Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I finally had enough and after calling over 50 dealerships I found one who wasn’t insanely marking up. I’m walking away with a 4 door outer banks, 2.3l soft top, mid package, carbonized gray. My og order was BD cactus gray, 2.3l, soft top, mid package. Which build date now of 3/7 and we all know ford could keep pushing back!

Has anyone kept their original order and either takes that one and sells it? Or just cancel it??
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If possible, Keep the reservation, pick it up, sell the one you're least satisfied with. You've waited this long, may as well ride it out. You will not lose on either one.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess it depends on what you really want. They both have the same soft top, engine and mid package. Is there a huge difference in what you paid for the OBX versus what you will pay for the BD?

The BD will have the washout floors and mgv seats, along with skid plates and hd or capable bumper (so not plastic). Your current Bronco does not have those things. If they are important to you, then I would keep the one you have until the BD is ready, and then sell the OBX and buy the BD. I don't think you will have a problem selling the OBX when the BD arrives.

Of course, maybe you are happy with the OBX, and if that is the case keep that one. Sorry, I'm not much help 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess it depends on what you really want. They both have the same soft top, engine and mid package. Is there a huge difference in what you paid for the OBX versus what you will pay for the BD?

The BD will have the washout floors and mgv seats, along with skid plates and hd or capable bumper (so not plastic). Your current Bronco does not have those things. If they are important to you, then I would keep the one you have until the BD is ready, and then sell the OBX and buy the BD. I don't think you will have a problem selling the OBX when the BD arrives.

Of course, maybe you are happy with the OBX, and if that is the case keep that one. Sorry, I'm not much help 🤷‍♀️
No no that was helpful. You’re right I guess I can enjoy what I have now and wait to see mine in person. I figure I could still sell whatever one and not lose any money

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If possible, Keep the reservation, pick it up, sell the one you're least satisfied with. You've waited this long, may as well ride it out. You will not lose on either one.
Yeah I think that makes the most sense!

Sponsored

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We picked up a dealer demo and will just patiently wait for our order. When our ordered Bronco comes in we will decide what to do then. Ours is a soft top and we ordered a hard top, but it’s nice to live with the soft top to see if we like it. Either way it’s been a blast owning one long before we expected to.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We picked up a dealer demo and will just patiently wait for our order. When our ordered Bronco comes in we will decide what to do then. Ours is a soft top and we ordered a hard top, but it’s nice to live with the soft top to see if we like it. Either way it’s been a blast owning one long before we expected to.
I live in CT, and was a little worried about the soft top. I quickly got over that after taking possession. Now, I don’t think I’d really like it any other way. The soft top, for me, has exceeded all my expectations. I’ve had multiple rag tops over the years, this is one of the best.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulation Tamara. Enjoy the ride

BTW, if that Concord is in N.C. I'll be watching out for you. :)

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thursday night our local Volvo dealer listed a used ‘21 OBX, 500 miles, SAS, 4-door, antimatter blue!, tow, aux, switches, modular bumper, with cloth roast interior. This happens to be the EXACT build I had originally done as a day 1 res holder. They listed it for $61,700. $7,900 over my current identical build except now Velocity Blue and no tow. I called Friday morning and…it was already gone. Dealer said it was one of the fastest turn around she had ever seen.

I had considered buying it, keeping my 3/28 scheduled build, and selling one or the other once it actually does get built. It was the cheapest similarly equipped OBX on the market in the United States…at $61,700!

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thursday night our local Volvo dealer listed a used ‘21 OBX, 500 miles, SAS, 4-door, antimatter blue!, tow, aux, switches, modular bumper, with cloth roast interior. This happens to be the EXACT build I had originally done as a day 1 res holder. They listed it for $61,700. $7,900 over my current identical build except now Velocity Blue and no tow. I called Friday morning and…it was already gone. Dealer said it was one of the fastest turn around she had ever seen.

I had considered buying it, keeping my 3/28 scheduled build, and selling one or the other once it actually does get built. It was the cheapest similarly equipped OBX on the market in the United States…at $61,700!
Damn yeah I got lucky with mine. It was technically only like 3k markup OBX under 50k. I did pay an extra $20 a month for the extra maintenance which I think is worth it

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I finally had enough and after calling over 50 dealerships I found one who wasn’t insanely marking up. I’m walking away with a 4 door outer banks, 2.3l soft top, mid package, carbonized gray. My og order was BD cactus gray, 2.3l, soft top, mid package. Which build date now of 3/7 and we all know ford could keep pushing back!

Has anyone kept their original order and either takes that one and sells it? Or just cancel it??
I did the same thing back in Aug due to my 2.7 hardtop BL high getting bumped so many times I couldnt count and my dealership not being able to guarantee me that mine would actually get built. So I bought a base 2.3 badlands manual..... Fast forward to Jan. Mine finally showed up and I traded the one I bought in August in on my original order. For 3k more than I had into it. Now I'm happy and finally with my original order and I made myself a bit better off in the deal at the same time. So hold onto your original order... If you still want it. There may be a little bonus to be made as well. 🙃
Sponsored