Sponsored

Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it. Talk me off the cliff. Final Choice is clear

Oh2Bbad

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.

update,

It's done, Rubicon diesel owner. I will keep my bronco order and make a choice when they fix the hardtop issues.

1629847780975.png
Congrats and I get it, We are going looking at Range Rover defender, I know more money
but I can actually get one. Sad long time Ford guy and seems Ford doesn't care, beased on lack of any real communication.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been a first day reservation hold, I have a vin and production date 8/30, however my build is a mic top. Dealer and bronco support won't give me a date and time if my production delay or estimated delivery.(i understand why) I found a locally traded 2020 Rubicon diesel, 15k miles sky top, metal bumpers, leather, 8.4 uconnect, ACC, and cold weather in the dark green color had a 65k MSRP sticker, The dealer is selling it with in 2k of my MSRP Bronco. which is mid 50's. Seems like a solid deal. I'm really at odds wife doesn't care, she is so tried of the delays and said we have had a lot of issues with our first year 2016 focus RS. She said do you want to deal with that? She's got a point.

update,

It's done, Rubicon diesel owner. I will keep my bronco order and make a choice when they fix the hardtop issues.

1629847780975.png
Wait--all these people keep saying Jeeps hold their value and used ones always sell for close to new ones. So where did this huge discount come from? šŸ˜†

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

update,

1629847780975.png
Good looking Rubi. Enjoy

Rubley750

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door 7mt Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the same decision 2 months ago and Iā€™m enjoying my new diesel rubicon. Iā€™m a late November reservation holder so I k ow my bronco wonā€™t be available till later next year. Weā€™ve already enjoyed the Jeep enough to justify the purchase even if itā€™s only for a year. Hope you enjoy yours!!
Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear BB1D8474-2EEB-4DA9-B3EA-866834573F97

Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take the 2020 on a nice long drive on the highway and see if it has the steering issue that 2020s are known for.
Death wobble? Or something like that.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Death wobble? Or something like that.
Some owners complain of the excessive steering wonder. You just need to take it for a nice long test drive to see if the steering is suitable to you

OP
OP
jclaypool83

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

final update posted on first post!

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been a year and a month since my reservation and almost a year (2 weeks to go) since I had a deposit down on an order. Was pushed to a 2022 in October. OK. In production 1/18/22 with 2/11/22 delivery, pushed back to 5/12/22. Getting pretty tired of waiting and delays, but what real alternatives are there? Sorry Jeep guys, don't like Jeeps, never have. I even looked at a Defender. With similar options to my ordered big Bend, the MSRP goes from 38K to 57K. And no manual tranny option, and expensive maint. costs, and their website tells you right up front, chip shortages. sigh...

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been a year and a month since my reservation and almost a year (2 weeks to go) since I had a deposit down on an order. Was pushed to a 2022 in October. OK. In production 1/18/22 with 2/11/22 delivery, pushed back to 5/12/22. Getting pretty tired of waiting and delays, but what real alternatives are there? Sorry Jeep guys, don't like Jeeps, never have. I even looked at a Defender. With similar options to my ordered big Bend, the MSRP goes from 38K to 57K. And no manual tranny option, and expensive maint. costs, and their website tells you right up front, chip shortages. sigh...
Hang in there. After lots of bumps, I finally received mine and absolutely love it (basesquatch). It had some delivery damage, so itā€™s back at the dealer for repair - driving a couple of other vehicles while I wait and they feel so ā€œboringā€ - hard to explain, but the Bronco is just so much ā€œfun.ā€

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait--all these people keep saying Jeeps hold their value and used ones always sell for close to new ones. So where did this huge discount come from? šŸ˜†
Huge discount? He bought a year old Wrangler with 15K miles for 2K over his mid 50K Bronco. Average vehicle depreciation in a first year is over 20%, this is 8-9% better than that.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know, if GM would come out with a REAL Blazer (based on full size Silverado, 400 hp LS V8, manual trans option, removable top)....I'd have to think long and hard about making the switch.

Not a Wrangler fan.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@timhood
@DealerInsider hooked me up on my gladiator. I got an even better deal than I would have on the Bronco. I will highly recommend Tom and is his team every chance I can get. If you can't get your Bronco, or are sick of waiting, talk to him about other options.
HE WILL TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOU.

Thank you again Tom.

My Gladiator is what would be considered an equivalent build to a Lux Badlands Bronco 4 door and I love it. The utility of the Gladiator just can't be beat, I can have 4 People in it, Load the bed up and have a Roof Top Tent and still Tow almost 7400lbs which is more than enough for my 18' Trailer loaded with my 2004 TJ Rubicon.

It even has a Color Matched Hard Top. Take that Ford!!
šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1645296866642

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1645296919713

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1645296951458

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1645296979437

Ford Bronco Final Update: Boys, I might have to do it.  Talk me off the cliff.  Final Choice is clear 1645297381752

I would like thank Ford for getting me back into 4wheeling and be so freaking stupid in this entire process, that they literally made me buy NOT 1, but 2 of their competing vehicles.

So while a bunch of people are still waiting, I have been out Rock Crawling and Camping.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Fiat diesel proven to be a failure. Loads of info out there on them.
Same could be said about the Bronco 2.7 engine.

But in reality, issues are small numbers for both, but high lighted on forums
Sponsored