Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man. Called it! Haha

Wow that interior. That part isn’t a concept. You don’t put that much work into it and not make that an option.

Best interior by far.
I hope you're right.

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

National Forest Foundation; Reveal Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig Concept

• Ford Bronco® brand and Filson, the rugged outdoor outfitter, join forces to celebrate wildland firefighters and support the National Forest Foundation, unveiling the Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept and limited-edition outdoor gear to help fund reforestation and forest preservation
  • Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept combines firefighting equipment with rugged materials crafted by Filson and pays tribute to decades of first responders who trusted Bronco SUVs, while serving as an inspiration for 4x4 fire and rescue vehicles
  • Ford and Bronco Wild Fund will donate two Broncos outfitted with firefighting equipment to help wildland fire personnel protect communities and vital natural resources
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 22, 2020 – Bronco® and Filson – two iconic American brands with long histories delivering in the outdoors – today announced they are joining forces to celebrate wildland firefighters and raise funds to help maintain and preserve America’s natural resources and National Forests.

“Ford and Filson share a unique history of helping protect our nation’s wildfire crews for more than a century and helping them access rugged areas of forests,” said Dave Rivers, Bronco marketing manager. “Today, we’re combining those strengths to support those who protect our natural resources as well as helping preserve our nation’s forests for future generations.”

The two companies will collaborate to raise funds in support of the National Forest Foundation’s reforestation programs and promote fire prevention awareness through limited-edition Bronco + Filson outdoor gear at Filson.comand via a custom Bronco Wildland Fire Rig concept vehicle inspired by vintage U.S. Forest Service Broncos and Filson’s iconic materials. The Fire Rig concept serves as a model of future firefighting rigs based on the all-new Bronco four-door.

The Bronco Wild Fund, which launched earlier this week, also will donate two Bronco four-door SUVs modeled after the Wildland Fire Rig concept to support forest firefighting crews who protect communities and defend vital natural resources.

The collaboration news comes during one of the most devastating U.S. fire seasons in history, with more than 7.5 million acres already ravaged. The Ford and Filson efforts honor the work of wildland firefighters – from federal, state, local and private teams.

Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept

Based on an all-new Bronco Badlands™ four-door SUV with available Sasquatch™ Package, the Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept blends rugged off-road capability and durable Filson materials to pay tribute to classic Bronco SUVs and the outdoor gear of the U.S. Forest Service.

“The Filson and Bronco collaboration was a natural fit, given the deep histories both brands have with the U.S. Forest Service dating back to the midcentury, when crews relied on the Filson Cruiser jackets and first-generation Broncos to reach remote terrain and protect them in harsh conditions,” said Doug Thielen, director of marketing at Filson. “Our resilient materials and innovative product designs are the perfect complement for the rugged Bronco SUV, and honor wildland firefighters who risk it all to protect our forests and natural resources.”

Featuring iconic Forest Service Green paint similar to the first-generation U.S. Forest Service Bronco, the concept includes a full fire skid with water tank in back and interior design elements made from classic Filson fabrics and accessories.

Up front, a modular steel bumper from Ford Performance is installed with a WARN® Zeon® 10s winch, while overhead, a heavy-duty custom fabricated roof rack with a RIGID® LED light bar is mounted to the Bronco SUV accessory-ready points on the side mirror arms and rear J-plate. It carries firefighting equipment including a Pulaski, shovel, water tanks and axes, and is strong enough to double as a firefighter lookout. The Kimtek® FIRELITE® Fire/Rescue Transport skid, with Hannay Reels® fire hose reel, Davey® high-pressure water pump and 50-gallon water tank, is mounted in back, while a STIHL® chainsaw, two hard hats, a high lift jack and Sure Seal® drip torch are latched to the skid.

Inside, signature Filson materials include tough otter green duck canvas door bolsters, armrests and seat trim surrounds, plus seating surfaces in quilted black leather inspired by Filson’s jacket lining, with embossed Bronco logo. Grab handles on the instrument panel and center console are painted in matching Filson otter green. Leveraging the utility of the Bronco bring-your-own device rack on the instrument panel, a CB radio is neatly mounted and takes advantage of the vehicle’s convenient power connection.

Fireproof ripstop nylon similar to that on Filson backpacks and briefcases is used for the bimini-style top and rear cargo area divider. The top can be opened, rolled back and secured by Filson bridle leather straps. Other materials providing long-term durability from the elements include Cerakote® ceramic coating on the wheels, custom fabricated roof rack and grille, as well as inside for the center console and instrument panel trim.

The steering wheel features a Bronco horse logo plated in Filson brass, while an embroidered Filson logo is mounted to the interior top and a similar logo is applied to the center console trim tag.

Ford Bronco FILSON Bronco Wildland Fire Rig Concept Revealed! 1603374733256

------------------------------------------------------------------

Peep this kids !

I want that green as a proper color option!!!

Sponsored

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone mentioned on the teaser thread, the color combo/over the top stripes should be left in the 70s IMO.

The interior on the other hand....

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh man. Called it! Haha

Wow that interior. That part isn’t a concept. You don’t put that much work into it and not make that an option.

Best interior by far.
I’d be very happy if that was the navy pier for my first edition.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If that interior is offered, my build just got significantly more expensive.
Here’s a thought...Legend mentioned decals...
If that green is available via vinyl I may need to swap to OW...
I have to go put my wallet on life support.

406BRONCO

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice looking rig, although the rhetoric of the video was meh... sorry but this whole idea of let's step in and "assist" mother nature by replanting AFTER forest fires is BS.. so somehow we can't go in and log and maintain the forests BEFORE it all burns, but by all means let's do it afterward.. so asinine.. the footage showing them planting in the midst of dead fall everywhere was laughable.. instead of planting a million new trees, why not protect the ones we have through forest management and thinning..? Sorry I will get off my soapbox now lol.. back to your regularly scheduled programming.. cyber orange is yellow, there are too many grey options, amb is too black, x plan pricing sucks, when am I actually gonna get my bronco, b&p will be a joke yada yada yada ?

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bimini top and cab divider are offered as options, I very well may switch to 4-door. That thing just looks incredible.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mike Levine said there were surprises coming out with B&P, right? Maybe it will be that interior because it is gorgeous.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That interior.... I must have it.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking rig, although the rhetoric of the video was meh... sorry but this whole idea of let's step in and "assist" mother nature by replanting AFTER forest fires is BS.. so somehow we can't go in and log and maintain the forests BEFORE it all burns, but by all means let's do it afterward.. so asinine.. the footage showing them planting in the midst of dead fall everywhere was laughable.. instead of planting a million new trees, why not protect the ones we have through forest management and thinning..? Sorry I will get off my soapbox now lol.. back to your regularly scheduled programming.. cyber orange is yellow, there are too many grey options, amb is too black, x plan pricing sucks, when am I actually gonna get my bronco, b&p will be a joke yada yada yada ?
Wow. Someone’s got their MAGA hat on too tight.
Forrest fires happen and planting trees is never a bad idea. They aren’t going to make a video about Forrest sweeping. Not the time or place.

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love the concept vehicle. Love the interior design. However, for the love of god no more blue interior. I mean it just
Limits your outside colors. While I agree it’s 100xs better than the navy pier leather. Blue sucks as an interior. Nobody says, hey love that blue interior of your car. I get Jeep often uses red and Ford is doing this blue thing, but it’s fugly. Stop the Blue Ford. Do grays, black, tan, or color combos without blue.
Sponsored