermarket gets them.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yet our lawn gnomes and other assorted outdoor trinkets remain safe and sound :)

Most people arent nearly as devious as we imagine in our minds.
Having lived all over the country including housing on military bases nothing is safe! garden hoses, lawn gnomes, flower pots, etc I have seen or had friends that have had it all stolen. I am sure the lawn gnomes and stupid things like that are kids.

Have had cars gone through with change taken but $200 sunglasses left. Have been hit by porch pirates. Unless it it nailed down it is fair game in may places.

Not everyone lives in Mayberry.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they would be doing you a favor if they stole them.......

seriously tho I don’t see this being a huge issue.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's good to know there are places in this country where you can still leave you doors unlocked, but many of you need to realize that is not the norm.

Without getting too political, when you live in areas where people can't even get arrested unless the theft is over $900, or where major criminals are being let out left and right, homeless people are rampant, and a city recommends you leave your windows down and do not lock your car so that homeless won't break your glass cuz they see a coffee cup in your car...

Then yes... Easily removable parts and convertable security is a concern.

No it's not worth cancelling your order, or quitting your well paying job and packing up you entire life and family to move to mayberry and try your luck at farming..

But for folks to ask legit questions on how to best protect their damned expensive purchases.... Completely warranted.
Sponsored