manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks in advance for the help.

Mid-package: I notice it has heated seats and outlets in backseat, any other features that make it a must have? Does it make opening the doors easier? IE with keys in pocket.

Upgraded rims to 33": AT or MT tire? It seems like the MT looks much wider/bigger on the configurator, but the specs are the same?
Is one tire considered better than the other? AT is probably better for every day driving, but MT looks better on the configurator.
Is one better for snow/ice?

Sound deadening headliner: Is that worth it?

Hitch: Does it only come with the towing package?
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid-package: I notice it has heated seats and outlets in backseat, any other features that make it a must have? Does it make opening the doors easier? IE with keys in pocket.

Upgraded rims to 33": AT or MT tire? It seems like the MT looks much wider/bigger on the configurator, but the specs are the same?
Is one tire considered better than the other? AT is probably better for every day driving, but MT looks better on the configurator.

Mid package is a bargain at $1495 and includes many nice features. Dual A/C, auto rearview, BLIS, reverse sense, intelligent access are great features.

BFG AT is well known and liked by many. MT is a new tire, so nobody really knows.

Headliner is easy to buy and add later.

Hitch only comes with tow package. As far as we know, the tow package only includes the hitch and wiring.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm getting a Badlands too. The most important Mid Pkg feature to me is intelligent access which I've had for 7 years. The door will open with a handle pull if the key is in your pocket which is super convenient.

I'm also upgrading the rims to the beadlock capable w/carbonized grey beauty rings ($995). I'm on the fence about the tire upgrade ($695). The upgraded Goodyear Territory tires are the same size as the standard BFG TA K02. The configurator isn't working properly for this upgrade because it shows the Sasquatch 35" Goodyear Territory, instead of the 33" Badlands Territory. Folks love the K02s, so this is a good way to save $695 on the build. I think the Territory looks a little better and it has been designed specifically for this vehicle, so that's a plus. Either way, you'll be happy.

I would get the sound deadening, but it is not available on 4Dr Badlands with 2.7L engine because of weight limitations.

The hitch receiver is around $600. That's expensive. You can get one yourself for half this price.

Attached pics are optional Badlands 33" Territory

my blue badlands.jpg

white BL side n back.jpg

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting a Badlands too. The most important Mid Pkg feature to me is intelligent access which I've had for 7 years. The door will open with a handle pull if the key is in your pocket which is super convenient.

I'm also upgrading the rims to the beadlock capable w/carbonized grey beauty rings ($995). I'm on the fence about the tire upgrade ($695). The upgraded Goodyear Territory tires are the same size as the standard BFG TA K02. The configurator isn't working properly for this upgrade because it shows the Sasquatch 35" Goodyear Territory, instead of the 33" Badlands Territory. Folks love the K02s, so this is a good way to save $695 on the build. I think the Territory looks a little better and it has been designed specifically for this vehicle, so that's a plus. Either way, you'll be happy.

I would get the sound deadening, but it is not available on 4Dr Badlands with 2.7L engine because of weight limitations.

The hitch receiver is around $600. That's expensive. You can get one yourself for half this price.

Attached pics are optional Badlands 33" Territory

my blue badlands.jpg

white BL side n back.jpg
The only unknowns about adding an aftermarket class 3 hitch is tying into the electrical system for lighting and how well a class-3 receiver is going to integrate with the rear bumper. The tow package has the harness built in and is integrated with the bumper.

With modern cars and lighting, hacking into the wiring harness can through trouble codes and affect electrical operation of various lighting systems. Hopefully the aftermarket comes up with a plug and play solution.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only unknowns about adding an aftermarket class 3 hitch is tying into the electrical system for lighting and how well a class-3 receiver is going to integrate with the rear bumper. The tow package has the harness built in and is integrated with the bumper.

With modern cars and lighting, hacking into the wiring harness can through trouble codes and affect electrical operation of various lighting systems. Hopefully the aftermarket comes up with a plug and play solution.
Is the bronco class 3? Why did I think it was class 2

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

BFG AT KO2 should be better in snow/ice as it’s an all terrain. Here’s a good video review of the tire

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with you on cutting into the harness. I will spend the $75 on a plug in harness (I know there isn’t one yet, but it seems unlikely there won’t be one). I will also take the hit on clearance for a class III hitch. The muffler does look like a pita to work around, but hopefully a well engineered option comes available. The stock hitch is just not useful for much and I have a mental block using something bolted just to the rear cross member. I am also good going AM on the headliner. “Hotheads” seems like a good company and it should be less expensive than stock. I will probably buy the factory roof rails as a DIO and hopefully get z plan pricing. It’s the only “cost cutting” I seem able to accomplish in my BL build ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mid package: includes rear camera, and backup warnings. Nannies aside, the backup camera is useful for trailering single handed, and on the trail.

My wife would say lighted vanity mirrors (my JK has no vanity mirrors).

Headliner: they are good to have - but you can save a couple hundred bucks and do it yourself aftermarket.

Towing package: all we know is it includes an overpriced receiver (I.e., only comes with the package) and 7 pin wiring. No controller. Nothing about bigger alternator or cooling. The Trailer Sway Control comes standard according to the specs (i.e., not tied to the tow package). You can probably save $300 here too.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mid package: includes rear camera, and backup warnings. Nannies aside, the backup camera is useful for trailering single handed, and on the trail.

My wife would say lighted vanity mirrors (my JK has no vanity mirrors).

Headliner: they are good to have - but you can save a couple hundred bucks and do it yourself aftermarket.

Towing package: all we know is it includes an overpriced receiver (I.e., only comes with the package) and 7 pin wiring. No controller. Nothing about bigger alternator or cooling. The Trailer Sway Control comes standard according to the specs (i.e., not tied to the tow package). You can probably save $300 here too.
All new cars in all trims have backup cameras by law now.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All new cars in all trims have backup cameras by law now.
So I guess the difference is guidelines - which is still more helpful in the trailer and trail cases.
Ford Bronco Finalizing my Badlands Build - a couple of questions CB412D69-DD86-45A9-8E8A-8645C4E6DA0C

(Edit) There is a lot of nice to have stuff in Mid. I am debating High or not, and Lux does not seem worth the money for what you get, but Mid seems well worth the value.

It is odd to me that Mid includes auto headlamps, but doesn’t include garage door openers, but I am guessing the lawyers had a say in putting what reduces liability the most into Mid and High vs Lux.

Last edited:

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won’t the factory version of the sound deadening headliner be cleaner and look better though? What is a comparable with the wrangler?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the bronco class 3? Why did I think it was class 2
It is class II. Someone mentioned that an aftermarket Class III receiver will eventually be available for the New Bronco. Ford has rated the New Bronco at $3,500 pounds, which is max. for a Class II. Adding a Class III could be dangerous.
Sponsored