Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.

update 1,

It's done, Rubicon diesel owner. I will keep my bronco order and make a choice when they fix the hardtop issues.

Update 2,
Got the call today that my bronco has arrived. I got to take it on two really long test drives and about 45 mins of combing over the vehicle. I had to trade the jeep and take my order Bronco. Some major points that made my mind up.

pro's
THE DRIVING DYNAMICS, they are so much better than the Rubicon. it's tracks so straight and is really quite. The 2.7t is quick not fast. It has plenty of power and torque. The seats are hands down more comfortable over the wrangler JL, MGV feels very classy. exterior looks like it's much easier to clean or wash after getting muddy or dirty. Tons of places for stones and dirt to collect on JL fenders, hood vents and painted body moldings.

con's
Radio, stereo is very disappointing. I"m not a huge audio guy but it's subpar for 50k vehicle. plastics on dash is kinda cheap compared to the wranglers dash, not a real biggie just a note. No option for the SKY style roof. This was most definitely the most missed option from the JL i can't get on a bronco. But in the end it wasn't worth giving up the bronco. I hope everyone finds the same joy and excitement from their bronco experience. Seems to worth the wait.

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1629847780975

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear bronco jeep front

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear bronco jeep side
Sponsored

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Here is what you do.
Change your build to a BB 2.7 tow pretty lights and leave the hard top.
Make it Race Red cuz no one wants Cactus Grey 🤮

Then Jump!

I'll take the Bronco when it comes in. 😁

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Jump!

Is that a strong breeze I feel?

JUMP!!!

kidding!

Seriously though, my wife almost made me buy a Niro. We're getting desperate around here.
Step back from the edge, wait for the Bronco.

Ts3794

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Afraid of 1st year issues?
did you do your diesel research! Basically 1yr in this unit

not sure diesel is a big seller….
don’t get me wrong, I’ve owned 4 diesels (in correct application)

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had an RS. Loved that car hated the seats though. Go drive the wrangler and see how you like it. If you do then buy it. I can tell you with absolute certainty the bronco will drive better down the road than wrangler.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Omg, are you ok??!

You have a VIN… and you’re complaining that “tHe WaIt iS tOo LoNg”… *sigh*

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Afraid of 1st year issues?
did you do your diesel research! Basically 1yr in this unit

not sure diesel is a big seller….
don’t get me wrong, I’ve owned 4 diesels (in correct application)
it's the same diesel they use in the ram, and i'm not worried about the 2.7t, just the complete package the 1st year vehicles have. Some examples we have seen already, wind noise, top issues, 10spd trans in explorer. Trust me I'm trying to find a reason not to do this but ford has really screwed the pooch on this launch and I've really held on with 3 delays in in production dates. I'm know that a 2021 might be a bastard in the 2nd hand market.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No don't jump *voice trails off** we love you nnn stuff......

Tbh.. A diesel JL was my first choice before bronco. When jeep came out they only have 2 doors. Now they have the four door and gladiator diesel.. So not a bad choice of bailing out on. Now if u wanted to jump for a prius or a van well we may just need to have a sit down.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take the 2020 on a nice long drive on the highway and see if it has the steering issue that 2020s are known for.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it's the same diesel they use in the ram, and i'm not worried about the 2.7t, just the complete package the 1st year vehicles have. Some examples we have seen already, win noise, top issues, 10spd trans in explorer. Trust me I'm trying to find a reason not to do this but ford has really screwed the pooch on this launch and I've really held on with 3 delays in in production dates. I'm know that a 2021 might be a bastard in the 2nd hand market.
Wind noise? Yeah well people who've never driven anything but a luxury car will complain if the door closes too hard.

And it's a hard top! Look at all of us assholes who switched to a soft top because we either wanted a Bronco, or were worried our current vehicles wouldn't last much longer. I would've waited the extra 2-3 months (like you probably will) if it meant I was getting a hard top!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the 2020 on a nice long drive on the highway and see if it has the steering issue that 2020s are known for.
There’s a TSB for that. Just had mine fixed last week. Rock solid steering now.