Sponsored

Finally got my Wildtrack ( and under MSRP)

Wildtrax

Wildtrak
First Name
Vinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla ModelX and Mercedes GLS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Finally got my Wildtrack ( and under MSRP) 6E9A6304-79F0-470D-A751-11394522F726
Shout out to Folsom Lake Ford in CA. They have been awesome to work with through this ordering process. Got my 4-Door Wildtrack at ~$3600 below MSRP, courtesy of Ford private offer (I think that’s what the price protection is called). Order was originally placed in Oct’21 with reservation in Nov’20.

I love the car so far!! BTW, are the Wildtrack tires good for heavy snow conditions? I ask as they are rated as mud terrain.

FD61B35F-104D-4B54-83CB-8A04D6FD1E80.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those tires are great in the snow despite not being three peaks. But they call them rock throwers for a reason. Chipped the bronco faster than my last three vehicles combined, in their whole lifetimes with me. The Mabett mud flaps do help though. I still prefer ko2's. But ko2's are not as quiet on the pavement.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations on your Wildtrak. I think it’s the best trim out there. Love the roof rack on the 4 door.👏
Ford Bronco Finally got my Wildtrack ( and under MSRP) 7C1664C8-9158-4951-8506-32F8D3D1478F

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats, now get yourself some mudflaps ASAP.
Cannot stress this enough... stock SAS tires are gravel magnets and will chip the paint

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cannot stress this enough... stock SAS tires are gravel magnets and will chip the paint
Indeed. I ditched the Goodyears for Wildpeak AT3W’s at 210 miles and there was a small chip on the passenger door with only paved roads for those miles. I did a full 3M PPF at 300 miles as I plan on keeping mine 15+ years so the $3,500 for some extra protection was an easy decision for me.

OP
OP

Wildtrax

Wildtrak
First Name
Vinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla ModelX and Mercedes GLS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Indeed. I ditched the Goodyears for Wildpeak AT3W’s at 210 miles and there was a small chip on the passenger door with only paved roads for those miles. I did a full 3M PPF at 300 miles as I plan on keeping mine 15+ years so the $3,500 for some extra protection was an easy decision for me.
Would this still be an issue with running boards? I had hoped that the running boards, which I have, would indirectly protect the paint from rock chip. If not, I guess I will have to get some mud flaps.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would this still be an issue with running boards? I had hoped that the running boards, which I have, would indirectly protect the paint from rock chip. If not, I guess I will have to get some mud flaps.
Running board will definitely help, mudflaps will fill that void. And while the Goodyears are known for flinging rocks, just the nature of the tires placement far outside the wheelwells makes it a problem no matter what tires you go with.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Running board will definitely help, mudflaps will fill that void. And while the Goodyears are known for flinging rocks, just the nature of the tires placement far outside the wheelwells makes it a problem no matter what tires you go with.
Running boards definitely help as my daughter has the factory running boards on her ‘22 Bronco with the same 315/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks that are on my ‘23. Her’s also got the full PPF treatment, doesn’t have mud flaps(I don’t like the look), and so far at 17,000 miles, the PPF has taken a little punishment but no rocks have penetrated the film down to the paint.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Finally got my Wildtrack ( and under MSRP) 7C1664C8-9158-4951-8506-32F8D3D1478F
Shout out to Folsom Lake Ford in CA. They have been awesome to work with through this ordering process. Got my 4-Door Wildtrack at ~$3600 below MSRP, courtesy of Ford private offer (I think that’s what the price protection is called). Order was originally placed in Oct’21 with reservation in Nov’20.

I love the car so far!! BTW, are the Wildtrack tires good for heavy snow conditions? I ask as they are rated as mud terrain.

Congrats! Just got my WT 2 weeks ago! Absolutely love it!!
Sponsored