Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So after having the same nice long wait that many of you have had, I finally caved in and changed my order to a soft top. Ford gave me time to think, and that I did.

I figured if I was going to change to a soft top I might as well take care of anything else that I was on the fence about. That lead me down a rabbit hole and now I've done a complete 180 on my build. Went from a heavily constrained Wildtrak hardtop down to a pretty plain Jane mansquatch Big Bend. Best part of the decision was while on the phone with my dealer I was told my new build combined w/ my early timestamp should get the truck to me much much sooner. I know the implications of "my dealer said", but it's still nice to hear it from them.

Anybody else make the convert to a soft top, if so was it worth it? If anyone made the change and pulled constraints, did you receive a build date quick afterwards?

Not looking for a crystal ball with my build date, just looking to see what other's experiences have been.
Sponsored

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to a soft top when I converted to MY22. Got scheduled on 10/28 originally for 12/20 build and an currently bumped to 1/03.

Had been hoping for April with MIC. So far, no regrets.

Deadlast76

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So after having the same nice long wait that many of you have had, I finally caved in and changed my order to a soft top. Ford gave me time to think, and that I did.

I figured if I was going to change to a soft top I might as well take care of anything else that I was on the fence about. That lead me down a rabbit hole and now I've done a complete 180 on my build. Went from a heavily constrained Wildtrak hardtop down to a pretty plain Jane mansquatch Big Bend. Best part of the decision was while on the phone with my dealer I was told my new build combined w/ my early timestamp should get the truck to me much much sooner. I know the implications of "my dealer said", but it's still nice to hear it from them.

Anybody else make the convert to a soft top, if so was it worth it? If anyone made the change and pulled constraints, did you receive a build date quick afterwards?

Not looking for a crystal ball with my build date, just looking to see what other's experiences have been.
You'll have a build date the next scheduling assuming you're not with one of those small town dealers that sells 1 car a month.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kept my order the way it was except switched to a soft top. I am so glad I switched to a soft top, it is so easy to open and close. Helps that I live in Florida weather wise haha. Good luck on getting your bronco soon OP!!!

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i did something similiar - went from a fully loaded badlands with MIC, down to a BigManSquatch with soft top, only other option is aux switches. Hoping i get a '22 with my late res date. good luck!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to a soft top and love it. I’m really glad I was “forced” to switch. It’s so easy to drop, that it makes it they way to go for me. I wouldn’t switch other things you want though…keep the rest exactly as you want it…as long as you are going soft top and your dealer has solid allocation, you should get scheduled.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dunno, from what I'm reading, people are very unhappy with the saggy window soft top. I know that you want yours sooner and it's nice to unlatch and toss back the front, but this is a big sacrifice. Add to that the HUGE expense of getting a replacement Hard Top. As for me, I'm glad I held out. Even with all the MIC issues going around, they pale in comparison with what I'm hearing about the softy. Good Luck!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not a super early reservation holder, I placed my order last spring.. However I did initially plan to order a MOD top. When news came out that was pushed to 2023 I put in for a MIC top.. then over the summer I flip flopped back and fourth and eventually decided on soft top. I am a petite woman and I realized that if I went MIC I would rarely take the top off, at least the 2nd row, because It would just be too cumbersome to be high on my to do list, lol. A soft top is SOOO much easier for me and I forsee the top off all the time. This joined with the availability of the soft top really became a no-brainer for me. I live in NC so the weather is mild enough that I don't forsee a need for a hard top (IE long winters, lots of snow, etc) and we own our house with a garage (car won't be parked on the street or in public parking overnight, etc)... so given all factors of my situation a soft top really makes the most sense.

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I finally switched to soft top and was scheduled two weeks later. Sasquatch Base. It’s built. Now a long wait for delivery - delivery has been bumped several times from Dec 2- now expected in early January.

RUZ

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150, 2020 QX80
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I changed 2 weeks ago. Was scheduled last week.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I switched to the soft top after driving a demo. It would definitely be nice to have the hard top for the snow.. but plenty of PA people run soft top jeeps year-round and I work from home most of the time now anyways.

I also had the 2.3 engine and after driving a 2.3 demo swapped that for the 2.7 (which I have not driven yet).

I got picked up in October and scheduled for 12/20 and then over this past weekend was pushed to 1/3.

I originally wanted dual tops, so this was a worthwhile swap for me. On the other hand - my heart is set on the heated steering wheel, so I wouldn't drop Lux.

I think if you will be happy with it, make the swap. But if you'll be sad when you see your original build on the road, hold out as long as you can.
You can swap a top - can't swap a trim level.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not a super early reservation holder, I placed my order last spring.. However I did initially plan to order a MOD top. When news came out that was pushed to 2023 I put in for a MIC top.. then over the summer I flip flopped back and fourth and eventually decided on soft top. I am a petite woman and I realized that if I went MIC I would rarely take the top off, at least the 2nd row, because It would just be too cumbersome to be high on my to do list, lol. A soft top is SOOO much easier for me and I forsee the top off all the time. This joined with the availability of the soft top really became a no-brainer for me. I live in NC so the weather is mild enough that I don't forsee a need for a hard top (IE long winters, lots of snow, etc) and we own our house with a garage (car won't be parked on the street or in public parking overnight, etc)... so given all factors of my situation a soft top really makes the most sense.
I've had both soft and hard tops on my Jeeps, and agreed flipping the soft top down is very convenient. Sounds like you made a good choice based on your typical weather and usage.

For various reasons including living farther north, I've always liked having both and was planning to get with oem hardtop, and then buy a lower cost aftermarket soft top later. The people planning to later buy a hardtop will be in for a rude awakening on the cost.
Sponsored