Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been looking at Gobi racks. The aftermarket will take a while to catch up. But to have a factory option would be best as it won't compromise the warranty especially when mounting the cage to the body. I'm a late reservation holder so I'm hoping such an option is available for MY2022.
I have a Kargo Master Congo Cage for my JK. It spends most of it's time hanging from the garage ceiling because it is impossible to put the soft top up or down, and change tops without removing it. While it is useful for major expeditions, I don't think I'll be buying one for the Bronco. It is also noisy with a soft top.

Edit: one more bit of experience, my windshield pillars and rear corners are scratched from taking it on and off, no matter how careful I am with cardboard or blankets, etc.

Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) 9FB4CB73-389F-4C8F-8BE7-D970C9567700
Sponsored

Last edited:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And the FE only gets navy pier!!!

3AA354BB-053B-4601-B816-92A598327EC3.jpeg

CalPilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they don't offer anything on B &P, my husband has friends who do vinyl wrapping and I've already shown them a stripe design I like. They said they can do it in less than a day. I may go white and switch up the vinyl graphics every so often.
White is great with colored wrap accents and stripes. I’ve seen that done on a few Tacoma’s. The trick is finding a graphics design professional.

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish they had leaned a little more into the government look and put maybe Black Diamond wheels and standard grill/headlights. Especially since those already look cool af, no need to overplay it. We've already seen so many badlands+ builds this would have been a perfect time to showcase their lower trim options in a positive light.

I mean lets be real no ranger service is buying beadlocks.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The real pic just hit BN i dunno the lighting looks green ?

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Kargo Master Congo Cage for my JK. It spends most of it's time hanging from the garage ceiling because it is impossible to put the soft top up or down, and change tops without removing it. While it is useful for major expeditions, I don't think I'll be buying one for the Bronco. It is also noisy with a soft top.

Edit: one more bit of experience, my windshield pillars and rear corners are scratched from taking it on and off, no matter how careful I am with cardboard or blankets, etc.

Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) 3AA354BB-053B-4601-B816-92A598327EC3
This is good insight! As someone who never owned a jeep before, I don't know the quirks I should look out for when building my bronco

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good insight! As someone who never owned a jeep before, I don't know the quirks I should look out for when building my bronco
Alternative take:

I have the Kargo Master Congo Pro on my Jeep and I love it. The weight rating is significantly higher than just the hard top. I leave the hard top on most of the time, so I don’t have the same headaches the other poster does with removal and scratching.

That said, the pro model unbolts from itself at the top of the windshield hoop and can swing up on pivot points at the rear bumper, to give clearance for soft top action... I’ve never had any issues with scratching of paint, but it’s at least a two person job to move it.

It is certainly noisy from the wind, but so is everything else about my Jeep.

If you’re thinking about a soft top, or removing the hard top regularly, I would look at reviews of the different options, I know different makes and models of these skeleton racks go about addressing those things different and to different levels of effectiveness.

Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) 2157AC46-7E27-47D1-8B91-AD0D4BAE58A0

Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) 9AEA25E5-5C36-42BC-999F-36A4B500179C

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Insights and experiences will be the true value of this board once we all start getting vehicles. I look forward to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.