Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not an issue in FL...no cliffs.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Depending on how much you drive, those 15k miles may represent a lot of life of the vehicle gone!

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an RS. Loved that car hated the seats though. Go drive the wrangler and see how you like it. If you do buy it. I can tell you with absolute certainty the bronco will drive better down the road than wrangler.
I took it home last night, wife and i went for a drive. Everyone knows the wranglers drive like a drunk sailor. The torque on the diesel was really nice, fuel economy was also a bonus. My mom and dad have had bronco's and jeeps growing up so no brand fan one way or another. Winter time is coming in PA and I don't want to drive my 2500 as a daily for another winter, it's a pure work truck with a diesel, and crank windows and manual door locks, am fm radio, not even blue tooth. I feel like I'm camping.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

everyone wants to be in your shoes right now (hard top with a VIN). Just rent a jeep over the weekend here and there until it comes in.

Sponsored

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.
Jump... still take delivery and flip for $5-10k

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an RS. Loved that car hated the seats though. Go drive the wrangler and see how you like it. If you do buy it. I can tell you with absolute certainty the bronco will drive better down the road than wrangler.
seats are tight for me, but the wife loves them. We are about to run out of powertrain on her RS. We have had the Head, head gasket, PTU and now RDU replaced, she's like "we should be good right?" Yea we should be good :cautious:

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

everyone wants to be in your shoes right now (hard top with a VIN). Just rent a jeep over the weekend here and there until it comes in.
Yes that might be the temporary solution. We talked about it last night.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to have to make this decision next May as I don't think my Bronco will be around until 2023. Spending next summer on a mountain though...

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I took it home last night, wife and i went for a drive. Everyone knows the wranglers drive like a drunk sailor. The torque on the diesel was really nice, fuel economy was also a bonus. My mom and dad have had bronco's and jeeps growing up so no brand fan one way or another. Winter time is coming in PA and I don't want to drive my 2500 as a daily for another winter, it's a pure work truck with a diesel, and crank windows and manual door locks, am fm radio, not even blue tooth. I feel like I'm camping.
Check to see if the steering box is the updated one. They were installing aluminum ones which suck. The new cast iron help out tremendously. Also check out synergy sector shaft brace that helps out a lot.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Of course get the Jeep. It's a no brainer. Someone here will be happy to get your Bronco. 😁

This is a normal decision. What will you look back and be happy you did a year from now.

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all that is a solid deal, i sold my 2019 skytouch rubicon v6 for 50 to a dealer and this has more equipment than mine. You would love the sky touch top, i loved mine.

BUT, it does not drive NOWHERE as good as the bronco. I feel like a year for now you would have buyers remorse. I love my bronco. My wife only went 1/2 mile riding in it and noticed the ride difference. Everyone else that has road in it has said the same. GET OFF THE LEDGE, you ve waited this long, go ahead and wait. Here's a pic of my jeep before I sold it

Screenshot_20210803-121840_Gallery.jpg

Last edited: