Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I sold my house and packed up some (too many) of my belongings in a UHaul, and my SO and I are driving that plus the bronc from Eastern WA to Fairbanks, AK. Along with the two of us we’ve got a couple of odd dogs (greyhounds).

I figure I’ll post a couple bits of the trip here for shits and gigs.

For the long drive I pulled off the nice BL set of wheels and tires I got from a certain pickled/preserved former president/B6G member and replaced them with base wheels and tires (may as well use up the potato set and get some extra miles per gallon…)

I’m running an Alpicool C15 car fridge and a Bluetti EB3A to keep it running when the car is off. Also have a RAM mount for the phone attached to the dash. Got a Thule top box for items to use during the trip. The entire back area is a dog pillow palace.

First day of the trip we made it to Radium Hot Springs. Oddly enough I ended up parked next to 4 door OB.

Moving along to Dawson Creek tomorrow.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I sold my house and packed up some (too many) of my belongings in a UHaul, and my SO and I are driving that plus the bronc from Eastern WA to Fairbanks, AK. Along with the two of us we’ve got a couple of odd dogs (greyhounds).

I figure I’ll post a couple bits of the trip here for shits and gigs.

For the long drive I pulled off the nice BL set of wheels and tires I got from a certain pickled/preserved former president/B6G member and replaced them with base wheels and tires (may as well use up the potato set and get some extra miles per gallon…)

I’m running an Alpicool C15 car fridge and a Bluetti EB3A to keep it running when the car is off. Also have a RAM mount for the phone attached to the dash. Got a Thule top box for items to use during the trip. The entire back area is a dog pillow palace.

First day of the trip we made it to Radium Hot Springs. Oddly enough I ended up parked next to 4 door OB.

Moving along to Dawson Creek tomorrow.
Epic. WA winter days not short enough for you? 😁

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool, what’s the long term plan, deck hand on a fishing boat?

Sponsored
OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This man has spent some winter nights in WA. No doubt.

Safe travels OP! Sounds like the start of an epic adventure. Except for the sketchy pickled wheel donor.
Thanks! Yeah, winters in Eastern WA have been interesting from time to time. When I first moved over there it felt like I came to Hoth, but I got used to it. I’m sure it’s going to be like that all over again now? Though!

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going for much colder and darker, haha. Can’t forget the clouds of mosquitoes in the summer, too!! 😅😅😅
The nice thing about the mosquitos in Alaska if that they are so big you can feel em land on you. Mosquitos are the state bird, I'm pretty sure.

I've got some firsthand experience, my brother lives in Fairbanks I've been up to visit a few times. He says they're bad this year...

OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 2 of journey. Lesson #1: you cannot drive a UHaul through the Banff. #1.5, re routing and turning a 550 mile day into a 650 mile day is not fun. #2: two greyhounds fit in a 2-door, 2 Great Danes fit in a four door (met our bronco neighbor in radium hot springs, they were hauling the even bigger dogs). #3: the A&Ws here serve poutine. I’m sold.

couple of pictures:

A4C6C16D-80F7-4AEE-B942-FC01CEE62D0C.jpeg

AB3FC4EF-5489-4124-8CA8-54F9951263CD.jpeg

644BBFEF-072B-4F7D-ADCF-B8C1DF60514B.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The nice thing about the mosquitos in Alaska if that they are so big you can feel em land on you. Mosquitos are the state bird, I'm pretty sure.

I've got some firsthand experience, my brother lives in Fairbanks I've been up to visit a few times. He says they're bad this year...
My Fairbanks guide/SO heavily agrees. Somehow they don’t like her and surround me in a cloud while she just strolls along. Not fair.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alaska welcomes you with open arms, safe travels!

OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day three… made it to toad river lodge. I’m convinced the analog speedometer is for those of us from the US who switch to km/h while in Canada but still want to shift using mph 🤪 that’s the only use I’ve found for that gauge personally, haha.

pics from the day (I’m impressed by the number of detours due to the YHaul so far 🙃)

99232F12-F763-4167-BAFB-14C46FDDDE56.jpeg

3262EE22-25E6-4E04-8CA2-EAE4BAE1EE37.jpeg

0BD29465-9011-4BF9-B021-639CDA2B36F1.jpeg

419CA2D8-0E5B-4BC3-9FBB-E762A6D2EA1C.jpeg

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow what a great road trip to be taking the Bronco on!!! Congrats on the move!!!