First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if they will have a filson version like the king ranch f150, that would be badass
Sponsored

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This from MotorTrend has kept me wishing and hoping for a green pickup option! Maybe on Gen2? :cool:

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 3.49.54 PM.png

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Up until 2 years ago, I spent 13 years working in Retail Clothing (Managing a call center for one of the largest clothing retailers in the US and world), and I've never heard of Filson. I've checked in with numerous friends and colleagues and nobody has heard of them.. so I am just curious why Ford is partnering with a no-name company with such poor brand recognition? Is there something I'm missing here?
It's advertising for both companies. Now you've heard of Filson. It worked.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Filson makes amazing clothing, and has a strong heritage, but isn't in an your face brand like mall brands, or typical outerwear brands (North Face, Patagonia, you name it). They produce clothes that you will hand down over generations because of their price and quality and many of their staple items have remained virtually unchanged for decades. Their history goes back to the late 1800s but they refer to themselves in marketing speak as a 120 year old start up. I take that as they market their products in a way that a start up clothing company would, and not with billboards with celebrities in every major city. They only have a handful of retail outlets and each one is unique in location and style. I know that still doesn't answer your question as to why Ford would align themselves with a brand with little recognition, but I think it's a mutually beneficial partnership for both brands.
They also have a lifetime warranty and repair center

Sponsored

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else find it odd that the color on the teased Bronco is approximately the same color as the sticky notes? Maybe they should call the color......."Sticky Note Green"!
Your picture made my day. Thank you.

"Yeah, that's me, taking the bull by the horns. It's how I handle business. It's a metaphor. But that actually happened, though."

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Up until 2 years ago, I spent 13 years working in Retail Clothing (Managing a call center for one of the largest clothing retailers in the US and world), and I've never heard of Filson. I've checked in with numerous friends and colleagues and nobody has heard of them.. so I am just curious why Ford is partnering with a no-name company with such poor brand recognition? Is there something I'm missing here?
They got their start making outdoor gear for people that work in the woods. In my line of work everyone knows Filson for their vests.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Filson makes their clothing here in the U.S.

This U.S. company was founded in 1897. Yes you can buy cheaper clothing made overseas. Enough said.

FTFRS

I never get this complaint. This is how it works. Ford isn't going to release all the features and changes immediately. So you wait to 2023. Then what? The 2025 might come with a new colour. They have to draw the line somewhere.

The FOMO is real. Early buyers aren't getting "screwed."
I wouldn't say early buyers are being screwed, because I understand that Ford can't release everything all at once. However, I would certainly say that we're being screwed with. Why do I say that? Because it's kind of shitty timing on Ford's part to be doing this type of tease if it's not going to be available for MY 2021 buyers.

If it's just going to be a one-off concept that shows how a Bronco could be built out aftermarket and there aren't options that will ever be available, then IMO this is not really the right time to tease them. The right time would have either been right away when they were announcing the overall Bronco concept, or wait until you have actual Broncos rolling off the line and into customers' driveways, then show off cool stuff like this to inspire people to build out their Broncos more.

If it's going to show off stuff that will eventually be available, say in MY 2022 or 23, they have plenty of time to show that stuff off later to build up hype again for new options for the future years of Broncos. Right now, 2 days before B&P for MY 2021 is not the right time to flaunt new 2022 and 23 options.

There are plenty of supposed options for MY 21 (200+ accessories?) that we don't know much about, or haven't even seen yet, that they could be teasing right now to build/maintain hype for 2021 instead. That's what they should be teasing right now, anything else is kind of screwing with people, and is detrimental IMO to hyping up 2021's.

BamaGrad

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The real move if they show it off and say we can’t have it, is to call a dealer and play dumb about it so they know there’s demand for it. “Hey, so uhh... I Where can I get one of them Filson Edition Broncos?”
Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) A69B8A7A-7C59-4574-927F-4A14B47FCD71

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Filson makes their clothing here in the U.S.

This U.S. company was founded in 1897. Yes you can buy cheaper clothing made overseas. Enough said.
"But I've never heard of them so therefore they're stupid."

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't say early buyers are being screwed, because I understand that Ford can't release everything all at once. However, I would certainly say that we're being screwed with.
This is an accurate correction to my post. Its really weird that they're teasing all of these things that may be available later when we're still at least 6 months out from the first Bronco delivery while we sit here and twiddle our thumbs

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had never heard of Filson either before it was being discussed here with the bronco. Looking at their prices, it seems like it would fit better with the new Hummer at 112k than the bronco. I’d rather have a Magellan shirt from Academy and an extra $50 in my pocket but that’s just me ???

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch this is Area51 under UV-damaged plastic trailer skylights...

I mean... I still want one more than I wanna keep both test--

Ford Bronco Filson Bronco Teasers (UPDATED With Full Vehicle Preview!) giphy - 2020-10-21T164946.004
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.