First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had an early reservation and ordered my Bronco as soon as I could, but it was based as much on faith as anything else until this past Saturday when I had a chance to put my hands on one at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA. The Ford reps let me poke around the two four-doors (I ordered a two-door) until my heart was content, but I spent the bulk of my time with the Badlands model. Some of my general observations were as follows:
  • Ergonomics were perfect for my 6' 1", 200 lb. frame. Everything seemed to fall into place when I climbed in the cabin. Very nice.
  • I heard from some people they thought the four-door Broncos seemed really big. That wasn't my impression.
  • Seats were really comfortable and with decent support. I'll be taking many road trips so this made me happy.
  • Quality for this pre-production seemed pretty good. Everything I grabbed on the doors, dashboard, overhead, etc. had a nice solid feel.
  • However, I wouldn't trust a good tug on the console grab handle on the front passenger side. I almost felt I could tear it off without much effort.
  • Although there have been multiple comments about the size of the rear storage area, there seemed to be plenty of room.
I stuck around for about 30 minutes and jockeyed with the other attendees to get into the vehicles, and am glad I did. I had been getting a little jaded with the drawn out order process, but this short experience re-energized me.
Ford Bronco Finally Got to See One! Bronco3
Ford Bronco Finally Got to See One! Bronco1
Ford Bronco Finally Got to See One! Bronco4
Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for posting the photos. How did the weight of the doors feel? You want them heavy enough to feel substantial, but light enough to take off easily. Did they feel flimsy or anything?

And did you get a photo of the start button? It's hidden behind the wheel in one of your photos.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an early reservation and ordered my Bronco as soon as I could, but it was based as much on faith as anything else until this past Saturday when I had a chance to put my hands on one at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA. The Ford reps let me poke around the two four-doors (I ordered a two-door) until my heart was content, but I spent the bulk of my time with the Badlands model. Some of my general observations were as follows:
  • Ergonomics were perfect for my 6' 1", 200 lb. frame. Everything seemed to fall into place when I climbed in the cabin. Very nice.
  • I heard from some people they thought the four-door Broncos seemed really big. That wasn't my impression.
  • Seats were really comfortable and with decent support. I'll be taking many road trips so this made me happy.
  • Quality for this pre-production seemed pretty good. Everything I grabbed on the doors, dashboard, overhead, etc. had a nice solid feel.
  • However, I wouldn't trust a good tug on the console grab handle on the front passenger side. I almost felt I could tear it off without much effort.
  • Although there have been multiple comments about the size of the rear storage area, there seemed to be plenty of room.
I stuck around for about 30 minutes and jockeyed with the other attendees to get into the vehicles, and am glad I did. I had been getting a little jaded with the drawn out order process, but this short experience re-energized me.
Ford Bronco Finally Got to See One! 1
Glad you enjoyed the experience! Thanks for sharing your observations.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did the weight of the doors feel? You want them heavy enough to feel substantial, but light enough to take off easily. Did they feel flimsy or anything?
Door weight was spot on from my perspective. Light, but solid. I was even pleased with the interior door handle, which I thought would feel flimsy from looking at pics.

Similar to the OP, the only place I felt didn't feel substantial/sturdy enough was that console grab handle. Hope they somehow addressed that for production.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Door weight was spot on from my perspective. Light, but solid. I was even pleased with the interior door handle, which I thought would feel flimsy from looking at pics.

Similar to the OP, the only place I felt didn't feel substantial/sturdy enough was that console grab handle. Hope they somehow addressed that for production.
Thank you for the first-hand input. It would be awful to have the grab handle ripped off as someone climbs in.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the first-hand input. It would be awful to have the grab handle ripped off as someone climbs in.
Oops for sure.

To be clear, I doubt it's going anywhere. I didn't look closely at where the flex was coming from - but it's likely structurally sound, just isn't 100% solid in feel. It's the kind of thing where it probably will last years of people putting heavy tugs on it, but people won't because it doesn't feel right.

Should add - rarely would someone pull sideways on that one. It's not that conducive to helping enter the vehicle, just for a grab spot while in it.

OP
OP
kirnma

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for posting the photos. How did the weight of the doors feel? You want them heavy enough to feel substantial, but light enough to take off easily. Did they feel flimsy or anything?

And did you get a photo of the start button? It's hidden behind the wheel in one of your photos.
Good question. Based on the feel, I wouldn't have thought the doors were removable. They closed with a nice, solid "thunk", and I didn't feel any flex. To me, much nicer than a Wrangler. The Ford representatives also had a door off one of the Broncos and in the carry bag. The bag is really nice, but the door felt heavier than I thought it would (maybe because I'm in my 60s?). The doors on the four-doors are smaller than those on the two-doors, so it might be a two-person job for me on my two-door unit.

I did not get a picture of the start button. Now that you say it, I didn't even notice it, which I don't know is good or bad. Sorry.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kirnma

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
ugh, all these 4 doors. Nice pics though. How does the smaller screen look?

It is similar to the screen I have in my GMC Canyon, which is plenty big. I think the 8" screen fits the dash better than the 12", but that's only my opinion.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question. Based on the feel, I wouldn't have thought the doors were removable. They closed with a nice, solid "thunk", and I didn't feel any flex. To me, much nicer than a Wrangler. The Ford representatives also had a door off one of the Broncos and in the carry bag. The bag is really nice, but the door felt heavier than I thought it would (maybe because I'm in my 60s?). The doors on the four-doors are smaller than those on the two-doors, so it might be a two-person job for me on my two-door unit.

I did not get a picture of the start button. Now that you say it, I didn't even notice it, which I don't know is good or bad. Sorry.
thanks for the answers. this is helpful.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for sharing!

Duke

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota RAV4 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks for the post - you are about the same size as me so i'm happy to hear that the seats felt supportive enough for long drives. i owned an fj cruiser and i could only tolerate those seats for about 2 hours max...
Sponsored