Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been following this thread for awhile...I am okay with some parts of a vehicle getting replaced at a dealer level as needed by possible warranty issues...engine replacement is not one of them....I have personally experienceed and learned of many instances of the vehicles with repaired/replaced motord experiencing multiple issues down the road. I do really feel badly for the people that have waited, in some cases a year or longer to get a new bronco, then find out its' most important part must be replaced. I have been waiting over a year and my bronco is suppose to arrive soon (maybe this month) but I do not want a problem vehicle or one that I cannot trust on long trips, campiing, off roading, etc.

I understand the mileage and number of delivered broncos wont reveal much...but I am hopeful that the issue may be confinned to a date range ...again---sorry to those already with failed engines ...I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Is there any indication that Broncos with 2.7 built in Dec 21 may not experience this issue?

Thank you ---

Sponsored

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been following this thread for awhile...I am okay with some parts of a vehicle getting replaced at a dealer level as needed by possible warranty issues...engine replacement is not one of them....I have personally experienceed and learned of many instances of the vehicles with repaired/replaced motord experiencing multiple issues down the road. I do really feel badly for the people that have waited, in some cases a year or longer to get a new bronco, then find out its' most important part must be replaced. I have been waiting over a year and my bronco is suppose to arrive soon (maybe this month) but I do not want a problem vehicle or one that I cannot trust on long trips, campiing, off roading, etc.

I understand the mileage and number of delivered broncos wont reveal much...but I am hopeful that the issue may be confinned to a date range ...again---sorry to those already with failed engines ...I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Is there any indication that Broncos with 2.7 built in Dec 21 may not experience this issue?

Thank you ---
Not yet!

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thank you ---
What kind of serious problems did you have with new engines, and how long after the replacement did they happen?

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're lucky you got a rental. Most the other people with failures got shafted on that even. Get your engine build date if possible so we can compare it to the others as a data point.

Engine Code Information Label

The engine code information label, located on the rear of the vacuum pump and on the LH valve cover, contains the following:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

ItemDescription
1Engine plant
2Drive type
3Vehicle line
4Engine displacement
5Engine part number
6Engine build date YYDDD (DDD=Julian Date [001-365])
Can u help explain from my bronco build

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're lucky you got a rental. Most the other people with failures got shafted on that even. Get your engine build date if possible so we can compare it to the others as a data point.

Engine Code Information Label

The engine code information label, located on the rear of the vacuum pump and on the LH valve cover, contains the following:

ItemDescription
1Engine plant
2Drive type
3Vehicle line
4Engine displacement
5Engine part number
6Engine build date YYDDD (DDD=Julian Date [001-365])
Can ya help decifer this .

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh thank you . Makes sense now .
It’s called a Julian date. I used to sell beer for a living and a lot of imports used it for their expiration dates. Not that Heineken tastes any different a year after it was brewed but it’s helpful at the grocery store.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious why the turbos needed replacing? Did they fail or was the metal in the oil thought to possibly have damaged them?
Sponsored