Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fireproof ripstop nylon similar to that on Filson backpacks and briefcases is used for the bimini-style top and rear cargo area divider. The top can be opened, rolled back and secured by Filson bridle leather straps.
And there are a grand total of 1 of those in existence right now with no current plans to make more, but I told Filson on the phone this morning that they need to start making them STAT and that Id pay $500 for one. And I dont even need it be fireproof!
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the interior. The proportions are throwing me off though. I saw the overland build and it looked awesome. Something about these pics make this thing look small and kinda silly looking.

wannabronco

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Tacoma, Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess that’s the green one covered up in the truck.
Yes Sir! I called it and I love the Filson interior. I am not in love with the green but would like to see it on a 2dr with a white top with that interior!!!! Please Ford make it happen!

Last edited:
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
National Forest Foundation; Reveal Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig Concept

• Ford Bronco® brand and Filson, the rugged outdoor outfitter, join forces to celebrate wildland firefighters and support the National Forest Foundation, unveiling the Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept and limited-edition outdoor gear to help fund reforestation and forest preservation
  • Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept combines firefighting equipment with rugged materials crafted by Filson and pays tribute to decades of first responders who trusted Bronco SUVs, while serving as an inspiration for 4x4 fire and rescue vehicles
  • Ford and Bronco Wild Fund will donate two Broncos outfitted with firefighting equipment to help wildland fire personnel protect communities and vital natural resources
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 22, 2020 – Bronco® and Filson – two iconic American brands with long histories delivering in the outdoors – today announced they are joining forces to celebrate wildland firefighters and raise funds to help maintain and preserve America’s natural resources and National Forests.

“Ford and Filson share a unique history of helping protect our nation’s wildfire crews for more than a century and helping them access rugged areas of forests,” said Dave Rivers, Bronco marketing manager. “Today, we’re combining those strengths to support those who protect our natural resources as well as helping preserve our nation’s forests for future generations.”

The two companies will collaborate to raise funds in support of the National Forest Foundation’s reforestation programs and promote fire prevention awareness through limited-edition Bronco + Filson outdoor gear at Filson.comand via a custom Bronco Wildland Fire Rig concept vehicle inspired by vintage U.S. Forest Service Broncos and Filson’s iconic materials. The Fire Rig concept serves as a model of future firefighting rigs based on the all-new Bronco four-door.

The Bronco Wild Fund, which launched earlier this week, also will donate two Bronco four-door SUVs modeled after the Wildland Fire Rig concept to support forest firefighting crews who protect communities and defend vital natural resources.

The collaboration news comes during one of the most devastating U.S. fire seasons in history, with more than 7.5 million acres already ravaged. The Ford and Filson efforts honor the work of wildland firefighters – from federal, state, local and private teams.

Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept

Based on an all-new Bronco Badlands™ four-door SUV with available Sasquatch™ Package, the Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concept blends rugged off-road capability and durable Filson materials to pay tribute to classic Bronco SUVs and the outdoor gear of the U.S. Forest Service.

“The Filson and Bronco collaboration was a natural fit, given the deep histories both brands have with the U.S. Forest Service dating back to the midcentury, when crews relied on the Filson Cruiser jackets and first-generation Broncos to reach remote terrain and protect them in harsh conditions,” said Doug Thielen, director of marketing at Filson. “Our resilient materials and innovative product designs are the perfect complement for the rugged Bronco SUV, and honor wildland firefighters who risk it all to protect our forests and natural resources.”

Featuring iconic Forest Service Green paint similar to the first-generation U.S. Forest Service Bronco, the concept includes a full fire skid with water tank in back and interior design elements made from classic Filson fabrics and accessories.

Up front, a modular steel bumper from Ford Performance is installed with a WARN® Zeon® 10s winch, while overhead, a heavy-duty custom fabricated roof rack with a RIGID® LED light bar is mounted to the Bronco SUV accessory-ready points on the side mirror arms and rear J-plate. It carries firefighting equipment including a Pulaski, shovel, water tanks and axes, and is strong enough to double as a firefighter lookout. The Kimtek® FIRELITE® Fire/Rescue Transport skid, with Hannay Reels® fire hose reel, Davey® high-pressure water pump and 50-gallon water tank, is mounted in back, while a STIHL® chainsaw, two hard hats, a high lift jack and Sure Seal® drip torch are latched to the skid.

Inside, signature Filson materials include tough otter green duck canvas door bolsters, armrests and seat trim surrounds, plus seating surfaces in quilted black leather inspired by Filson’s jacket lining, with embossed Bronco logo. Grab handles on the instrument panel and center console are painted in matching Filson otter green. Leveraging the utility of the Bronco bring-your-own device rack on the instrument panel, a CB radio is neatly mounted and takes advantage of the vehicle’s convenient power connection.

Fireproof ripstop nylon similar to that on Filson backpacks and briefcases is used for the bimini-style top and rear cargo area divider. The top can be opened, rolled back and secured by Filson bridle leather straps. Other materials providing long-term durability from the elements include Cerakote® ceramic coating on the wheels, custom fabricated roof rack and grille, as well as inside for the center console and instrument panel trim.

The steering wheel features a Bronco horse logo plated in Filson brass, while an embroidered Filson logo is mounted to the interior top and a similar logo is applied to the center console trim tag.

Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-10.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-7.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-8.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-9.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-12.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-14.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-13.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-11.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-15.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-20.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-19.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-18.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-17.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-16.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-6.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-4.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-5.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-1.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-3.jpg
Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig-Concept-2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

Peep this kids !

Four days ago I had never heard of Filson. Tonight I might buy a Filson vest.

I'm such a sucker....

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
was a comparison... hmmm is this photoshopped or not? :unsure:
What are you even talking about? Why are you answering for him? Lmao. Nobody is talking about whatever photo he has or created. He derided the Bronco battalion person multiple times for photoshopping the Bronco in the trailer because he knows photoshop and it was fake. So yeah this photo whatever it is supposed to prove has nothing to do with anything.

Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I really appreciate Ford knowing how to make a great interior and then not make it available for purchase/selection for ordering. Cool concept, but Id rather them stop Fu**ing around with concepts and fix the interior on the FE, you know... the thing that you're actually going to sell and make some money on.

Geniuses over at Ford, let me tell ya.

If that interior is an option tonight for B&P, I would probably crap my pants.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you even talking about? Why are you answering for him? Lmao. Nobody is talking about whatever photo he has or created. He derided the Bronco battalion person multiple times for photoshopping the Bronco in the trailer because he knows photoshop and it was fake. So yeah this photo whatever it is supposed to prove has nothing to do with anything.
i take everything back because now i'm really confused... ?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i take everything back because now i'm really confused... ?
Lol all good. He was a dick to them multiple times calling them out for their obvious fake photoshop photo. So I was just poking fun at him for doing that.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes to maintain ALL the forest area would be nearly impossible, however they could focus on heavily populated areas 1st. They already messed with nature by building these towns in the mountains- so now it's their responsibility to maintain them. Much like an arborist has to thin trees on a scheduled basis, or fruit orchards maintain their trees by lopping off unproductive limbs, competing limbs etc in order to have healthy trees and a high yield. I'm sure we all mow our grass regularly and maintain our landscaping at our homes, why is the forest any different? People act like you can't touch them because everything has a symbiotic relationship etc, and that's true to a point, but trees are actually very competitive for sunlight, nutrients etc.. not to mention the dead undergrowth that blocks sunlight for newly planted trees.. I have several close friends who lost everything in the camp fire in paradise, and now this year in oregon as well. I'm sure they all wish the forest had been maintained and there was a plan in place to create a defensible space around the towns. Climate change no doubt has an effect as well- but to combat that will take several lifetimes and it would take every country in the world buying in and making changes. In the meantime there are real life ways to protect the here and now, and it is not by hugging trees and planting new ones, it's by management.. or maybe I'm all wrong and full of hot air ?
You’re not wrong and people do this around their homes but this is just part of the problem. However, you have forced me to do this, Ralph.

Ford Bronco FILSON Bronco Wildland Fire Rig Concept Revealed! CCF48102-5219-4F3E-B1AE-85E073B31A4F

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A part of me thinks that had Ford skipped all this marketing crap the rollout would've been much smoother.

Sponsored

scape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
kind of want to do this mini bed but behind the back seats with a zipper canvas and vinyl clear window.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2013-06-08-08.33.021-1024x577.jpg

i seen far too many DIY's just like this. i guess he doesn't surf fish because it's mounted in front.
My comment was about the angle of the rod holders on the concept bronco. It was angled toward the windshield so if you leave a lure on your rig like most anglers do it can easily get dislodged and scratch the shit out of your hood. However if your 4x4 is beat to shit like the photo you found then of course it wouldn't matter.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its nice they donate the proceeds from that bag, but the dimensions are pretty tight and it has no pockets at all for $350?

I'm sure it looks great and is well made.

I'd be more interested in a bronco wet/dry bag.
Yep, I was thinking along the lines of a Patagonia duffle bag with a bronco cross promotional logo. Still high quality, but actually usable and high quality at a reasonable price.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really digging that rack - wonder about the weight limits with the cowl and bumper mount - and the look of the roof without the rear clamshell.
Looks great overall.
Sponsored