Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco FILSON Bronco Wildland Fire Rig Concept Revealed! 297BA942-8A93-48BC-9AFE-D0F14F085296

If nothing else I hope this safari top is available with the roll up “sunroof” panel. But I read that it used special Filson straps, and it is flame-retardant so I’m very doubtful. But ?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the accessories were designed for the specific concept in mind, the exo-cage cargo rack seems to have missed the point. Let me be clear, that it works for the specific concept. But the whole idea of an exo-cage is that it is "outside" of the body. The specific concept has no rear roof so it works to mount to the body at the back of the roll bar. But that mounting point is "inside" a would be roof. The front mount points are on the interior of the mirror cowls which allows for lights mounted on the cage to utilize interior wiring to mate with the wiring harness at the cowl.

Overall, I like the front mounting point and integrated wiring. The top rack isn't a huge basket, yet capable to hold a ton of crap. It would be nice to see a clamshell roof top tent that alleviate concerns of weight limitations on the Jenga roof carrier. Added bonus if it doesn't look like an oversized pizza delivery bag. The rear mount would have to be redesigned to allow for a roof.
The exo-cage cargo rack was what I was most anticipating out of the Filson reveal. Disappointed to see that it mounts above the rear quarter panel where the clam shell normally rests making it useless for most of us.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco FILSON Bronco Wildland Fire Rig Concept Revealed! 297BA942-8A93-48BC-9AFE-D0F14F085296

If nothing else I hope this safari top is available with the roll up “sunroof” panel. But I read that it used special Filson straps, and it is flame-retardant so I’m very doubtful. But ?
It is very cool!

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Additional footage here

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the accessories were designed for the specific concept in mind, the exo-cage cargo rack seems to have missed the point. Let me be clear, that it works for the specific concept. But the whole idea of an exo-cage is that it is "outside" of the body. The specific concept has no rear roof so it works to mount to the body at the back of the roll bar. But that mounting point is "inside" a would be roof. The front mount points are on the interior of the mirror cowls which allows for lights mounted on the cage to utilize interior wiring to mate with the wiring harness at the cowl.

Overall, I like the front mounting point and integrated wiring. The top rack isn't a huge basket, yet capable to hold a ton of crap. It would be nice to see a clamshell roof top tent that alleviate concerns of weight limitations on the Jenga roof carrier. Added bonus if it doesn't look like an oversized pizza delivery bag. The rear mount would have to be redesigned to allow for a roof.
I think I've seen some Jeep exo-cage racks that mount inside the cabin. People who want their top on, modify it by drilling holes so that the cage fit with the top on.

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like that interior.