Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gaw dang! So while I had the interior torn down to install the Killmat I figured I’d wire up some cargo lighting while I have access to the interior panels and wiring.

Took a couple weeks ordering and returning stuff that I wasn’t pleased with. Didn’t want the long 40” led bar that I’ve seen some using and the rock lights I tried were not bright at all so I settled on a set of four 8” led lights. I tried to wire them with the existing dome lights even though everyone said it’s not possible (yea I’m hard headed and needed to find out for myself). Settled on tapping into the existing 12v socket in the cargo area and a 3-gang switch. Didn’t like how the bigger ones looked so settled for these smaller ones.

Anyway I’m pleased with the amount of light it puts out, huge improvement over stock thats for sure. Just need it when I’m loading and unloading the truck mostly. Lights were like $29 and the switches another $8. Not too bad.

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 43821D06-6762-4165-B17E-B9B0538C2FDE

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 6A2EEE73-809E-40C8-B053-4AB5EF4306B7

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 88AA0672-D294-484E-8C0F-884220CC2406

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! DC5410E0-500F-4E39-8A1D-5B08E2E296C0

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 59A6F008-E75F-4FFE-B949-C06FBEDB98C3

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 463C64DB-936F-4F58-90D1-C2A403817CF0

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! AFAF951B-AC06-444A-BB0E-1ABC4EA737F8
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that came out great. Did you concentrate solely on the cargo area or did you throw some light into the rear seat area?

I too would have probably tried to wire some lights up there to the existing light. Somehow Mabett figured it out, they’re selling a plug-n-plug light that replaces the existing one for $129. I’m not sure I want to spend that much on some interior lights, I like your solution better and it’s way less!

I noticed you don’t have the little “ramps” that come from the cargo area to the back of the seats when they’re folded down. Did you remove those?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well done, those switches make it look clean. What's up with the cords running through the back seats, and what's your thoughts on that Husky rear mat, I see it's not laying flat on the end.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow that came out great. Did you concentrate solely on the cargo area or did you throw some light into the rear seat area?

I too would have probably tried to wire some lights up there to the existing light. Somehow Mabett figured it out, they’re selling a plug-n-plug light that replaces the existing one for $129. I’m not sure I want to spend that much on some interior lights, I like your solution better and it’s way less!

I noticed you don’t have the little “ramps” that come from the cargo area to the back of the seats when they’re folded down. Did you remove those?
Just the cargo area, my kids are older so no need to have a ton of light back there for them, I may get the IAG ones eventually but still at $100 I think its a bit overpriced for more lights.

Yea I saw the Mabett option but thought $100+ was WAAYY too much for some interior lighting. No I haven't removed anything in the truck, i added the Husky cargo liner and the Mabett rear seat protectors but didnt remove anything, I'll have to take a look again to see what you're talking about.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well done, those switches make it look clean. What's up with the cords running through the back seats, and what's your thoughts on that Husky rear mat, I see it's not laying flat on the end.
Ahhh ok I see what yall are talking about now...no there's nothing under the liner right now, that middle trim piece and the cargo floor are out of the Bronco while I worked on it. The only thing under the cargo mat is a few pieces of big cardboard and the floor mats, just enough to keep me from sinking into that storage area and where the jack is. I took those pictures last night, and ended up putting the flooring and center portion back today, thats why it looks all lumpy in the pic. Yea I got the Husky mats for the front and second row, and of course the liner, i like them a lot!

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahhh ok I see what yall are talking about now...no there's nothing under the liner right now, that middle trim piece and the cargo floor are out of the Bronco while I worked on it. The only thing under the cargo mat is a few pieces of big cardboard and the floor mats, just enough to keep me from sinking into that storage area and where the jack is. I took those pictures last night, and ended up putting the flooring and center portion back today, thats why it looks all lumpy in the pic. Yea I got the Husky mats for the front and second row, and of course the liner, i like them a lot!
Thanks, I was just shopping for the liners, deciding between Ford, Husky, or Mabott.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, I was just shopping for the liners, deciding between Ford, Husky, or Mabott.
I like the Husky one i got, seems thick enough, not at all thin or cheap looking.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only have the OEM ones, but am thinking of putting in the upgraded carpet ones (kind of oxymoron I know) for my mall crawling/dropping kids at school and sports. I don’t favor the full on plasticky look of the full rubber mats. If you want OEM ones, maybe I can sell you mine?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gaw dang! So while I had the interior torn down to install the Killmat I figured I’d wire up some cargo lighting while I have access to the interior panels and wiring.

Took a couple weeks ordering and returning stuff that I wasn’t pleased with. Didn’t want the long 40” led bar that I’ve seen some using and the rock lights I tried were not bright at all so I settled on a set of four 8” led lights. I tried to wire them with the existing dome lights even though everyone said it’s not possible (yea I’m hard headed and needed to find out for myself). Settled on tapping into the existing 12v socket in the cargo area and a 3-gang switch. Didn’t like how the bigger ones looked so settled for these smaller ones.

Anyway I’m pleased with the amount of light it puts out, huge improvement over stock thats for sure. Just need it when I’m loading and unloading the truck mostly. Lights were like $29 and the switches another $8. Not too bad.

Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! AFAF951B-AC06-444A-BB0E-1ABC4EA737F8

So in a previous life, you customized stretch limos?

Sponsored

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you can’t take the roof off now?

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume you can’t take the roof off now?
I don’t think I’ll ever take off the back section but I installed everything so that I still could if I wanted to. The cargo lights are attached to the roll bar not the roof, and I installed a quick disconnect by the rear glass so I could unplug it if I wanted to take off the rear portion 😎👍🏼
Ford Bronco Finally finished cargo lighting! 3AE00E29-9289-4F8B-A1A0-21B172FF018B

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs